Chat Over Discord While Enjoying Your Favorite Playstation 4 Games
With these steps, you can play your favorite PlayStation 4 games while using Discord at the same time. The setup might take a bit longer, but it will be worth it.
This method will have to suffice until the official PlayStation 4 version of the app comes to life.
Have you managed to set everything up? Which headset and MixAmp are you using? Tell us in the comments below.
S To Stream From Playstation To Twitch To Discord
Is your Twitch account already connected to your PlayStation?
If so, you can skip to step 6.
1) At the PlayStation home screen, you will need to go to your PlayStation Settings.
2) From Settings, you will have to go down to Sharing and Broadcast.
3) When in Sharing and Broadcast, you will need to select Link with Other Services.
4) After you have selected Link with Other Services, the next step will be to select Twitch and follow PlayStations Instructions on connecting the services.
5) After your Twitch account is paired with your PlayStation, you are now able to stream directly from your PlayStation to Twitch.
6) To activate the stream, you will first need to start up a game. For this example, I will be using Apex Legends, but this works with any game.
7) On your Playstation Controller, you will need to press the Button.
8)When pressed this screen will appear in front of your game.
9) Next you will go down and select Broadcast Gameplay.
10) When selected, it will ask which service do you want to broadcast on? Select Twitch.
11) When you have selected Twitch, you will be brought to the screen below featuring your game. This will allow you to change the title of your stream, the quality of your stream, and even send invites to other players.
12) Once you select Start Broadcasting, you will be shown a screen where you can either can adjust the Audio Sharing Settings or go straight into Start Broadcasting.
16) This will allow a bring out a menu where you will select Channel.
How To Connect Discord To A Twitch Stream
Whats better than one popular streaming community coming together? Discord and Twitch are either a marriage made in heaven or Frankensteins child ready to wreak havoc on the online community. It all depends on your community, right?
If you want to see what kind of trouble you and your online audience can get up to, why not have your Discord and Twitch families get together. Its easy to do and makes for a very fulfilling streaming session.
Check out how to connect these two popular platforms and get your entire online community together for one big streaming party.
You May Like: Playstation Network Sign In Failed 2018
Equipment To Get Discord For Ps4
Here are the things needed to get discord on ps4:
- The headset supports a USB connection and has an optical fibre cable. Ex- A40 TR headset.
- For switching audio in between PlayStation and your PC, you need a Mixamp, or even a Mixamp Pro TR will do the trick.
- 3.5mm Male to Male cables, 3.5 mm Aux Splitter 3.5mm to 3.5mm with volume are needed.
- Lastly, you need to install the Discord app on your desktop or laptop. This step is optional.
Note: Visit the official website of Discord to download the app for your device. There you will find several versions of the app for users of MAC OS or Linus.
Ps4 Settings To Get Discord For Ps4
Lets head up to PS4 settings, go down to devices from here, down to audio devices, and then be sure that you have that cable plugged in and switched over to the headphones connected to the controller.
Be sure it automatically did that and its selected to option.
Not the Tv or amplifier. Now go back on to the main audio devices menu. Make sure that the option is set to and not to .
You can always control the volume from you can set it accordingly. So lets get on the PC side to finish the rest of the setup.
You May Like: How To Put Ps4 Pro In Safe Mode
Configure Your Browser Correctly
Before accessing Discord and performing all the necessary operations to enable the service, you should be careful to check the adjustments from the PS4 browser. In particular, access to Internet browser of the PS4, pressing on its application Placed within the main menu.
How To Install Discord On Ps4 And Connect My Discord Account To Ps4
Discord is a platform that in no time became popular among Gamers and Youtubers. Discord has more than 100 million downloads and users across the world.
You Know that Discord can be installed on PC and Mobiles Phone and other platforms, But did you know that Discord can also be installed on PS4.
Many of the user who has PS4 as well PC and who has Discord in PC but not in PS4 keep on asking developers of Discord to develop Discord for PS4.
So everyone knows that they have to wait for a long time to use it on PS4, but there is a TRICK which is available and with that trick, you can easily know how to install discord on ps4 and how to use discord on PS4?
Read Also: How To Edit Faster In Fortnite On Ps4
Why Gamers Prefer Discord
Although the PlayStation Party Chat offers excellent features to get you connected with your friends through your gaming journey, Discord is still preferred by most users as it has been in the game for a long time and has established its throne when it comes to chatting.
Discord might as well be one of the biggest communicating apps used by gamers all over the world and has all the necessary requirements and features to make your gaming journey great by linking you with your friends. Discord has become so prevalent that most gamers cant even think of living without it.
Moreover, Discord is way more valuable and efficient when it comes to various gaming networks for chatting. Check this article If you have an issue with with Discord Stream no Sound.
How To Install Discord On Ps4 In December 2021
If you are a gamer, then you must already know about the discord application. We all know that discord has millions of users all around the world just because it is considered to be the best platform for communication in the audio-video image and text format while playing a game.
You may have used this code on your PC and other various platforms. But, have you used it yet on the PS4 consoles? If not then this article is for you. We will let you know how you can install the discord ps4 app on all your PS4.
human discord app is not available for PlayStation 4 console as it does not support it. But very soon we will be able to witness Discord on PS4.
You May Also Like : How to Fix Discord Screen Share No Audio Problems
People who do use Discord all around The World, are making a request to the official discord page for the development of the PS4 version of the discord app to the developers.
But if you do not want to wait for it and want to use the discord PS4 app, then you are at the right place. If you want to use discord on PS4 then we have provided you a way by which you can do so.
You May Like: How To Connect Ps4 Controller To Pc Using Bluetooth
Setting Up Discord On Playstation 4
If you are willing to set up Discord on your PlayStation 4, you will have to find the required equipment first and then follow through with all the steps to get everything done right. The following passage contains text about the equipment youll be needing, along with the stepwise procedure of how we will get Discord on the PlayStation 4. And you will also get to know how to use Discord on PS4.
Equipment Required For Discord On Ps4
The following is a list of every piece of equipment you will be needing to run Discord on your PlayStation 4.
- A headset with an optical cable and USB connection support.
- A MixAmp to allow switching of Audio between the PlayStation and your PC. Of course, a MixAmp Pro TR or something similar will also get the work done.
- You will also need the following cables
- 3.5 mm Aux splitter 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm with volume
- 3.5 mm Male to Male cable
- It would be best if you also had Discord downloaded on your Desktop/Laptop. Visit Discords official website to download the application.
Read Also: Forgot Parental Control Password Ps4
S To Connect Discord On Ps4 & Ps5
- Connect the optical cable between the Mixamp and the PS4, which will help you switch the audio.
- Go to the PS4 settings, select sound, and screen, and go to the audio output settings. Here, change the primary output port to digital output.
- Now, plug one end of the USB cable into your base station and another end into your PC.
- Make sure that the base station is in PC mode or otherwise any further process wont work.
- Open Discord on your Desktop and change the input device in voice setting to your Mixamp device.
- Use the 3.5 mm audio jack and run it via your PCs speakers.
- Go back to your voice setting on Discord and modify the output device to your PC speakers.
- Now you will be able to talk via Discord and use PS4 simultaneously.
Recommended: How to Fix PS4 Overheating in 2021
Bring The Entire Family Together
Why limit yourself to either Discord or Twitch when you can bring the entire family together for some streaming shenanigans. You can even use features like Discords Streamer Mode or Twitchs Nightbot for a little cross-platform promotion.
Just remember that to make this match made in heaven, you do need a desktop to perform the melding ceremony first. So, if you havent done so already, head on to your desktop and integrate your Discord and Twitch accounts. You never know what youll encounter when these two communities come together.
Do you integrate your Discord and Twitch accounts? Does it make a difference with community interactions? Tell us about it in the comments section below.
Don’t Miss: How Much Does Gamestop Buy Ps4 For
How To Connect Ps4 To Discord The Step
If you are new to this, Discord on PS4 browser may seem impossible to you. But its not like that you can easily connect Discord and PS4 and share your gameplay with others. The answer to the question of how to connect PS4 to Discord mobileis almost the same as the desktop.
So, now lets see the steps you will have to follow carefully for connecting PS4 to Discord:
Requirements To Use Discord On Ps4
Setting up the Discord on your PS4 is a no brainer but to follow the steps mentioned above, you need to fulfill a few requirements, as under
- To begin with Discord on PS4, you need to have a headset similar to the A40 TR headset. This headset has an optical cable with a USB connection.
- To switch audio between your PS4 and PC, you would need a Mixamp similar to Mixamp Pro TR.
- The last and prime requirement is a Phone or PC.
Once you have satisfied these requirements, you are good to proceed.
Also Check: How Do You Sign Into The Playstation Network
Can I Connect My Discord Account To Ps4
Yes, you can connect your discord account to PS4 simply by signing in from the app.
The Discord app has become so popular among gamers that describing its pros will leave no bounds. There are millions of Discord users across the globe, and so Discord stands as one of the best platforms for communication.
This app has become so advanced that you can now add music bots in discord.
You might know well that Discord can be installed on PC and on various other platforms.
But can you imagine it to be used on PS4 consoles as well.
Let me enlighten you by saying that:
Discord users have been sending requests on Discords official Support for developers to make the PS4 version of the app.
Also check out how to enable discord screen share on your playstation.
So, you might think:
You need to wait for the app to be launched for using Discord on PS4?
Theres a trick to use Discord on your PlayStation 4.
But it will take a longer time to set up and you also need a few equipment as well.
ProTip: If you want to surprise your friends by sending different font text like the strike through text then check out our separate post on how to format text on discord.
Can I Join The Bonus Feature Ps4 Party On Pc
Yes, you can join the PlayStation 4 party on your PC. Lets speak about the PS4 party before going into How to join a PS4 party on PC. One of Sonys unique features for PS4 owners is party chat. It allows players to communicate with other team members via voice chat while playing, adding excitement. Not to mention the ability to share your screen with other teammates.
Youve come to the right site if youre seeking instructions on how to join PS4 party chat on PC. To join PS4 Party Chat on PC, simply follow the on-screen instructions.
To use PS4 party chat on your PC, you must first sync your console with your computer. Then youll want to get Remote Play for PS4, which is a function that allows you to stream your favourite PS4 games from any device, anywhere. Simply download Remote Play, install it on your computer, and start using it. If you want to read a detailed guide on how to join PS4 part on a PC, you can check on the internet many artefacts explain the procedure in much detail.
Recommended Reading: Difference Between Xbox And Playstation
How To Install Discord On Ps4 And Ps5
In face of the recent situation in the world, gamers are embracing online gaming and streaming with screen sharing to ensure they stay connected with their peers while playing their favorite games.
Apps like Discord and Telegram have really picked up the limelight in recent months. Even Sony PlayStation couldnt stay back and have introduced a feature Party Chat on their PS5 consoles, but it still has very limited capabilities compared to Discord.
Even though Discord is widely available on desktop and mobile platforms, it is still not available on Playstation Store.
In the recent months, Discord support forums have all filled up with numerous requests from Discordians to offer native version of Discord App for Playstation.
It is most likely that Discord is already in the process of developing an app for PS4 and PS5.
But waiting isnt the best option, is it?
Considering Discords amazing screen sharing feature, youre most likely be looking for a way to stream your gaming sessions or watch Netflix together with your friends by installing Discord on your PS4 or PS5.
Following this guideline, you would be able to install Discord on your PlayStation 4 or 5 and stay connected with your friends whilst gaming.
How To Get Discord On Ps4
Can you get discord on ps4? OFCOURSE!
Below is a step-by-step guide to doing it:
- Firstly, open the discord application on your PC or phone.
- Next, go to the internet browser on your PS4 consoles.
- In your browsers URL bar, type discord.com
- Press ok and type in your account details, including account username and password
- Now, log into your discord account.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Out Of Safe Mode Ps4
Setting Up On Your Pc
Now, its time to connect everything to your PC. Power on your computer and follow these steps:
Setting Up The Mixamp With Your Pc For Dual Audio Setup
You May Like: How To Install Mod Menu Gta 5 Ps4
How To Show Your Ps4 Activity On Discord
Do you want to show off your progress for all your PS4 games on Discord? Well, you can, and you should.
However, it is not possible officially as there is no official Discord integration. But that doesnt stop other developers. Introducing Tustin, the developer behind a third-party Discord app will show your PS4 activity just like Discord does it on its official platform.
As a result, sharing your PS4 activity is not as straight forward as when playing on the PC or Xbox One we are breaking down the steps to make it buttery smooth:
Step 1: Download the PlayStationDiscord app on your PC. Step 2: Install and open the app.Step 3: Sign in with your PSN account.Step 4: After logging in > Enable Rich Presence.
To understand how it works, Rich Presence is a feature that allows developers to share user activity to Discord accounts. Third-party apps use it to share the activity with Discord to show people what youre doing, like watching Netflix.
However, there is one disadvantage. It only runs if your PC is turned on and the app is running. If youre gaming on the PS4 and the app is not open, the information will not display