How To Use Ps3 Dualshock 3 Controller To Play Games On Iphone Ipad Ipod Touch
Casual gaming has taken off to be one of the biggest things that nobody thought would ever happen. Gone are the days where the only video game you could play had to be in front of a TV, connected to a system with zero portability. Mobile games are one of the driving forces for procrastination, but lets face it, most mobile games suck for actual gaming. Touch-screen devices are perfect for one-touch controlled puzzlers such as Temple Run, or Angry Birds, but dont perform as well when an analogue axis and buttons are slapped onto the screen.
Luckily, Apples iOS devices can be jailbroken. At least they can be on iOS 6.1.2 firmware. As such, a developer who has been having this problem as much as us has created a very nifty tweak which enables third-party controller use on iOS devices. Weve put together a full video tutorial along with a step-by-step guide on this process below, so follow along with that to use your PS3 controller on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch!
The step-by-step process is as follows, with a video tutorial at the end of the post:
- You must have a jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. If you are on iOS 6, follow our complete step by step video guide on how to jailbreak iOS 6 untethered using Evasi0n on Windows, Mac or Linux.
- A DualShock 3 Wireless Controller for PS3.
- You must also download the SixAxisPairTool for either Mac or Windows, you can download it from here.
- Install the Blutrol jailbreak tweak from Cydias BigBoss repo.
How To Pair A Playstation Controller To Iphone And Ipad
- To connect a DualShock PlayStation controller, first make sure your iPhone or iPad is updated to iOS 13.
- Open Settings on your device. Tap Bluetooth.
- On the controller, press and hold the middle PS button and the SHARE button at the same time.
- Hold the buttons down for five seconds until the LED status indicator starts flashing.
- DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller will appear in the Bluetooth menu on your iOS device. Tap to connect.
- You can now open a game and start playing with your controller.
When you are finished playing, you can disconnect the controller by holding down the PS and the OPTIONS button. Alternatively, dive back into Settings and disconnect by pressing the button in the Bluetooth devices list.
You can also follow the same instructions to connect your controller to the Apple TV. Update your Apple TV to tvOS 13 and then navigate to Settings -> Remotes and Devices -> Bluetooth. Follow the steps as above.
How To Pair An Xbox One Controller
- Open the settings menu of the iPhone, click on Bluetooth and make sure it is activated.
- Turn on the controller by holding the Xbox button, then press the Connect button on the front edge of the controller for 3 seconds.
- Return to your iPhone, Xbox Wireless Controller should have appeared in the Connecting to other devices section.
- Click Xbox Wireless Controller to connect. This will now be available in the list of connected devices.
- To cancel the pairing, click on the blue button next to the name and then on Forget this device.
You May Like: How To Reset My Ps4 Controller
Can You Play Ps5 On Ipad
Yes, you can! Streaming Xbox and Playstation games to iPad Pro is possible through a new service, called Xbox Cloud Gaming Service. The new service allows you to play Xbox games on an iPad, and your controller stays paired with it. Similarly, Xbox games can be streamed to iPad via Remote Play, which works like screen sharing on a PC. The service is currently in beta, and it may be worth a shot if you want to try it out.
To pair your DualSense wireless controller with your iPad, turn on Bluetooth on your iPad. Then press the PS button and the Transcend button simultaneously. The controller will flash blue, and once paired, it will appear in the Bluetooth search list. From there, go to Settings-General and tap on Game Controller. Turn on the tactile feedback option to enable it. You can also take screenshots or record screen recordings.
Learn More Here:
Can You Control Blu Ray And Music Apps On Ps3 Using Iphone
Its possible however, its different from controlling Netflix or YouTube. You can play two types of music media on PS3 using iPhone Spotify and iPhone music.
Lets first discuss how to control Spotify on PS3 with your iPhone. First, you must open the apps on both devices. You can find Spotify in the PlayStation Music app.
Next, select a song and tap the Now Playing bar, available at the bottom. You can see the Devices Available option on your iPhone, where you can opt for PS3 to stream songs.
Streaming music media stored in an iPhone is a challenging task. Lucky for you, you can use an app known as Sync: stream, which is essentially a free app available on the Apple iOS App Store. This way, you can stream your iPhone music on Sony PS3, DVRs, and even Blu-ray players.
First, you need to ensure that both the PlayStation 3 and iPhone use the same Wi-Fi network. Once done, navigate to the Music section on PS3, where you can see iPhone as a menu option. All you need to do is to select it to see the other list of folders.
Next, search for your favorite song and press the X button. Now, you can play different songs on PS3 from your iPhone.
In addition to that, you can also use the iMediaShare app to stream iTunes music on PS3. You need to search for your iPhone on PS3 and navigate to Music.
However, following the below steps if you dont find the iPhone option in PS 3 while using any of the above applications:
Don’t Miss: How To Delete Ps4 Profile
What To Check First When Remote Play Isnt Available
Check to make sure that your PS5 console or PS4 console can connect to the internet, and that you’re able to sign in to PlayStationâ¢Network.
- On your PS5 console, from the home screen, go to > > , and then select or .
- On your PS4 console, from the function screen, go to and then select . Make sure that the checkmark is selected for . You can also check by going to , and then selecting or .
Check to make sure that the system software on your PS5 console or PS4 console is updated to the latest version.
Playing Content From Your Ipad
You May Like: How Much Is Call Of Duty Modern Warfare On Ps4
How Do You Connect Your Controller To Your Iphone
Go to Settings, and then Bluetooth Settings on your iPhone or iPad. Press and hold the PS and Share button until the light bar starts to flash. When the PS4 controller flashes white its in pairing mode and should appear under Other Devices section in Bluetooth settings. Select the controller in settings to pair it.
Install Ps Remote Play On Your Iphone Or Ipad
– A dedicated PS Remote Play application is available on the Apple App Store. You can .
– Once installed, you need to open it and log into your PlayStation Network account.
– Ensure that you are on Wi-Fi because the app will only work across your home network – you cannot play PS4 or PS5 games remotely when on the bus, for example.
– After login, the app will search your network for the PS4 or PS5 you want to use. You need to have the console switched on, and you need to be logged into the PS4 or PS5 too.
– Once found, you should see the PS4 or PS5 homescreen on your device and on-screen controls will pop up that you can use to navigate and start games.
– If your console cannot be found – especially the first time you use the app – you probably need to register your iOS device in the console’s settings.
Also Check: Is Sea Of Thieves Cross Platform Ps4
Apple Could Be Working On 3 New Game Controllers
Wireless controllers that work with iPhones, iPads, and Apple TV are available, as are controllers that can be attached to an iPad using a magnetic clasp. The last design has a trackpad and buttons that are similar to those found in the current iPhone and iPad controllers. Despite the fact that it is unclear when, if, or even whether these controllers will ever be available, the patent appears to indicate that Apple is at least considering making them. Gaming has become increasingly popular as a result of controller-based games such as Fortnite and PUBG, and its clear that more and more people want to participate in the action.
How To Pair A Ps4 Controller
- Open the settings menu of the iPhone, click on Bluetooth and make sure it is activated.
- Turn on the controller by pressing the PS button. When turned on, press the PS button and the simultaneously until the light bar turns white and blinks.
- Return to your iPhone, DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller should have appeared in the Connecting to other devices section.
- Click DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller to connect the controller. This will now be available in the list of connected devices.
- To cancel pairing, click on the blue i button next to the name and then on Forget this device.
Recommended Reading: How To Purchase From Playstation Store
How To Control Ps3 With Iphone
With the advancements in technology, you can elevate your gaming experience to a whole new level, allowing you to control PS3 with your Apple iPhone and iPod touch.
Lucky for you, this article discusses the guide to connect PS3 to your iPhone. Not only that, but youll learn how to use the iPhone as a remote controller to play Youtube, iPhone, Music, and Netflix on PS3.
This way, you can control the gaming console with your iPhone to play high-definition and Blu-ray games.
Can Ps3 Controller Connect To Ipad
You may be asking, Can PS3 Controller Connect to iPad? You have to jailbreak the iPad in order to connect your PS3 controller to your tablet. You can then toggle Bluetooth on and off to make your PS3 controller connect to your tablet. Once your controller is connected, you can play games on your tablet. Alternatively, you can buy a compatible controller. Then, you can use it to play games on your iPad.
First, you need to download the Blutrol application. This application allows you to use the PlayStation controller in Android games. To do this, you need to take a screenshot of the game you want to play. You can choose landscape or portrait mode, then drag the controls on the screenshot. This works with many games, but you will have to take screenshots of games that feature virtual onscreen buttons. Using this method, you can play PS3 games on your tablet.
The next step is to turn on Bluetooth functionality on your iPad. Make sure your iPad is not on Airplane mode. The controller must be MFI-certified. If it is not, you will need to buy a MFI-certified controller. If youre unsure of what MFI certification means, contact your local Apple Store for more information. If you still have questions, dont hesitate to contact us!
Recommended Reading: How To Eject Disc Ps4
Can I Use My Iphone As A Ps3 Controller
We hate to break the news, but the iPhone doesnt offer an ideal design for remote control. Unfortunately, there isnt any way to use the iPhone as a PS3 remote control without any jailbreak. Jailbreaking is a legal procedure to remove the restrictions from Apples iOS.
However, you can download an app from an app store such as WeBe++ to control the PS3. This way, you dont have to spend extra bucks buying an additional remote controller for your friends. However, the app doesnt work well on your jailbroken iPhone with iOS 9 and higher.
Add Your Iphone Or Ipad To The Console’s Remote Play Devices
– If you’re on last-gen hardware, you first need to ensure that your PS4 has system software 7.02 or above. It should have downloaded automatically, but if not head to System Software Update in the main Settings menu. It will check and download and install the latest build.
– The steps below are the exact same for PS5, too!
– To register your iOS device with the console manually, head to the same main Settings menu on the console.
– Now go to Remote Play Connection Settings by scrolling down.
– In there, click on Add Device.
– On the next screen you will see a code comprised of eight numbers and a countdown clock on how long the code will be valid.
– Before the time runs out, go back to your iOS device and on the “Searching for console” screen you will see “Register Manually” in the bottom corner.
– Click on that and you can enter the code from the console itself. The devices should then pair and the homescreen will appear on your phone or tablet as before.
– This could also be required should you want to switch consoles, which you can do in the iOS app’s settings.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Ps4 Controller Vibrate Continuously On Pc
Allow The App To Pair
Once you’ve connected your controller and switched it on, you’ll receive a prompt asking whether you want to allow the app to access your device. Simply select OK and the app will begin syncing.
If your device is compatible, the status of the app will change to Sixaxis Enabled. You can then move the controller’s joysticks and press buttons to make sure that the app registers these movements. If it works properly, lines of input code will appear as you interact with the controller.
If your device is not compatible, rooting will not fix this unless you add a custom ROM that has the proper firmware updates. In our testing, an HTC One M7 worked with Sixaxis Controller while rooted, but was not compatible with Sixaxis Enabler.
However, we’ve confirmed compatibility with the Samsung Galaxy S8. We were also able to use the app with the Galaxy S10 and Huawei P20 Pro. Once your controller is paired to your device, you can simply open a game and begin using it.
Pair Controller Through Sixaxis Controller App
You’ll be glad that this step is relatively easier then prior ones. Make sure the app has superuser permissions on your phone before you start.
At this point, it’s as easy as pressing the Start button in the Sixaxis Controller app. The app will then do a series of checks to make sure you have the correct drivers.
By pressing the Pair Controller button, you’ll be able to check that your phone’s Bluetooth address is now the controller’s master address. If you were unable to properly pair the controller with SixaxisPairTool, the Pair Controller function will do this for you—as long as you have the correct drivers installed.
When the dialog in the app says Client 1 connected, the connection is successful. You can check to make sure everything is working by pressing buttons and moving the sticks around—the app should respond by moving its selections according to your buttons.
Now, just start up a game that allows gamepad input and have fun!
Also Check: How To Clean Dust From Ps4
How Do I Airplay From Iphone To Ps3
How do I AirPlay from iPhone to PS3?
Its extremely simple, and can be done by following these few easy steps:
How do I put music from my phone onto my PS3?
How to Connect a Phone to a PS3
Can you stream music to PS3?
How can I get iTunes on my PS3?