Connecting With A Cable
How To Connect Ps4 Controller Without A Cable
How To Connect A Ps4 Controller To Windows 10
PC gamers know that the greatest gaming joys are found on our rigs. The complaint that its awkward to set up gamepads with a PC is a myth, made all the more mythical by Steams recent integration of PS4 controller support into its platform, where it seamlessly lets your DualShock 4 work with any game that supports a gamepad.
There are a number of ways to connect your PS4 controller to your PC, and we have them all covered here.
Don’t Miss: How Many Bookshelves For Max Enchantment Ps4
Connect Wireless Controller To Ps4 With Bluetooth
To add additional wireless PS4 controllers wirelessly, youll need to go to your PS4 dashboard with a controller that is already synced. Look for the Settings icon, which looks like a briefcase, in the row of icons above the home menu. From Settings, navigate to Devices > Bluetooth Devices.
Take the controller you want to connect and hold down the Share and PS button at the same time for at least 5 seconds. When the controller shows up in the list of Bluetooth Devices, select it. Your PS4 controller is now connected to your console and you can repeat this for any additional wireless controllers you want to connect.
Option : Connect Via Bluetooth
Because you need to be able to control the menu, connecting via Bluetooth is only possible for a second or third controller.
Don’t Miss: What Is Safe Mode On Ps4
How To Sync Ps4 Controller With Cable
It does not matter whether you are using a PS$ controller with or without wire. You can always use an official USB cable for syncing your PS4 controller to your PS4. Why am I using the word officially repeatedly with the USB cable?
It is because there are several USB cables that have the exact same connectors but comes with different specifications. So, it is highly recommended only to use the official cable for any syncing issue.
Now follow the below-mentioned steps for the syncing.
- To power on your PS4 console, press the power button.
- Now connect the side of the micro connector of the official USB cable to the PS4 controller. On the back of your controller, you will find the particular mini USB port.
- Now, plug the other connector end of the official USB cable into a specific USB port on your PS4 console.
- On your controller, press the button written PS.
- Your PS4 controller must sync with your PS console now.
In case you are willing to sync your PS4 controller wirelessly, you can follow another method that I have explained.
Reset The Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller
Turn off and unplug your PS4.
Locate the small reset button on the back of the controller near the L2 shoulder button.
Use a small tool to push the button inside the tiny hole. Hold the button down for roughly 3-5 seconds.
Connect the controller to the PS4 using a USB cable and press the PS button.
If the light bar turns blue, the controller has paired.
If the controller is unresponsive or is able to connect to a different USB port or another system, please visit the Fix & Replace diagnostic tool to check if your hardware is eligible for an under-warranty repair.
Recommended Reading: How To Refund Playstation Plus
How Do You Connect A Ps4 Controller
The first video game controller came with the first commercial game console for the home, the Magnavox Odyssey 100. It had one dial for horizontal movement and one for vertical.
Controllers have become far more complex since then. So complex that even setting them up can be difficult. We imagine thats why our techs are often answering the simple question: how do you connect a PS4 controller?
How you connect a PS4 controller will depend on whether youre connecting a wired or wireless controller as well as how many controllers are already connected. Follow the instructions below accordingly to get these important PS4 accessories set up and ready to go.
How To Sync A Ps4 Controller To A Ps3
Follow the step-by-step guide for syncing your PS4 controller with PS3.
- First Pug in the PS4 controller using the USB cable.
- Now Go to Accessory Settings.
- And then Manage Bluetooth Devices.
- Now Scan for Available Bluetooth Devices.
- Now Unplug the PS4.
- And press the Share and PS buttons at the same time.
- Once you are able to find the device, plug in the PS4 back.
- Now select the Wireless Control.
Congratulations! You are all set to use the PS4 controller on your PS3. Happy gaming!
There is something that you should know that after syncing the PS4 controller with your PS3, it will work as a bit of a generic controller.
So, you will not be able to use all the features of your PS4. Some features like Sixaxis Motion and rumble will not work.
So as now you know how to sync PS4 controller in both ways, with wire, and without wire. Plus, you also get a bonus as I have shared how to sync PS4 controller with PS3. Make sure you are following the guide properly for hassle-free gaming enjoyment.
Read Also: How To Use Wireshark To Get Ip Ps4
How To Connect Ps4 Controller
Got your new PS4 controller? Thats wonderful! It makes you the envy of others now. Now are you wondering how to connect your PS4 controller to the console? Dont worry. Its exactly easy to connect.
Lets start.Note: If you just want to sync your PS4 controller, go to this guide then: How to Sync PS4 Controller
Connect Your New Ps4 Controller To Ps4 With Usb Cable
If youre using a wired PS4 controller, follow these:
1) Press the power button on your PS4 console to turn it on.
2) Plug the other end of your PS4 controller wire into the USB port of your console.
3) Press the PS button of your controller and hold it down for around 3 seconds.
4) Your wired PS4 controller should then be connected to the console.
If youre using wireless PS4 controllers, follow these:
1) Press the power button on your PS4 console to turn it on.
2) Connect the micro connector of your USB cable to your PS4 controller. You can find the mini USB port on the back of your controller.
3) Plug the other end of your USB cable into the console.
4) Press the PS button of your controller and hold it down for around 3 seconds.
5) Your wired PS4 controller should then be connected to the console. You can unplug the USB cable and enjoy your games wirelessly now.
6) If you want to add a second or more wireless controllers, just use the same USB cable follow these same steps, and set it to be the New User on your dashboard.
Also Check: How To Dunk On 2k20 Ps4
Connect Your New Ps4 Controller To Ps4 With Micro
If you are using a wired PS4 controller, follow these steps:
Step 1: Start the power button on your PS4 console to turn it on.
Step 2: Plug the other point of your PS4 controller wire into the USB port of your console.
Step 3: Start the PS button of your controller and press it down for around 3 seconds.
Step 4: Your wired PS4 controller should be connected to the console.
Why Is My Ps4 Controller Not Working
Sometimes this problem happens due to the hardware issues, such as your PS4 cable loses, or there is something wrong with the PS4 controller. If there is something wrong with the cables or the controller, your PS4 would simply fail to charge or connect, and thats why the problem occurs with the hardware faulty issues.
Read Also: How To Get Clips From Ps4 To Iphone
Using The Wireless Controller
Press the PS button on the controller, and then select a user.
- The first time you use a controller, you’ll need to pair it with your PS4 system.
- Up to four controllers can be used at the same time. When you press the PS button, the light bar will glow in a uniquely assigned color. The color that is assigned depends on the order in which each user presses the PS button. The first controller to connect is blue, the second is red, the third is green, and the fourth is pink.
How To Connect A Ps4 Controller To Your Ps4 And Charge Or Add Controllers
- You can connect a controller to your PS4 console using a USB cable.
- You can also use the USB cable to charge your controller.
- You’ll have to use the first connected controller to connect additional controllers to your PS4.
If you’re new to the PlayStation 4 console, you may be feeling a bit behind on the basics. For example, you might not know how to connect and use the wireless controllers. While the controllers can be used wirelessly – assuming they’re charged – you’ll need to use the micro-USB cable that’s included with them to start using a controller.
And although you can connect up to four controllers to your PS4 at one time, the process is different for the first controller than it is for the subsequent ones.
Here’s what you need to know to connect and charge your PS4 controllers.
You May Like: How To Emote In Gta 5 Ps4
How To Sync Ps4 Controller To Pc Via Usb Cable
To pair the PS4 controller to PC, you need a Micro-USB cable. If youve lost the original one that comes with the PlayStation, you can use the cable from any modern smartphone.
- Step 1: Connect the USB cable to your PC and the Micro-B end to the Controller.
- Step 2: Power up the controller by pressing the PS button.
- Step 3: Wait till the OS detects your controller.Youre now ready to play games on your PC with a Dual Shock 4 wireless controller!
How to Unpair a PS4 Controller?
Make sure the DS4 controller you want to disconnect is powered off, then proceed to the following steps:
- Step 1: Power up the PS4 using another controller.
- Step 2: Navigate to Settings from the main menu and open Bluetooth Devices from the Devices tab.
- Step 3: Select the controller you want to unpair and click Delete.
Do PS4 Controllers Work on PS2, PS3 & PS5?
You can pair PS4 controller to your PS3, but the easier way is to connect it via a USB cable. However, you cannot connect your PS4 Dual Shock controller to PS2 wirelessly.Also, Sony reveals that you cannot Pair PS4 controller with PS5 as it is the same with older models. The older controllers of PlayStation are not compatible with newer console releases.
How Much Is a PlayStation 4 Controller For?
Connecting Additional Ps4 Controllers Wirelessly
Once you have at least one controller connected to the PS4, you can add more wirelessly:
Read Also: Is Rainbow Six Siege Crossplay Pc Ps4
How To Connect Ps4 Controller To Ps5
ByAlan Martin 07 May 2021
Here’s how to connect your PS4 controller to a PS5 so you can use it with your new console
There are several reasons why you might want to know how to connect a PS4 controller to PS5. For starters, you might have been put off buying a second PS5 DualSense pad by the price or reliability scares. And you also might want one if you plan to play certain PSVR games on the PS5.
The good news is that you can use a PS4 controller with a PS5, and in this tutorial well show you how to connect and disconnect your spare DualShock 4 pad.
Before we begin though, you should know of the one big limitation: you cant use a PS4 pad to play PS5 games. This is especially infuriating as Sony lets you do just that when streaming your PS5 games to another device, but there we are.
- PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which console wins?
So why would you want to use a PS4 pad with your PS5? Backwards compatibility. While the DualSense pad will work with all PS4 games , connecting a second DualShock 4 pad will allow you to play local multiplayer PS4 games on your PS5 without buying additional hardware. In my house, this has proved invaluable for splitscreen Rocket League, and cooperative exploration in Spelunky 2.
So without further ado, heres how to connect a PS4 controller to PS5.
Replace Your Controller And Other Ps4 Accessories
So, how do you connect a PS4 controller? Regardless of whether its wired or wireless, you follow the same steps using the USB 2.0 Micro-B cable to get started. If youre running wireless controllers, that cable can be unplugged once the controller is synced and you can connect more wireless controllers without it.
If youve tried all of the above and you cant seem to connect your controller, we can help. We carry a huge stock of controllers and other PS4 accessories for you to make replacements when necessary. Check out that stock here.
Read Also: How Many Bookshelves For Max Enchantment Ps4
Use Ps4 Controller As Xinput/xbox Controller
Its less of a problem than it used to be, but there are still many games out there that support Xbox controllers but not PS4 controllers . To maximize the compatibility of your PS4 controller, register it as an Xinput controller, which will essentially make Windows read it as an Xbox controller.
The best tool for this is DS4Windows, an open-source app that lets you reprogram your PS4 controller as an Xinput controller.
Once your PS4 controller is connected via Bluetooth or USB, open DS4Windows, and it will automatically turn your PS4 controller into an Xinput controller.
There are fun things to play around with in DS4Windows, like using the PS4 trackpad as a mouse on your PC, changing the controller light colors, getting it to flash when you have low battery and so on. Have a play-around with it. Its a great tool!
How To Connect Ps4 Controller To Ps4
Although the PS4 has formed a reliable reputation but, issues can appear since your console remains to age into last-gen status. In fact, new difficulties are being found every day.
PS4 or PS4 Pro buyers, connecting your PS4 DualShock controllers should not be a problem, but we are here to remove any ambiguity. We will run down all the frequent PS4 controller problems, so you can focus on deciding what games to play.
This article will explain how to connect ps4 controller to ps4, identified as the DualShock 4, to the console wirelessly through Bluetooth.
Note: You can only connect controllers explicitly made for the PS4 you cannot connect a PS3 or PS2 controller with a PS4 console. You can, however, use a PS4 controller with the PS3.
Before you begin, you will require certain things:
- A PlayStation 4 Slim/Pro/Standard
- The controller you want to connect
- The included USB cable .
How To Pair Two Or More Dual Shock4 Controllers To Ps4
The real fun of PS4 begins with multiplayer gaming. And to accommodate all your friends within the screen, you can connect as many as four Dual Shock 4 controllers. Pairing any other controller than your first is going to be an even more straightforward task.
Finished connected your DualShock4 controller to PS4? Then have a quick glance at how to connect PS4 to Wifi and experience the live world of gaming with friends!
You dont require a USB cable to connect PS4 controller if you already have a synced controller. Instead, you can connect them all wirelessly. Here is how to connect PS4 controller wirelessly for an additional profile:
- Step 1: Toggle up with your synced controller in the main menu of your PS4.
- Step 2: Select Settings at the far right of the row and enter.
- Step 3: Navigate to Devices from the settings menu.
- Step 4: Select Bluetooth Devices from the screen to see the list of devices paired with your console.
- Step 5: Turn on the controller you want to sync with PS4. Press and hold the PS + Share buttons on your controller for 3-5 seconds.
- Step 6: After seeing your new controller appear in the Bluetooth Devices tab, select it with your synced controller and choose to pair.
Once youve successfully paired a controller with your PS4, youll notice the color on your controller change. PS4 allots four different colors to connected players and profiles. Player 1=Blue, Player 2= Red, Player 3= Green, and Player 4=Pink.