What Kind Of Content Is Twitch Suitable For
First and foremost, Twitch is considered the first choice for PC video game fans, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo console fans. As a result, most of the monthly broadcast transmissions are streams for these formats. There are no genre restrictions on Twitch, which means you have freedom of choice as both a viewer and a streamer. Of course, streaming a game that is already popular is a good idea if you want to get as many users as possible interested in, and viewing your content.
A large proportion of Twitchs regular traffic are streaming channels that are otherwise characterized by direct references to video games. For example, many game developers operate their own channels, as well as magazine publishers that deal with gaming topics, gaming hardware, etc. Twitch streams e-sport events including interviews, panel discussions, etc. Gaming conventions are also becoming increasingly popular to stream.
In order to protect your privacy, the video will not load until you click on it.
Although Twitchs focus is on gaming, the platform is becoming more popular among users with other interests too. Content categories like IRL , creative, fitness, or music provide space for topics beyond the computer world whether politics, cooking, health, crafts, fashion, or music. A more detailed overview of the development and importance of streaming on Twitch is available in our basic article on What is Twitch?.
How To Stream On Twitch With A Ps4
If you want to showcase Twitch PS4 games in your stream, you do not need separate broadcasting software, just the Twitch app. These can be found in the PlayStation Store. Simply use the search function and enter Twitch in the search bar, and then download it. Once you have installed the application, there are just a few steps left to go through to get your console hooked up to the streaming platform:
To stop the stream, just press the Share button again and select Stop Transmission.
How To Stream On Twitch From Ps4
There are various devices and consoles available that can be used for streaming on twitch. It can help the players to have some different experiences as compared to regular streaming. Most of the twitch users may live-streaming their gameplay and sometimes Ustream their services of videos. Users usually share their gameplay by pressing on the share button available in-game and select the broadcast gameplay. People can link their PS4 with the twitch account or Ustream their accounts and share the video instantly.
Twitch users can also opt for the PlayStation Eye along with the Ustream feature. It will help you to get an option whether to enable the feature or disable it. There are various options available in the menu bar which provides to activate or mute the mic on PS4. It helps the users to make any commentary, mute the game in between, send links automatically on Facebook or twitter, make comments visible, etc. You should know about how to stream on twitch from PS4.
Streaming via PS4 can help you have a new experience of the twitch live games, and you can enhance your further knowledge about streaming via various consoles.
Read Also: Refund Ps Now
Stream A Game On Your Ps4
1. Start the game you want to stream.
2. Press the Share button on your controller. Don’t hold the button down just tap it once.
3. Select “Broadcast Gameplay.”
4. On the Broadcast Gameplay page, choose the streaming service you want to stream to either Twitch or YouTube.
5. Before you can start streaming, choose your video options. You can give the stream a title, for example, as well as choose your video quality. You can also scroll down to invite friends to the stream. If you have a PlayStation Camera installed, you can also include live video of yourself in the stream.
6. Select “Start Broadcasting.”
You’re now streaming video to the service you selected.
Tips To Optimize Your Twitch Streams
There are a lot of factors that go into making your Twitch streaming setup the best it can be.
Here are a few tips on how to optimize your broadcasts:
- Get Familiar with Your SoftwareThe more familiar you are with the software encoders, game consoles, and controllers you use when streaming, the easier it will be to adjust settings on the fly or fix problems as they happen.
- Keep Your Hardware OrganizedWires, cords, and cards can quickly get out of hand. Try bundling them together or taping them down so they dont get tangled or messy. We also recommend having everything configurable within reach of where youre sitting while streaming. That way, if you need to do something quickly, such as adjust your volume or hit a button on your stream deck, you can do so without leaving the camera frame.
- Double Check Audio & Video Before You Go LiveIn the interest of time, many people make the mistake of starting their stream without checking to see if their audio or video works. As a result, they can end up playing for hours before noticing a blank screen or a dead mic. By testing beforehand, you can avoid that situation and save yourself a headache.
Congratulations! You now know how to stream on Twitch.
Also Check: How To Sign In Playstation Network
Can I Watch Twitch On Ps5
If youve got a PlayStation 5 console, you can be live on Twitch in just a few simple steps*. Create a Twitch account from a mobile device or computer. We recommend downloading Twitch on your iOS or Android phone to adjust your stream settings on the fly, which is easy to do with your Stream Manager in the Twitch app.
How To Start Streaming And Adjust The Settings
Itâs essential that before you start streaming, all your settings are optimized for your internet connection and home set-up. But donât worry, youâll only need to adjust these settings once, because theyâll then save automatically to your PS4. Hereâs how:
I hope this information helps and encourages you to start streaming on Twitch. For casual gamers, itâs a fantastic way to connect with communities of like-minded individuals. For those looking to make a career as a streamer, itâs good to know that in 2017 223% more streamers were earning their cash through Twitch!
Recommended Reading: Number Of Bookshelves For Max Enchantment
Capture Devices Or Cards
These are peripheral devices or installable parts for your computer that allow you to record gameplay from consoles that dont have built-in support for doing so.
Capture cards, like the AVerMedia Live Gamer HD and Roxio Game Capture HD Pro, are somewhat tricky to set up. You have to take your computer apart, install them, and then put your computer back together again. However, theyre usually better because they dont require an extra power source. They also often dont take up as much of your computers processing power, letting you do more stuff on your computer at once.
Peripheral capture devices, like the Hauppauge HD PVR Gaming Edition, are easier to set up. You usually just need to connect them to your computer, console, and/or TV and perhaps install some interface software. However, they may slow down your computer or need a separate power source.
Well, now that you know what hardware and software you need, lets start explaining how to set up your Twitch stream! The process is a bit different depending on what platform youre playing your games on, so skip to the section most relevant to you.
What You’ll Need To Stream On The Playstation 4 To Twitch
If youâre a PS4 gamer and want to become a live streaming on Twitch, you donât need much to get started. If youâre a PS4 gamer youâll already have the necessities at home, because most basic streams on Twitch stream directly from a PS4 console. So, here are the essentials youâll need to start live streaming:
1. A PS4 console for processing the video and stream. PS4 Pros, PS4 Slims and the OG PS4s are all fine.
2. A television or monitor set-up for watching or editing the streams.
3. At least one PS4 controller.
4. Twitchâs official PS4 app, which is available for free.
Read Also: Steam Controller On Dolphin
Can Child Accounts Play Online Ps4
You can choose whether you want to let your child play online, download user-generated content or let other people use their PSN accounts on your PS4, among other things. 4. Set access restrictions. Once this process is complete, return to the Parental Controls menu, and select Restrict Use of PS4 Features.
How To Stream Ps4 Gameplay With Twitch
The primary platform gamers stream to is Twitch, and its no surprise that many streamers have developed a plethora of ways to stream. However, you dont need an elaborate setup to stream to this popular platform. Theres a way to stream to Twitch without the use of capture cards or extra HDMI cables. Before you start, youll need the following:
- PS4 Remote Play
- OBS or similar software
When you have the right resources on hand, all you need is to set everything up. Dont worry the process doesnt take very long. Heres what you need to do:
You May Like: Ps4 Graphical Power
How To Stream Ps4 Gameplay To Pc With Discord
If youre a frequent user of Discord, particularly for playing video games, then you may have encountered users streaming themselves playing games in a voice chat channel. This is a feature Discord introduced a few years ago and tends to create a more casual and intimate environment.
Its easy to stream anything to Discord as long as you have the necessary equipment. There are a few different ways you can stream to Discord. Lets take a look at one of them.
Heres what youll need:
- Twitch account
What You’ll Need To Stream On Playstation 4
For a basic Twitch stream from a PlayStation 4 console, you won’t need much beyond these necessities.
- A PlayStation 4 for playing your video games and for processing the video capture and streaming. Either a PlayStation 4 Pro or a regular PlayStation 4 console is fine.
- One television set for viewing your gameplay and stream footage.
- At least one PlayStation controller for playing your chosen video game.
- The official PlayStation 4 Twitch app.
Streamers wishing to incorporate footage of themselves or a voice narration during their streams will need to purchase these optional accessories.
- A PlayStation Camera This first-party accessory contains both a camera and a built-in microphone. In addition to enhancing PlayStation VR gaming and enabling voice commands on the console, the PlayStation Camera is also necessary for capturing video footage of the player for Twitch streams and recording their voice.
- An extra mic While the PlayStation Camera can record spoken dialog from the player, it can also pick up echoes and background noise which can lower the quality of the stream. An alternative for voice recording is a separate headset or some earphones with a built-in mic. The basic free earphones that come with modern smartphones usually do the trick and can be plugged directly into the PlayStation controller.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Ps4 Backup Codes
Setting Up Your Twitch Channel
Once you have completed the registration progress, you can log in with your newly-created Twitch account and start designing your personal video channel. To do this, open the settings in the user menu by clicking on the triangle symbol in the navigation bar. This will take you to your profile menu, where you can set the display name and the profile picture for your Twitch channel, and submit up to 300 characters of personal biography or channel information.
To configure your Twitch channel, go to the channel and videos tab. There you can change basic settings in these four areas:
Set Up Your Twitch Broadcast Options
You will automatically be taken to your broadcast options section on the Twitch app.
From there, you can adjust various settings for your broadcast, such as:
Whether or not video of you from your PlayStation Camera will appear on your broadcast and, if it does, where it will appear on the screen
Whether or not audio from your microphone can be heard on your broadcast and, if it can, how loud it is relative to the game youre playing
Whether or not spectator chat appears alongside your gameplay feed
You May Like: Dolphin Emulator Controller Setup
How To Stream On Twitch Using Pc
This section looks at how to stream on PC using broadcasting software. Twitch recommends doing extensive research to find a broadcasting application that fits all your streaming requirements.
Screen Recorder 4 is available in PowerDirector 365 for Windows, and it is among the most effective options for all types of streaming content. If you are new to Twitch streaming, try this software to start streaming engaging content today.
Set Up Your Streaming Rig
As a beginner, you will do well by sticking to text-chat-only streams or just stream whatever is on your screen. You wont need to bother about connecting your webcam or microphone.
But as you get comfortable with the platform, youll feel a need to widen the variety of content that you offer. At that time, make sure that your computer, gaming console, microphone, and webcam are in place. Its always a good practice to do a test run before actually going live.
Read Also: How To Set Playstation As Primary
Three Streaming The Gameplay To Any Platform
These steps should also work with other capture cards, although other capture cards may not require you to download and install any accompanying software. It depends on the card.
As long as a capture card connects the PS4, screen, and PC, then streaming PS4 gameplay is possible. HDCP can prevent you from recording protected content, like movies and shows from Netflix and Hulu. Consequently, you may not stream some sections because HDCP is enabled with this method.
Also, the Elgato capture card works best if your PC exceeds its minimum specifications, which is why a powerful gaming PC should be your first choice for streaming. Gaming laptops are another option if you want to bring your setup with you.
Your gaming PC or gaming laptop should have the best hardware possible. Weaker and slower hardware can affect the performance and cause stuttering and lag.
Stream To Twitch With The Ps4 Broadcast Feature
Read Also: How To Pull Up Mod Menu Gta 5 Pc
How To Use Obs
4. Set Service to Twitch and click on Connect Account for the quickest setup.
5. Log in to Twitch with your username and password. You’re all set!
6. If you don’t want to connect your account directly, you can link Twitch to OBS via a stream key. To do this, return to your Twitch dashboard and select Stream Key. Follow the prompts to receive your special streaming code.
7. Copy and paste that code into the Stream Key boxin the Broadcast Settings menu. Select OK.
Setting the scene and going live
1. On the main OBS interface,right-click the Sources box and select Add, then Game Capture.
2. Select your game of choice from the drop-down menu and click OK.
3. Right-click the Sources box again to add any additional feeds.You can add images and text to customize your layout, use Monitor Capture to show anything on your display or select Video Capture to use your webcam.
4. Select Preview Stream and Edit Scene to tweak your stream layout to your liking. For example, you might want to feature your gameplay stream prominently, with a small box in the corner that shows your webcam feed.
5. Select Start Streaming on the OBS dashboard. You’re now live!
How To Livestream From Your Ps4 To Twitch
This article was co-authored by Darlene Antonelli, MA. Darlene Antonelli is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. Darlene has experience teaching college courses, writing technology-related articles, and working hands-on in the technology field. She earned an MA in Writing from Rowan University in 2012 and wrote her thesis on online communities and the personalities curated in such communities. This article has been viewed 4,476 times.
Do you want to stream a game you’re playing with your audience? This wikiHow will teach you how to Live Stream your PS4 on Twitch. First, you’ll need a Twitch account, then set up Two-Factor Authentication, and finally broadcast your gameplay.
Read Also: When Did The First Ps4 Come Out