How To Pair Your Playstation 4 Controller With A Wired Connection
Connecting the DS4 to your PC with a USB-A to Micro-USB cable is by far the easiest way to start gaming with the PS4’s pointer. Just plug it into your PC and let the drivers install themselves.
Hitting the PS button in the middle of the controller at this point won’t do anything unless you have Steam installed and running. If so, you’ll notice that Big Picture mode launches when you hit the button. At this point, you can make some tweaks inside Steam.
How To Use Ps4 Controller On Pc 3 Simple Steps Driver Easy
May 13, 2021 Method 1: Connect your PS4 Controller via USB. The simplest way to connect your controller to your Windows computer is to use a micro-USB cable.
Jan 6, 2021 Theyll be no easy way to connect your PS4 controller to Fortnite Mobile, but there will be a way once the bluetooth feature has been enabled.
Dont worry: you can connect your PS4s DualShock 4 controller to your PC and play GTA V by doing the following: Download the DS4Windows. OFF-72% fortnite;
Dec 27, 2020 It offers PC games to purchase as well as a launcher to play those Reboot your computer > Connect your PS4 controller to the PC via a;
Best Gaming Controllers for PS4, Xbox One and PC 2018 On the other hand, you can also connect it to Windows 10 OS via USB. The Xbox wireless adapter is Fortnite;
Click Settings. Sonys DualShock 4 controller is actually a standard gamepad, and you can connect it to any PC with a USB cable, standard Bluetooth, or Sonys;
May 14, 2021 An in-depth guide on how to connect a PS4 controller to PC via USB and over Bluetooth.
Jun 30, 2020 I used a ps4 controller on pc fortnite with no mouse and keyboard. How to connect ps4 controller pc wireless. If you need help comment down;
Results 1 16 of 1000+ PS4 ControllerUpgraded Version ORDA Wireless Gamepad for Playstation 4/Pro/Slim/PC with Motion Motors and Audio Function,;
Play Steam Games With A Ps4 Controller
Since Steam added native DualShock 4 support, this method is another nice and easy solution for playing the contents of your Steam library with your PS4 controller without a whole lot of faff. Boot up Steam, make sure its up to date, plug your PS4 controller into your PC and youre away. Youll be able to use the controller in Big Picture Mode, and games in your library will display DualShock 4 inputs.;
If you have any issues with specific titles using this solution, you should try out method number three which should resolve any problems.
You May Like: Will Roblox Come To Ps4
How Do I Connect A Ps4 Controller To Fort Nite On My Pc Reddit
Oct 3, 2017 By plugging your PS4 controller in your PC. PS4 is not plug and play with Windows. Fortnite added my concept to the game!ps4 controller not working on PC fortnite: FortNiteBR RedditNov 4, 2020Connecting PS4 Controller to PC for Fortnite RedditJun 4, 2020Noob Question about PS4 Controller: FORTnITE RedditJul 29, 2017PS4 controller suddenly feels weird and delayed on pc fortniteAug 24, 2020More results from www.reddit.com
18 steps1.Open steam and log in using your Steam credentials.2.Check that Steam is updated by heading over to Steam > Check for Steam Client Updates. By default, Steam should automatically update to the latest version 3.Click on the square icon beside your Steam username as shown in the image below to enter Big Picture mode:
How do I connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC fortnite? How do I play fortnite on PC with ps4 friends? Fortnite PS4 cross-platform play.
Jun 4, 2020 PS4 controller. Take the microUSB / USB cable and connect it to one of the USB ports on your;
3. Recently my PS4 controller is not working with Fortnite. It will connect to the computer using bluetooth like normal, but it does not register within;
Pair Your Controller To Your Pc Over Bluetooth
Search your computer for Bluetooth and other device settings.
If you see an on/off slider like this, that means your computer has Bluetooth built-in. If you dont, youll need to purchase a compatible PS4 USB bluetooth dongle.
Press and hold the the PS and SHARE button on your DS4 for 3 seconds until the white LED blinks rapidly. This puts your controller into pairing mode.
Click Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth. A wireless controller should pop up. Click that to pair. Once successfully paired, it should show up in your Mouse, Keyboard, & pen section.
Tip:If Wireless controller doesnt pop up, purchase the USB dongle adapter instead. I wasnt able to get mine to pair with the built-in bluetooth, but it paired in seconds with the adapter.
You May Like: How To Play Roblox On Ps4
Ps4/ps5 Remote Play Wireless Controller Tutorial
READING TIME: 11 MINUTES
Want to wirelessly use your DS4 controller Windows 10 computer using Remote Play? If so, then this step by step guide is perfect for you. Setting this up means you wont need to connect the controller to your computer with a USB cable! Instead, you will connect it directly to your PC using bluetooth.
There are actually two different ways to use a DS4 controller with PS Remote Play. Ill quickly outline each option below. I have personally setup and used both options and can confirm both methods still work as of December 2020.
How To Wireless Connect A Ps4 Controller To Steam
If you hold down the PS and buttons simultaneously on your controller, your PC might automatically detect it via Bluetooth. If it doesn’t, you might need a PS4 DualShock 4 wireless dongle to play wirelessly. Official ones can be purchased from Sony, or you can find one made by another manufacturer.
To wirelessly pair the PS4 controller with Steam:
Plug the PS4 Bluetooth dongle into your computer’s USB port.
Simultaneously hold the PS and buttons on the controller until the light on top starts flashing.
When the controller appears in the device list, press the X button on the controller to activate it.
Press the button on the end of the dongle. It should also start flashing.
Don’t Miss: Ufc Fight Pass App Ps4
Install An Xbox 360 Controller Driver
NOTE: This step is only for users on Windows 7 or below. If you are using Windows 10, please skip this step and go directly to Step 3.
You are not able to use your PS4 controller on PC if you just physically connect it to your computer. Games on Windows cannot recognize your PS4 controller directly. You need a third-party application to emulate an Xbox 360 controller with your PS4 controller. In order for these applications to work fine, you should install an Xbox 360 controller software on your computer.
If you havent installed the software on your computer , you should go to Microsoft to download the software:
1);Go to the;Xbox 360 controller for Windows page.
2);Click . Then select your operating system and language. After that, click the file that appears below to download it.
3);Open the file you have just downloaded and install it on your computer.
4);Restart your computer. Then go to Step 3.
If you have used an Xbox 360 controller or installed its driver on your computer previously, you may still need to update the driver as it may be out of date. You can still do this automatically with;Driver Easy:
1);Run Driver Easy and hit the;Scan Now button.
2);Click the Update button next to the controller to download the latest and correct driver for it.;
3)Restart your computer.
The latest driver is installed. Now you can take the next step.
History Of The Ps4 Controller
The main PS4 controller is the DualShock 4 that has a mostly identical design to its predecessors but it includes a few new features and a refined appearance. DualShock controllers have vibrational feedback that Sony designed specifically for PlayStation gaming consoles. The DualShock controller dropped in North America exactly two decades ago as an add-on rather than a primary controller. This add-on quickly gained primary status when Sony stopped manufacturing the Dual Analog Controller that was originally included with the PlayStation console.
You May Like: Is There Crossplay For Rainbow Six Siege
How To Set Up A Ps4 Controller On A Pc
Even if it is a Bluetooth model, it is necessary to physically connect the controller to the PC with a USB cable. Then you can adjust each parameter.
- Connect the controller to one of the PCs USB ports. Windows will identify it and immediately download the appropriate driver.
- Once the driver is in place, go to the Windows Control Panel. To do this, simply type Control Panel in the search field next to the Start button and then click on the first occurrence of Control Panel.
- In the window that appears, click on Hardware and Audio and then Devices and Printers.
- Your controller will appear in the Devices section.
- Right-click on its icon and choose Game Controller Settings.
- The Game Controllers window opens. Select your device and click Properties.
- In the window that appears, under the Test tab, there are two sections. The first section is for the axes and the second for the buttons on the controller.
- Test the left and right joysticks to make sure they work in all directions.
- Also, press each button one at a time. If they are operational, their number will light up in red. Note that the L2 and R2 buttons on the front of the controller correspond to the X and Y rotation axes.
- If everything works well, close the window by clicking on OK.
Connect Ps4 Controller To Pc In 3 Simple Steps
Have you ever wanted to connect your PS4 controller to your Windows computer?
Maybe you think since the controller is specifically designed for PlayStation 4, it wont work with your PC.
Truth to be told: It will. And you can count on us to show how to connect it with a Windows computer.
Whats more, the whole process is quite easy. Just follow these three simple steps and youll be able to enjoy your favorite Windows games with PS4.
Recommended Reading: Alley Oop Nba 2k20 Ps4
Connect Ps4 Controller Through Bluetooth Or Usb
The first thing you need to do if you want to use PS4 Controller with Windows is to connect it to the PC physically. You can do this by either of the following ways:
First Method Connect PS4 Controller through USB
The easiest way to establish a physical connection between your computer and PS4 is by using a micro-USB cable. The best part of using this method is that once you connect PS4 to the PC, you dont need to do any further configuration.
You can use the regular micro-USB cable for this purpose. Next, follow these steps:
- Plug in the smaller end of the USB cable into the port on your PS4. The port is present on the front side
- Next, plug in the bigger end of the cable in a USB port on your Windows computer
- Go to the next step
Second Method Establish a connection via Bluetooth
If you dont like or want to use a micro-USB cable, connect the PS4 controller to your PC using Bluetooth.
In case your Windows computer has Bluetooth capabilities, you can directly pair it with the PS4 controller. In case it doesnt have the Bluetooth feature, you will have to use an external Bluetooth adapter.
To ensure the Bluetooth adapter driver runs without any problem, you should have the latest Bluetooth driver on your Windows computer. If you dont know how to manually update device drivers, use DriverDownloader.
Download DriverDownloader by clicking the link below.
Once your Bluetooth adapter is ready, connect the two devices together. Here are the steps to follow:
For Windows 10
Connect Via Ds4 Windows Utility
If you want to use the wired controller with a non-Steam game, this is another option.
1. In a web browser on your PC,; go to DS4Windows.com. Click “Download Now.”
2. You’ll be redirected to Github. Find and click the DS4Windows.zip file, and then download it onto your computer.
3. Find the downloaded .zip file on your computer and open it, and then double-click “DS4Updater” and click “Extract All.”;
4. Pick a location for the files to be extracted to it should be a location that you can find easily.
5. Once extracted, open the location you picked and double-click “DS4Windows.” If you’re asked to confirm that you want to run the program, click “Run.”
6. You’ll be asked where you want to save the program’s files. If you don’t care where they go, pick “Appdata” if you want to be able to move them around, pick “Program Folder” and select a location.
7. Once you’ve picked a spot to save the files, click “Step 1: Install the DS4 Driver” and let the program install its files. If you’re asked whether you’d like to install the software, click “Install.”
You can now use the PS4 controller on your PC with a micro-USB cable, although you may need to restart your computer first.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Another Playstation Network Account
How To Connect A Ps4 Controller To Your Pc Using Bluetooth
1. Click the Start button in Windows and click the Settings icon, which looks like a gear. You can find it directly above the Power button, used to shut down the PC.
2. In the Windows Settings search box, type “Bluetooth.” In the dropdown of suggested search results, click “Bluetooth and other device settings.”
3. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on. The button should be switched to the right.;
4. Make sure your PS4 is turned off or in rest mode, so the controller isn’t actively connected to it. Press and hold the PS and Share buttons on the controller for at least three seconds, until you see the light at the top of the controller start flashing.;
5. Click “Add Bluetooth or other device.”;
6. On the Add a device page, click “Bluetooth.”
7. Click “Wireless Controller” in the list of available devices. You might be asked to enter a code if so, just enter “0000.”
Your controller should connect automatically.;
Option : Wireless Remote Play On Pc
Ive been using option 1 for the last year or so. It honestly works pretty well.
Heres my setup. I have my PS4 is in my game room but my PC is in another room of the house. Im just outside the recommended Bluetooth range, so occasionally my Bluetooth connection would freeze or drop completely. Its usually not a huge deal whenever my kids play games like Minecraft, but when it came to FPS gamesthe experience was subpar and often frustrating. So, thats when I started researching other options.
I came across this tutorial to wirelessly link DUALSHOCK 4 to PC for remote play and can confirm that it works great. That guide was useful, but not complete. I couldnt find any up-to-date step by step tutorials, so I decided to write one myself after getting this all setup and working.
- If your PC doesnt have built-in bluetooth, the ASUS USBBT500 dongle works great!
You May Like: How To Use A Ps4 Controller On Project 64
Connect To Pc Via Bluetooth
With Windows 10, your PC now has the ability to connect to peripherals via Bluetooth if your PC has a built-in Bluetooth card. It’s a simple process and can be completed in a couple of minutes without any additional software.
To pair the devices, simply do the following:
- Power on the controller.
- Hold the PS button along with the Share button. Once the controller light starts flashing, it is in Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Open settings on your PC.
- Go to Add Bluetooth or other device, then click Bluetooth.
- Once in, click wireless controller. Your PS4 controller is now connected.
This is a quick and simple process. However, you may need to finetune the controller to ensure the experience runs as smoothly as possible. If so, then you’re going to need to download DS4Windows.
Does Windows 10 Support Ps4 Dualshock 4 Controller
Windows 10 does not natively support the wireless PS4 controller as Microsoft has its own Xbox controller sets. In order to successfully use your PS4 controller on your PC, especially if you want to take advantage of its wireless capability, youll want to make sure that your Windows 10 drivers are updated and you install a third party device driver such as DS4Windows.
However, if you are content with using a wired setup, or does not want to use a wireless controller via Bluetooth, you simply have to plug in the controller to your PC and youre good to go.;
Don’t Miss: How To Remove Parental Controls On Ps4
How To Connect A Ps4 Controller To A Pc
You can connect the controller;to your computer with the included USB-to-micro-USB cablethe same one you use with your PS4and use it as a wired controller. It will just work without any additional setup.
If you want to connect your controller wirelessly, Sony recommends you purchase the official DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adapter;.
To wirelessly connect your PlayStation 4;controller with a PC without any additional hardware, youll need to put it in Bluetooth pairing mode. Many people report the controllers;Bluetooth connection can be a bit flaky on PC, depending on your Bluetooth chipset and drivers, so you may want to use a wired connection or an official wireless adapter if you experience problems.
Heres how to pair your controller wirelessly over Bluetooth, if you prefer: First, turn off the controller if its already on. If its on and paired with a PlayStation 4, hold down the PlayStation button and then select the Log Out of PS4 or Enter Rest Mode option in the menu that appears on your TV. The controller will turn off.
Next, put the controller into pairing mode. Press the PlayStation button and the Share button on the controller at the same time, and hold them down. The light bar on the controller will start flashing. This indicates the controller is in Bluetooth pairing mode.