Connect Wireless Controller To Ps4 With Bluetooth
To add additional wireless PS4 controllers wirelessly, youll need to go to your PS4 dashboard with a controller that is already synced. Look for the Settings icon, which looks like a briefcase, in the row of icons above the home menu. From Settings, navigate to Devices > Bluetooth Devices.
Take the controller you want to connect and hold down the Share and PS button at the same time for at least 5 seconds. When the controller shows up in the list of Bluetooth Devices, select it. Your PS4 controller is now connected to your console and you can repeat this for any additional wireless controllers you want to connect.
How To Reset Ps4 Controller Soft Reset
In this section, we will show you how to soft reset the PS4 controller. A soft reset generally refers to turning a device or a computer off and then on again, which can flush out memory and correct many issues. In order to perform a PS4 controller reset, you need to reset the connection between the controller and the console. But to do this, you need to prepare a working PS4 controller. If not, you need to navigate to the hard reset part.
Now, we will show you how to soft reset a PS4 controller.
1. Login in your working PS4 controller and navigate to the Settings.
2. Then choose Device from the drop-down menu.
3. Next, select Bluetooth Devices.
4. Then you can see that all your PS4 controllers are listed here. Choose the abnormal one.
5. Then press Options button on your controller, at the front to the touchpad.
6. In the pop-up window, choose Forget device.
7. After that, you have forgotten the malfunctioning PS4 controller. Then you can choose to turn off PS4.
8. Use a USB cable to connect the inactive PS4 controller to your PC.
9. Then turn on it and wait for it to boot up.
10. Then log in it.
Once all steps are finished, you have reset the PS4 controller and some system issues may be resolved.
What Should I Do If My Joy Con Controller Is Not Working
Ensure your console has the latest system update. Ensure the Joy-Con have the latest controller firmware installed. Remove any skins or covers from the problematic Joy-Con, if any, and calibrate the control sticks. Check for any available software updates for that game. Check the electronic manual for that game.
Also Check: How To Clear Cache Ps4
Connect A Ps4 Usb Charging Cable
The first thing to try when your PS4 doesnt exit Safe Mode, whether you reboot or not, is to connect your PS4 controller to the game console using a charging cable. After the controller is securely attached, select the option to exit Safe Mode.
Sometimes, the USB cable fails to make a proper connection to the console, mostly due to inferior parts or wear and tear. The connection can appear successful when in reality, it is not. Try using a different PS4 controller cable to see if Safe Mode can exit successfully.
When Do You Need To Reset The Ps4 Controller
Many PS4 users would ask that when to decide to reset the PS4 controller? Is there any sign/situation that second this decision? The answer is YES.
You need to reset the PS4 controller when one of these signs appear:
- PS4 Controller does actually work but it behaves weirdly and doesnt work as it should .
- In the middle of playing your game or working on your application, the PS4 controller totally or partly stops responding, while the PS4 app/game you have run seems to be fine.
- There is a power issue with the PS4 controller, such as that the battery doesnt fully charge and it lasts less than 4 hours, or it doesnt charge at all.
- One of your two analog sticks start moving things onscreen when they shouldnt. Although the most likely cause of analog stick drift is dust, dirt and grime working its way into your controller, there are possibly some other reasons for this situation that can be fixed with a reset.
These are the situations that will impel you to seriously consider PS4 controller reset.
Now, lets learn here how to reset the PS4 controller and get it back working just like the time when you first used it.
Don’t Miss: How Many Bookshelves For Max Enchantment Ps4
Turn Off And Charge The Controller
A PS4 controller only typically lasts eight hours on a single charge, but sometimes it can run out of juice much faster. Plug in your controller via its Micro-USB cable, and give it time to restore power. You should also make sure it’s fully off when not in use. Don’t know how to turn off a PS4 controller? It’s easy to do:
From the controller:
Soft Reset And Hard Reset Your Dualshock Ps4 Controller
Soft Reset Your DualShock PS4 Controller
Before you begin, take note of these:
Soft reset steps:
- Start by loggin in with your PS4 Controller. Press the PS button to see the main dashboard displayed to you.
- Next, go to Settings from the top-menu and then to Devices.
- Now, on the next screen that displays, choose Bluetooth Devices
- you now will see your PS4 controller listed among the list of Bluetooth devices.
- There will be an option for active and inactive controller . Select inactive controller since you are using a second controller which is the active one.
- Now, using the Options button on your DualShock controller, open a new menu.
- Click on forget device.
- Power off your PS4 Controller on which you are performing the soft reset
- Now, connect the missbehavig PS4 controller via USB and turn it one once again.
- Press the PayStation button and log in. You can now test all the different buttons to see if the problem is fixed.
The problem still persisting? Then give it a hard reset. The steps to follow are as described below.
Hard Reset Your DualShock PS4 Controller
Before you proceed, note that a hard reset is a factory reset. It will reset your device to its default or factory settings completely the way it was when it came.
- Power of the misbehaving PS4 DualShock Controller.
- Now, turn it over and at the back, you should see a small hole around the left shoulder.
Also Check: Xbox One Clear System Cache
Connect Wired Ps4 Controller To Ps4
If you have a wired PS4 controller youre connecting for the first time, follow these steps:
The controller comes with a 2.0 Micro-B cable, but you can use any USB 2.0 Micro-B cable to sync your wired controller.
Connection Problems Between The Console And The Dualshock 4
Sometimes, if the wireless connection between the console and the controller is not functioning properly, some features, such as vibration, may not respond to the game play. You may be able to solve this by turning both the console and the controller off, and then back on. The blue light will indicate that the controller is on. If this doesn’t work, try and reset the controller.
Don’t Miss: Project 64 How To Set Up Controller
Quick Reset Process Of Your Ps4 Controller:
For the reason that you want to perform both soft resets as well as the hard reset of the PS4 controller, you can simply reset the PS4 Controller.
- Soft Reset
- Hard Reset
A soft reset in a PC is applied to turn your PC off and on again. This process removes any corrupted memory and resolves many issues. Similarly, a soft reset in the PS4 controller can reset the connection between the console and the controller.
So to do a soft run, you must have a second PS4 controller. Follow the steps below to run a soft reset on your PS4 controller:
- Log in with another controller and go to the Settings option in the top menu of PS4.
- From the drop-down menu, select Tools
- You will see your PS4 controller in the list. Select idle controller
Note: The active controller is with a green dot, and the passive is without a green dot.
- Now, press the Options button on your controller
- Select forget device
Once we forget the non-working controller, we have to power down the PS4. To do this, hold down the PS4 button on your controller, go to the power option in the menu and select Turn off PS4.
With the power off button, follow the steps below
- Connect your malfunctioning PS4 controller to the PS4 via a USB cable
- Now, turn on the PS4 and wait for it to start
- Press the PlayStation button on the PS4 controller and login to the PS4
Your PlayStation controller will now connect to the console. Check if your controller is still misbehaving.
- Turn off PS4
Now, turn on the PS4
Perform A Deep Cleansing
You can also perform a deep cleansing of your PS4 controller, but I would advise that you just avoid that unless you do not have any experience in handling delicate electrical components.
All you have to do is open up your PS4 controller and then clean it out thoroughly with a cotton swab and take out all the dust accumulated inside.
Note: Just dont disconnect anything except the battery and do not use pressurized air on the internals of the controller.
Don’t Miss: How To Make Another Playstation Network Account
What Do I Do If My Ps4 Controller Wont Connect
PS4 controller wont connect
Changing The Analog Sticks
This method can be used for analog sticks that have gone through a lot of wear and tear and are the only way to get your controller with no software issue to get going. Follow up with the same steps mentioned to disassemble your PS4 controller and simply pull out the analog sticks attached to the board.
Now, you can attach your new pair of sticks to the board and reassemble your controller. It should be perfectly working now without any analog stick drift issue that will cost you your game.
Also Check: Make Ps4 Primary
Can You Play Pubg Mobile With Bluetooth Controller
Mobile players have already found ways to use controllers and keyboards on iOS and Android, making for some unfair matches. This includes using Chromebooks to play the game, finding ways to pair bluetooth devices to their phones, as well as run PUBG Mobile through an emulator.
Reset Your Ps4 Controller
Resetting your PS4 controller is another effective way to bring your PS4 controller back. To do so:
1) Turn off your PlayStation 4.
2) Locate the reset button on the back of your controller near the L2 shoulder button. Then use a small, unfolded paper-clip or something similar to push the button and hold it down for a couple of seconds. Then release the button.
3) Connect your controller to your PS4 console. Then turn your PS4 on.
If this method works for you, your controller will connect to your PS4 console at this time.
Don’t Miss: Apex Legends Data Transfer
Why Is The Light Bar On My Playstation Controller Not Working
The problem is the battery, if you use your controller while it charges, it slowly messes the battery up, after a while it will not hold a charge and it will die as soon as you turn it on after hours of charging. Your best bet is to buy a new controller as replacement batteries cant be bought from Sony, only third party sellers.
Download The Latest Ps4 Update To Usb
In some cases, a boot loop may occur if the update process failed or was incomplete. , and try installing it via USB. If it proves unsuccessful, give the reinstallation file option a try. This file installs the system software that may be corrupt, and then it applies the latest update. If you try the second option, note that it refreshes your PS4 system to factory defaults, and all data gets deleted.
You May Like: How To Take Cover In Gta 5 Ps4
Why Perform A Reset On Your Ps4 Controller
Doing a reset on your DualShock 4 controller is not recommended unless youre experiencing any problem. A DualShock 4 controller does not need maintenance and as long as its working normally, you dont want to mess with it.
However, if your DualShock 4 seems to be having issues maintaining a wireless connection to the PS4, the light bar keeps flashing white or blue, or if its not turning on at all, you should definitely try a reset as one of the troubleshooting steps.
Fix Playstation 4 Controller Connection Issues
190 Follow the steps below to fix the PS4 wont connect issue.
If youre using a PS4, and youve found that you cant connect your PS4 controller to your console, youre not alone. Many PS4 users are reporting this PS4 controller not connecting issue.
This is a very annoying issue. You cant play games on your PS4 without your controller properly connected. And youre probably trying to find a fix to connect your controller to your console.
But dont worry. Its possible to fix this issue. Here are three solutions you can try. You may not have to try them all. Just work your way down at the top of the list until you find the one that works for you.
Also Check: Ps4 Controller Red Light When Charging
Ps: Pair Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller
Turn on your PS4, connect the controller using a micro USB cable, and then press the PS button on the controller.
Once the controller light turns on, you can remove the cable and use the controller wirelessly.
You can use up to 4 controllers at the same time. When you press the PS button, a color is assigned to the user.
Restart Your Ps4 Console Completely
There may be corruption issues on your PS4 console that disconnect your controller. You can try restarting your PS4 console completely to see if this can fix the issue:
1) Press the power button on your PS4 console and hold it until you hear the second beep. Then release the button.
2) Unplug the power cable and the controller that wouldnt connect from the console.
3) Leave your PS4 for 2-3 minutes.
4) Plug the power cable and the controller back to the console.
5) Turn your PS4 on. Check the controller to see if it works fine now.
Also Check: Cancelling Playstation Now
Connect The Controller Via Usb
Try these steps:
1. Turn on the PS4.
2. Ensure the cable is securely inserted in the back of the PS4, and then plug the other end into the controller.
3. Wait 30 to 60 minutes to allow the controller to charge.
4. Press the PS button on the controller. You’ll hear a beep and the controller should pair with the console.
Are You Still Having Issues With The Ps4 Controller Even After Reset Ps4 Process
If you are still facing troubles with your PS4 controller, then you can try to restart the router or modem. Remember, you will lose internet access while doing the process. Moreover, if you are unable to sync the PS4controller, just run through the steps for doing a hard reset with the router or modem turned off.
Also Check: How To Remove Parental Controls On Ps4
Has This Resolved The Issue
If the controller continues to cause problems , there might be a hardware failure. If so, you can check if its on the console or the controller. Its best to try other controllers on your PS4 or test your controller on a friends or colleagues console. If arent sure whether the problem is from the console or the controller, you can always contact Sony support center and explain to them your problem.
How To Factory Reset Ps4 Controller
When you do a soft reset that means you are just turning a computer or the device off and on that deletes most of the memory but can correct many issues. If you are performing steps to reset ps4 then you have to reset the connection between the controller and the console. However, it can only be done if you have a second or spare controller. Remember, if you do not have a spare controller then there is no need to perform the hard reset ps4.
Recommended Reading: How To Dunk On 2k20 Ps4
Fix Ps4 Controller Wont Turn On
Time Needed :10 minutes
There are a number of troubleshooting steps that you can do to fix a PlayStation 4 controller that won’t power on. Follow our solutions below.
Your PlayStation 4 controller may have simply run out of juice. Make sure that you let it charge for at least 30 minutes before attempting to turn it back on. It is also recommended to use the original charging accessories such as the USB cable. Using a non-compatible USB cable as well as adapter can cause further damage.If your PS4 controller wont charge, make sure to troubleshoot this issue first.
Sometimes, a PS4 controller may malfunction due to a minor firmware glitch. To fix an issue like this, you need to reset the controller. To do this, youll have to press the tiny hardware reset button. Youll need to use a bobby pin or toothpick to push the button or press the PS button inside a very tiny hole below the left trigger. If the issue still persists after you press the PS button to execute the reset, move on to the next solution.
If the PlayStation 4 controller still wont turn on at this time, it may be due to a damaged battery. You can watch Youtube videos on how to change the battery with a new one if you are interested.
NOTE: Sometimes, a damaged USB port may lose its ability to allow charging after some time. Theres been many reports about this issue for years now.