What Does The Ps4 Controller Red Light Signal
If your PS4 controller light has turned red, it indicates two things; either your PS4 controller hardware is broken or if the controllers function is fine, then the red light on the PS4 controller could be due to a faulty USB port charger.;Normally, PS4 controllers show different colors like orange, blue, white, etc.; when it gives off the red light, one could comprehend that something is wrong.
How To Interchange The Color Of The Ps4 Controller
As we mentioned above, the different colors indicate the connection of the different players. Then in this article, we will provide you the steps on how to interchange the color of the PS4 controller with the given steps.
- On your Play station4, first, you have to create the four different profiles.
- Then, you have to login into one of the users and then you need to switch to another user by signing out of this profile. So, that you can have the desired color.
- Until you get the desired color, you can keep login into the other users profiles.
More Similar Articles on PS4
Ds4 Controller Lightbar Meanings
Some games like Fallout and Witcher 3 can change the controllers light bar during gameplay. In GTA V, the light indicator shows Blue for Michael De Santa, Green for Franklin Clinton, Yellow for Trevor Philips, and it flashes red and blue when the character is wanted by the Police.;
You May Like: Delete Profile From Ps4
Why Is My Ps4 Controller Flashing White
The PS4 controller flashing white issue is generally caused by two reasons. One is because of the low battery, and that means that you need to charge your PS4 controller to make it back on track. The other reason is that your controller is trying to connect to your PlayStation 4, but failed due to unknown factor.
What All Those Ps4 Power Indicator Lights Mean Gamezon
With the release of the PS4 firmware update 1.7 the possibility of dimming the light of the DualShock 4 gave many the hope to increase the battery life o Check Also: Best FPS Games for PS4. 7. Hardwire Charging Cable to PS4 Controller’s Battery. In some cases, we witnessed that instead of the charging cable, the charging ports were faulty. Maybe, you are facing the same problem. To resolve the PS4 Controller not charging error, try plugging it into a different USB port on the console
Complete Charging Station for PS4â¢ By PowerAâ¢ The Complete Charging Station keeps your DUALSHOCKÂ®4 controllers and headset fully charged and ready to game in one convenient spot. Officially licensed by Sony and designed by PowerAâ¢, the Complete Charging Station features a click-down charging station for two DUALSHOCKÂ®4 controllers and a USB port for your gaming headset To get around this, you need to buy a PS4 controller charging station, the kind that charges through the ports on the bottom of the controller rather than through USB
Read Also: Airfly Ps4
How To Fix Them
Whatever the issue is, following these measures will help sort out the issue. Here they are:
Check Out the Charging USB Cable:
The primary cause of the bug is the charging USB cable. Mostly, a faulty USB cable is responsible for the light issue. Replace the USB cable with a new one. Then, plug it into the PS4. If the controller changed the indicators light to blue or white, your older cable was faulty.
Rest Your PS4 Controller:
The software of the PS4 controller may have a problem. Therefore, resetting your PS4 controller can resolve the bug. Follow the steps below to reset the PS4 controller:
- Search for the reset button near the L2 shoulder button found on the backside.
- Use an ejector pin to press the button inside the hole. Press and hold the button for few seconds.
- It will reset the PS4 controller.
- After it is done, plug one end of the USB charging cable into the PS4 and the other end into the DS4 controller.
- Press the PS button on the DS4 controller to turn it on.
Start Your PS4 in Safe Mode:
You can start your PS4 in Safe Mode if the other methods havent helped you. Follow these steps to start your PS4 in safe mode quickly:
- First, turn your PS4 off.
- Hold the Power button for several seconds till you hear a BEEP sound.
- Use your USB charging cable to connect your DS4 controller.
- Press the PS button via your DS4 controller.
- The controller will connect properly, then press the X button to Restart PS4.
Ps4 Controller Light Colors Change:
- Yellow Light yellow light has been shown when your PS4 is in charging mode.
- Blinking Orange Light indicates the rest mode. In rest mode, the PS4 can download, download the content, and charge the controller. .
- Blue Light indicates the initiation of connectivity. After few seconds, you will see the PlayStation® logo on the screen.
- The White Light represents the correct working of the system when it is on.
- The Red Light shows the system is not working fine and overheating.
While during games, it means:
- Blue for Player One
- Green for Player Three, and
- Pink for Player Four
Run the game GTA V and observe the colors of your PS4 controller. You will see that the light turns Green for Franklin Clinton, Blue for Michail De Santa, and Yellow for Trevor Philips. In a police chase, the light bar flashes Red and Blue.
Don’t Miss: How To Edit Faster In Fortnite Ps4
How To Fix It
Follow these steps to fix the PS4 Controller Yellow light:
- Power off your PS4 using the Power button. Remove the power cord from your PS4 once it is off.
- Plug a USB cable into your PS4, and connect the faulty PS4 controller to it.
- Press these buttons Share and PS together in your controller.
- Your PS4 controller will start blinking.
- Plugin your PS4 without turning it on.
- Now, turn on your PS4 by pressing the power button.
- Plug the controller immediately into the USB cable connected to your PS4.
- Keep pressing the PS button.
It will fix the issue.
Ps4 Controller Color Meaning
So, what do the colors on the PS4 controller mean after all?
We have learned that every user interface represents a different color. These colors are blue, red, yellow and pink.
- BLUE: PLAYER/USER 1
- GREEN: PLAYER/USER 3
- PNIK : PLAYER/ USER 4
In some PlayStation games, the light turning red or blue indicated a particular event occurring in the gameplay.
Additionally, the PS4 controller red light also indicates an overheated device. To prevent that, you should avoid using it against a wall or too close to a surface. You can keep it on a vertical stand to avoid overheating.
You May Like: How To Turn Off Auto Renewal Eso Plus Ps4
Console Indicator Lights Meaning
- The Blinking Orange light;represents the system is entering rest mode; after a few seconds, it turns solid orange. Rest mode means the PS4 can charge controllers, download and install the content.
- The Blue light;represents connectivity initiating, and you should see the PlayStation® logo on screen after a few seconds.;
- The White light indicates the system is on and working correctly.
- The red light;indicates the system is overheating.
How To Test Dualshock 4 Input Signals
Testing the input signals is required to figure out why the PS4 is not recognizing your DS4 controller. As mentioned before, a flawed conductive ribbon film strip can fail to register some or all the button inputs, so we need to check if the PS button is working or not. To test the DualShock 4 controllers input signals, you need to connect it to a Windows computer.;
If most buttons are working and the PS button is not. In that case, you have to replace the conductive ribbon film strip of the DS4 controller, it only costs 2-5 USD, but you will have to open the controller to replace it, if you can do it by watching a youtube tutorial, go ahead else get it replaced by an expert.
Don’t Miss: Psn Backup Codes
Let Ps4 Controller Cool Down A Bit
Sometimes, the only reason of PS4 controller not charging or connecting can occur because it gets too hot due to excessive use. So, you might want to give it some time to cool down. Once its cooled down, try connecting and charging it once again. It might work out for you.
All the methods mentioned earlier to resolve the PS4 controller charging error are common ones and may not work for every user depending on the real reason behind the problem. We suggest you try out all the solutions one by one and it will surely fix the issue of 90% PS4 users.
If your PS4 controller is not charging even though you have tried all the fixes, do let us know in the comments below. We will try to figure out possible fixes in your case.
Let Ps4 Controller Cool Down
If the PS4 controller is heated up due to excessive gaming, then you will face the PS4 controller not charging problem. Charging adds up more heat and most electronic devices are programmed not to function over a set temperature level. If your PS4 controller feels unusually hotter, then you can wrap your controller in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Take it out and try charging it. Make sure that you dont keep the PS4 controller longer than 15 minutes in the freezer as it can be damaging.
Try out these methods to fix PS4 controller not charging issue and continue enjoying your PS4 gaming. If you know any alternative method to fix PS4 controller not charging error, then feel free to share it with us in the comments below.
Also Check: How To Reset Password On Ps2 Parental Control
Meaning Of The Ps4 Controller Color
The PS4 controller represents different colors like Red, Green, Blue, Pink. Every color has its meaning, here we have provided you some for you.
- Blue Player1 or the User1.
- Red Player2 or the User2.
- Green Player3 or the User3.
- Pink Player4 or the User4.
Even the particular event that is happening on the gameplay, then in some play stations you might come across the color Red or Blue.
Solutions For Ps4 Controller Not Charging Issue
This guide will show you different possible solutions to fix PS4;controller not charging problem. PS4 controller is the steering wheel for a PS4 console and the whole gaming experience becomes useless when the controller malfunctions or stops working. You can always replace or buy a new one if you dont want to lose on the amazing list of games you can play on PS4.
You should try out these simple ways to fix PS4 controller not charging issue before replacing or buying a new device.
You May Like: Is Rainbow Six Siege Crossplay Pc Ps4
System Is Not Updated To The Newest Software
The touch pad may not be working correctly, if you haven’t installed the newest update. If you have installed the newest update, and your touch pad still isn’t working, try resetting your controller. If you reset your controller, an you’re unsuccessful in resolving this issue, you may need to replace the touch pad.
Fix The Ps4 Controller Red Light On The System
It is a sign of high latency if your PS4 controller shows the red light while you are trying to connect to your PC. Moreover, when the latency surpasses 10m then the light flashes red. You can also disable the red light on your PC, but this is not the solution to fix the issue. But to fix the issue you have to fix the issue of the latency.
You also need to use the USB 2.0 port and also make sure that while you are connecting there must not be the interpretation. Even you can also use the wired cable when you play the game on your PC if you are unable to fix the latency.
Also Check: How To Remove Profile From Ps4
Top 5 Best Methods To Fix Ps4 Controller Red Light
In electronics, a red light is never a good thing, so why does ps4 controller red light occur? My controller light turned red, and I became concerned, so I went online to look for a response.
Since your USB port or charger is broken, your PS4 Controller is red. Its a controller hardware issue if it always turns on with a red light after its been fixed. Its possible that the ribbon within your controller needs to be replaced.
Some of us are hesitant to open up our game controllers. Understandably, we are not attempting to do any damage; I know this because I destroyed my controller while attempting to repair it!
How To Change Ps4 Controller Color
As mentioned earlier, different colors of the PS4 controller indicate the order of connection of the players. However, you can change the color of your PS4 controller by following a few steps;
Recommended Reading: Roblox On Playstation 5
Remove Ps4 Controller From Other Connected Devices
You can solve the Orange light PS4 issue by disconnecting your PS4 controller and pairing it again. To do this, PS4 Remote Play is the best application that can assist you, as you cannot use your controller to do so. iOS users can download this application from the App Store, and Android users can download this application from the Play Store.;
- Sign in to your Play Station account after the application is installed. While doing so, make sure you use the same account used on the console.
- Press Start and wait for it to connect to the console.
- Now by using the touch D-pad and navigating to settings, select Devices. Here you will see the Bluetooth Devices option. Click on it. From there, select your Dualshock controller.;
- Now press the PS and share Share buttons on your controller and hold them for a few seconds. Now a blue light will flash on your controller.
- Now pair the controller again with your console and enjoy using it.
How Do You Turn On A Ps5 Controller
To turn the controller on, press the PlayStation button located between the two analog sticks. Your console will automatically connect with your controller, meaning you can use it immediately. Once your console is set up, you can unplug the USB cord and the controller will still be synced with the PS5.
Recommended Reading: How To Activate Primary Ps4
Start Ps4 In Safe Mode
If resetting the console and controller did not help, you can try turning the PS4 on in safe mode and check if it works.;
Note: Do not open your PS4 in safe mode if its USB ports are not working. As mentioned in the steps above, you will have to connect the DS4 controller to the USB ports using the cable. Without connecting it, you will not be able to restart your PS4.
How Do I Check The Battery Level On My Ps5 Controller
To check the status while charging, tap the PS button on the DualSense wireless controller. While the DualSense wireless controller is charging, an animated battery icon will be displayed on the screen. When the DualSense wireless controller is fully charged, the battery icon will stop animating and display three bars.
Don’t Miss: How To Dunk On 2k20 Ps4
Ps4 Controller Orange/yellow Light
Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So the light indicator of your PS4 controller remains Yellow/Orange when plugged-in, but does not turn blue or white? You are not the only one. This bug is pretty common and has affected thousands of controllers; it can be fixed by following some simple steps. In this guide, we have explained the reason behind this bug, and we have covered all the known solutions that will hopefully fix the issue.;
Red Indicator Light On Ps4 Controller
The Red light on the PS4 controller could mean a lot of things. Yes, it usually will be about some error with the controller, but not every time. Here are the reasons why the PS4 indicator lights up red.
- The light may flash only during certain games. So, this should not be a worry at all.
- It could also mean identifying which controller is player 2.
- Old and weak controller battery.
- Defective port, indicating that the controller is having issues in being able to charge.
- The ribbon cable is loose or defective.
- The connection between the charging port and battery can be loose.
Don’t Miss: How To Remove Profile From Ps4