What Do I Need
PS Remote Play is a feature available on all PS4 and PS5 consoles. All you need is:
- Your PS5 or PS5 Digital Edition, PS4 or PS4 Pro2 connected to a broadband network.
- A compatible device also connected to your network.
- The free PS Remote Play app.
- A DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller or DualSense wireless controller3 .
- At least 5Mbps internet – we recommend at least 15Mbps for a better experience. If you choose to use a mobile data connection to access Remote Play features, this will use your mobile data allowance. If you exceed your mobile data allowance, you may be charged by your mobile provider.
- A compatible PlayStation game1.
Here Is The Full List Of Ps4 Games Available On Playstation Now:
- Killzone: Shadow Fall
- Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
- Super Mega Baseball
A stable Internet connection, a controller, and a PlayStation Now subscription are all required to get started.
The PlayStation Now application is absolutely free to download and comes with a 7-day trial so that you can make up your mind whether you have to go for it or not.Since it is a premium service coming from Sony therefore you should know in advance that PlayStation Now doesnt come for free and costs £49.99 for 12-months, £22.99 for three months, or £8.99 for one month. And from the pricing, it is clear that the full-year subscription is better and cheaper than a one or three-month subscription.
- Sound card USB port
Control Your Ps4 Console From A Windows Pc
Youâll need the following to use Remote Play:
Windows 10 Processor 7th Generation IntelÂ® Coreâ¢ processors or later Storage space 1024 Ã 768 or higher Sound card
- Always update your PS4 console to the latest version of the system software.
- An account for PlayStationâ¢Network Use the same account that you use for your PS4 console. If you donât have an account, youâll need to create one first.
- High-speed internet connection As a standard, we recommend a high-speed connection with upload and download speeds of at least 5 Mbps. For best performance, we recommend a high-speed connection with upload and download speeds of at least 15 Mbps.
- DUALSHOCKÂ®4 wireless controller
- USB cable Connect your Windows PC and your controller with a USB cable. You can also use a DUALSHOCKÂ®4 USB wireless adaptor.
- You can also use your wireless controller for your PS5 console. Connect the controller to your Windows PC using a USB cable.
- To use voice chat, youâll need a microphone, such as the built-in microphone on your Windows PC.
Don’t Miss: How To Use Shunt Boost
How To Play Ps4 On Laptop Without Controller
How To Play PS4 Games On PC Without PS4: PlayStation Now coming from Sony, the developer of a very successful and popular PlayStation console is a video game streaming service . This service is a result of Sonys few initiatives to explore more in video game streaming. In this article, you will get to know about How To Play PS4 Games On PC Without PS4.
Streaming is not a new thing in modern works as people are already used to stream different content, generally in the form of movies, shows, or music. But in recent years video game streaming gained significant popularity. Thus, Sony is already making its presence in this service and according to sources that Sony is keeping the list of games available constantly updated and therefore it is necessary to check whats new is coming at once every month.
With the PlayStation Now application you can play PS4 games on PC and laptop without having a P4 controller by following below step:
Step 1: Download the PlayStation Now app on PC
Step 2: Create a PlayStation Network account and set up your subscription
Step 3: Connect a DualShock 4 controller via USB port
Does The Ps5 Need To Be On For Remote Play
The power of PlayStation® gaming, streamed to PS5, PS4, PC, Mac, Apple iOS or Android devices. A PS4 or PS5 console is required to stream your games to other devices. Remote play cannot be used on your mobile devices cellular data network. Broadband internet with at least 5Mbps broadband internet is required.
You May Like: Ps4 Controller With Dolphin
Set Up Your Ps4 Console
Set up your PS4 console in the following ways. Youâll only need to do this the first time you use Remote Play:
- From the function screen, go to > , and then turn on .
- From the function screen, go to > > , and then select . You can enable this setting on only one PS4 console for each account. Find out more about activating your PS4 console as your primary console in the PS4 Userâs Guide.
- To start Remote Play while your PS4 console is in rest mode, select > > . Then select the checkboxes for and .
Connect Ps4 To Laptop Through Remote Play
For those of you who dont know, Remote Play is a streaming service offered by Sony itself. The purpose of this is to allow PC and Mac users to enjoy the PS4 gameplay on their preferred computer monitor devices. However, you do require a PS4 console in order to link it to your desktop.
In fact, following is a list of things you would need to set up Remote Play.
- A PC
- A PS4 Account
Can I use my laptop as a monitor for my PS4? Well, yes you can!
How to play PS4 on laptop with HDMI? Thats exactly what were going to teach you below. Itll take a few minutes at max.
Download Remote Play on your computer through this link.
Turn your console on and go to the Settings > PlayStation Network > Account Management. Enable Active as Primary PS4.
Update your consoles software to 3.50 through System Software Update.
Now go to Settings > Remote Play Connection Settings, and enable it. You need to keep your console on in order to use Remote Play on your Mac or PC.
Go to Settings > Power Save Settings > Set Features Available in Rest Mode > Enable Turning on PS4 from Network.
Open the Remote Play you downloaded on your PC. Tap the Settings option and adjust the fps and resolution as per your screens specifications for optimum gameplay experience. The more powerful your desktop is, the higher you can keep your graphic settings.
Check out our article if your PS4 controller keeps disconnecting from PC.
Recommended Reading: Ps2 Games Compatible With Ps4
How To Stream Playstation 4 Games On A Pc Without A Capture Card
And if you dont have a capture card, you can use Restream to start uploading your PS4 gameplay to several platforms.
To do so, capture the Remote Play client on your device and stream it using some application such as OBS. It will enable you to connect overlays to your stream as well as stream to Restream, which will allow you to upload your video to several channels at once.
If your PS4 and PC are via wireless, the video quality can be poor. Link all devices with Ethernet cables for a better experience.
Remote Play Really Does Remote
For years, Sonys PS4 Remote Play service was superior to Microsofts Xbox solution in that gamers could stream their PlayStation 4 console from anywhere across the nation, not just within the house. They could use the PlayStation Vita handheld, the PS TV set-top box, the mobile apps, or the desktop software for Windows and MacOS.
Xbox One owners werent quite so lucky. Before the recent arrival of Xbox Remote Play, they could only stream to a Windows PC using the Xbox app. Moreover, streaming was locked to the local network. On the plus side, this in-house lockdown guaranteed great performance.
However, having a remote service introduces latency. At first glance, PS4 owners appear to simply stream their console across the local network. But even if the console is connected via an Ethernet cable, there are performance issues, making Microsofts local service a bit more stable.
Sony wont reveal how its PS4 Remote Play service actually works, but the latency indicates that the stream first goes to Sonys cloud servers before arriving to the locally connected Vita, PS TV, or PC. Why? So the client devices can access the stream on any network. This assumption is backed by the Vita and PS TVs ability to directly connect with the PS4 and bypass the internet connection altogether.
That said, here are a few general tips to get the best out of PS4 Remote Play:
Don’t Miss: Ps4 Remove Apps From Homescreen
What Is Remote Play
PlayStation remote play is an app that lets you control your PlayStation console from windows 10 and remotely.
You can stream and play PS4 and PS5 games, also you can switch between different games and view the home screen of your console, you can also browse the console menus from compatible devices that are connected to your Wi-Fi.
With Remote Play, you can play with your PS4, PS5 console connected to a TV. All you have to do is to pause a game and then access the remote play app from your chosen device and your game will be on that screen ready to play right from your left it.
You can also switch the device on your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console and start playing directly from the Remote play app.
You can stream PS5 or PS4 games on another device through a console. Unfortunately, you cant use remote play on your mobile cellular data. You need a broadband connection with a speed up to at least 5 Mbps.
To get the best experience, you are recommended to have an internet connection with a speed of 15 Mbps.
To stream or play PS4 games on your PC or laptop, you first need to connect your PC or laptop to PS4. Now, you might be thinking that how can you use a laptop as a monitor for PS4. Dont worry we have also included this in our article. Heres how you use the laptop as a monitor for PS4.
Two Connect The Elgato Capture Card
Read Also: Ps4 Controller Under $40
Capture Card Vs Remote Play
Primarily, a capture card allows much higher gaming quality, with zero latency between the PS4 and the TV that youre playing on- which is critical for reaction speed based games such as online shooters. From a streaming perspective, it also enables a cleaner gaming experience, as the PS4 output is native and uncluttered.
Using the Remote Play app can be almost impossible for high levels of reaction based gameplay, due to significant latency between the PS4 and the computer youre viewing and recording from. It can also suffer from graphics inconsistencies and glitches, like broken pixels and the occasional stutter/freeze. While it is a fantastic option for getting into streaming with a PS4, and a great way to start using twitch overlays sooner, for competitive gameplay its probably best to stick with native streaming from the PS4.
How To Stream Your Ps4 Gameplay Without A Capture Card
Start with downloading Remote Play client for Windows or MAC and install it:
2. Select a path fror installation and proceed:
3. Let the system check for the updates:
4. Connect your DUALSHOCK 4 controller over USB to your PC, then click Start:
5. Familiarize yourself with Sony data collection policies and continue:
6. Log in to your PSN account you have set up on your PlayStation 4:
7. If both PC and PlayStation 4 are connected to the Internet, you will have to wait for a minute for them to sync:
8. You will see your PlayStation screen in a window on your PC.
9. This window can be used as a source in any encoder, OBS for instance:
10. Name the source to make it clear what it is, and confirm it’s addition:
11. Select the proper window for the window capture source – it’s called RemotePlay.exe:
12. You now have your PlayStation 4 screen inside your encoder, and you can start streaming:
Note: If you have a wireless connection between ps4 and pc you may have bad video quality. For the best experience connect both devices with Ethernet cables.
Recommended Reading: How To Make A Backup Code For Ps4
One: Enable Remote Play On Your Playstation 4
First, youll need to enable Remote Play on your PlayStation 4 if you havent already. Head to your PlayStation 4s Settings screen, select Remote Play Connection Settings in the list, and enable the Enable Remote Play option.
Next, head to the main Settings screen and select PlayStation Network/Account Management. Select Activate as Your Primary PS4 and use the Activate option. Remote Play will automatically connect to and stream from the PlayStation 4 marked as your primary PlayStation 4.
Youll also want to head back to the main Settings screen and select Power Save Settings. Select Set Features Available in Rest Mode, and enable the Stay Connected to the Internet and Enable Turning on of PS4 from Network options. This will allow the Remote Play application to remotely wake your PS4 from rest mode so you can quickly connect and play games.
How To Use Your Laptop As A Monitor
If your laptop does not seem to match the requirements for Remote Play app. No need to concern yourself, we have your back with another way. This procedure is simple but expensive at the same time.
First of all, you will have to connect your laptop with the PlayStation 4 with the help of an HDMI cable and video capture card. In order to use your laptop as a screen, there are some things you will need which are as follows.
- A laptop
Read Also: Directv On Ps4
How To Play Ps4 On A Laptop Using Hdmi And A Video Capture Card
For those whose laptop doesnt meet met the requirements for remote play, no need to worry because we have got an alternative way. This alternative method is pretty simple but it might cause damage to your pocket.
Firstly, youll need to connect your laptop to PS4 and for that, youll need an HDMI cable and video capture card. Here are all the things youll need to use a laptop as a monitor.
- HDMI cable
Building a connection
Make sure you have all above mentioned things.
- Then, connect your video capture card to the laptop via a USB port. Remember that its very essential for you to install the drivers and software for the card you are using to make it function smoothly and properly.
- Now, link your video capture card with the PS4. For this, youll have to make an S-video connection via through connection cable. Then, connect the HDMI IN side to the capture card and the other side i.e. HDMI OUT to the PS4.
- Now, launch the software of video capture on a laptop and turn your PS4 on. After opening software will automatically search for the PS4. After finding itll build a stable connection and start to display the PS4s screen on your laptop screen.
How To Use Remote Play
A good rule of thumb is to have the PlayStation 4 wired to the network to reduce latency. You can do the same with the PS TV unit, but the Vita doesnt have that option.
However, the handheld has a direct connect mode for a better connection versus using the local network. The PS TV unit also provides this feature if you cant physically connect it to the local network. To enable this connection, do the following on the PS4:
Step 1: Open Settings and select Remote Play Connection Settings.
Step 2: On the following screen, check Connect Directly with PS Vita/PS TV.
If these two devices move out of range, or you take them to another house or hotel, they will default to the local wireless connection.