Three: Uncovering The Hard Drive
Once you are happy you’re not about to wipe out your gaming history, make sure there’s no disc in the drive and turn the PS4 off completely . If your PS4 heads to standby as standard, hold down on the PS button until the power menu pops up, then select turn off PS4. Next, unplug all the PS4’s cables .
Set the PS4 on a steady surface, put a hand on the shiny top plate and move it to the side a little. This is actually a simple plastic drive cover that’s not held in place with screws but a basic clip.
Once it’s free of its moorings, you’ll be able to lift the cover off to reveal part of the PS4’s metal skeleton. There’s not much damage you can do here, though, as it’s just the hard drive on show.
To uncover the hard drive within the PS4 Slim, unclip the plastic cover by hand. This clip can be found on the left-hand corner of the PS4 Slim at the rear of the console.
With the plastic clip removed you’ll see the hard drive caddy of the PS4 Slim secured with a single screw.
To uncover your PS4 Pro’s hard drive, simply place the system upside down on a flat surface and locate the small plastic panel on its rear. Use the little tab beside the Ethernet port to pop the panel off.
With this cover removed you’ll see the hard drive caddy and the single screw holding it in place.
Read Ps4 Hdd On Pc Using Disk Management
This is the first and one of the most basic methods to read your PS4 HDD without formatting. For this purpose follow this step by step method:
- Remove hard drive from your PS4.
- You may use a SATA to USB 3.0 converter to connect your PS4 hard drive to PC.
- Now open your Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E.
- Here go to to This PC and look for your PS4 Hard Drive.
- If it is not visible here press Windows + X.
- Here click on Disk Management to open Disk Management tool.
- You will find your PS4 hard drive over here.
Some of the Best SATA to USB 3.0 converters, which you can get from Amazon are:
Format Ps4 Hdd Using Easeus Partition Master
The step by step method to format a PS4 drive using EaseUS Partition Master is given below:
- Download EaseUS Partition Master from here.
- Run the setup and install using the on-screen instructions.
- Connect your PS4 HDD or SSD to your PC or laptop.
- Now Launch the tool and enter its interface.
- Here select the drive that you want to format.
- Right click on the selected drive and click Delete All.
- Click on OK for deleting all partitions on Disk.
- After this step, the partition deletion operation will be added as a pending operation.
- Now click on Execute Operation and then click Apply to delete all partitions.
- Next, right click on the drive and select Create.
- Here, set the Partition Size, Label, File System, etc. for a new partition and click on OK.
- Again click on Execute Operation and then Apply to create a partition successfully.
With this method, your PS4 HDD or SSD is automatically formatted as well as new fresh partitions have also been created.
Recommended to Read: Smallest Hidden Cameras for Room
Read Also: R6 Crossplay Release Date
Remove And Clean The Power Supply
The next thing that you need to do is to remove and clean the power supply. Removing the power supply can give you access to the heat sink and lets you thoroughly clean your console. However, it is important to clean the power supply because the dust and dirt serve as a blanket covering the components inside your console, making it run harder and shortening its lifespan.
To remove the power supply, gently hold it and remove the screws. There are five screws to be removed, including three TR9 security screws and two Phillips head screws. After removing the screws, unplug the little connector and twist the power supply a little bit harder until it pops out. To clean the power supply, get your can of compressed air and blow a small burst of air.
Transfer Saved Data From Ps4 To Usb
In order to proceed with this method, you need to connect a USB stick to your PS4 console. After connecting a USB stick, follow this method:
- Insert your USB into PC or laptop.
- Format the USB to ExFAT or FAT32 file format.
- Now plug in your formatted USB to your PS4 console.
- In console go to Settings -> Applications Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage.
- Here, all the saved game files will appear.
- Click on the game files that you want to copy and select Copy to Storage Device option.
- Depending on your data, in just a few seconds to minutes, all your game saves will be saved to your USB storage.
This method is quite helpful for keeping saved games data. Using this, you will be able to make a backup of all your saved games and then utilize it further when required.
Recommended to Read: Best PS4 Gaming Speakers to Buy
Recommended Reading: Is Dark Souls On Ps Now
How To Get Started With The Ps4 Slim: Setup Your Wi
Yes, the setup process of any console these days is a little more complicated than it once was, but its worth doing right. Dont skip any essential steps.
Setting up your WiFi is one of those essential steps, as youll need to be online to sign up for a Sony PS account , download updates and of course play a spot of multiplayer gaming.
Use A Can Of Compressed Air
A can of compressed air will be very helpful in the cleaning process. Before using it, bear in mind that you need to take extra precautions with it. You need to hold it upright to lessen the possibility of releasing moisture inside the can. Hold the nozzle at least five to six inches from the part that you want to clean. Then blow the compressed air around areas that you would like to clean. Continue blowing for short bursts and gently go through the remaining surfaces of your console.
Don’t Miss: How To Play Roblox On Ps4
Connect Speakers To Ps4 Via Game Controller
This method is considered to be the most reliable one, as it performs much improved than having to tolerate the default PS4 audio system. A 3.5-millimeter male-to-male aux audio cable is required for managing it. If the measurements seem too puzzling, it is just a normal cable with headphone jacks on individual ends. This is available at almost all tech or automotive stores, including offline and online. Below are the steps required to connect the PS4 audio output to speakers:
- Insert an individual end of the cable into your game controller and the other end to the speakers slot for Audio In.
- Then, power on your PS4 and connect your controller to it.
- After that, direct to the PS4 console settings and choose the Settings option.
- Then, choose Devices near the lower side of the page.
- Then press the X button, then choose Audio Devices, which is located at the upper side of the page.
- After that, choose the Output to Headphones option at the lower side of the page and again press X. Observe, if the selection is greyed out and cannot be chosen, verify the connectivity of the aux cable to the PS4 controller and confirm it is correctly inserted.
- At last, choose All Audio and select X. This will redirect the PS4 Audio from your TV speakers to the external speakers linked through the aux audio cables.
Due to this disadvantage, we are defining one more alternate method for connecting PS4 slim audio output to speakers.
How To Open Ps4 Fat
If you have a PS4 Fat , that is a PlayStation 4 first model, heres how you need to proceed.
The first thing to do, after having taken care to disconnect the PS4 from each cable as I told you a little while ago, is to remove the body that covers the hard disk, pushing it and sliding it, then, outwards. If you want to remove the hard disk from its slot, remove the screw located at the bottom left. Next, turn the PS4 over and locate the four rectangular shaped stickers on the back of the console.
Remove, then, the stickers with the help, if necessary, with a cutter . Once this is done, remove the screws you just discovered using the T8 / T9 screwdriver , then remove the body by applying a little force and sliding it gently.
At this point, turn the PS4 over again to remove the last remaining shell . Then remove the two screws with a T8 / T9 screwdriver and, applying a little force, lift the body and then slide it. Now, by flipping the console over, you will have access to the fan and to the power supply . To remove the latter, you have to extract a total of five screws : two classic cross-shaped screws placed at the corners, and three more to be removed with the T8 / T9 screwdriver placed at the edges.
Proceed, therefore, with the removal of the screws and extract, applying a little force, the power supply . In this regard, I invite you to pay attention to the connector , on your right, which you can disconnect as soon as you have removed the power supply.
Read Also: How To Use A Ps4 Controller On Project 64
How To Access Ps4 Hard Drive On Pc
One of the major issues in connecting a PS4 hard drive to a PC is the different format of the PS4 drive. Due to this reason, a PS4 is not going to appear in a normal way in Windows Explorer. The issue in this case is that you will need to format your PS4 hard drive in order to be read by your PC. However, we will look into formatting and re-formatting in the later sections.
Recommended to Read: Fastest SSD for PS4 and PS4 Pro
Transfer Ps4 Data To Pc
Though we have given you 2 different methods of reading HDD data from PC, however, most of the time, it is not successful. There are different reasons:
- The file format of your PS4 HDD is different. Due to this, your HDD may not appear in Windows.
- PS4 HDD does not create a single partition. You will see a number of partitions for a single PS4 drive.
- Data of PS4 HDD is always encrypted. If you copy your data, you cannot read it directly.
But still, sometimes, you need your PS4 data on your PC or any other backup drive. This may include game saves, captures, or other data, which can prove quite useful in case of a data loss.
Therefore, some of the best methods to transfer data from PS4 to PC are:
You May Like: How To Edit Fast Fortnite
How To Recover Deleted Ps4 Games Data
If you are not creating backups on an external drive and all your PS4 data is lost, then what to do? You have to proceed in a similar method as the previous one. The only difference is:
- After scanning, filter the results for your desired extension of saved games.
- In case you dont find your extension, then manually check for each game save in different folders.
- Sometimes you will have to properly check the RAW folder or Lost Files Folder manually as well.
Taking Apart A Ps4 Pro
You will want to make sure that you begin by taking off the cover for the hard disk on the back of the system. This can easily be done by removing a single screw that will require your Phillips screwdriver and one screw. Once this has been removed, you will need to remove a little bit more and then the hard disk will be free from inside of the console.
Now that you have all the knowledge that you need to know in disassembling a PS4 you should have little to no trouble in cleaning it and keeping it in the best running shape. Also if you happen to need to replace anything, you can easily do this and save yourself the time and expense of sending it off and having to wait weeks to get your system back. You can easily replace a large number of these components with a basic set of tools and a little time and patience in the process. As mentioned before, it is always a good idea to make sure you are being careful and watching not to touch the power supply.
This is not part of the article, it is a place holder to keep the end of the article from being cut off. This is not part of the article, it is a placeholder to keep the end of the article from being cut off.
Also Check: Ps4 Plays Ps3 Games
How To Get Started With The Ps4 Slim: Setup Your Playstation Network Online Account
If youre not already a member of the PlayStation Network, its well worth signing up. Sure Sony has famously been hacked over the years, but thanks to those breaches its now more secure than ever. Also you dont have to give payment details if you dont want to.
What you get from an online account is a live homepage updated over your internet connection, to allow for alerts about new games, updates for the ones you already have and social interactions with other gamers. Streaming via video app services is another big plus.
Read/transfer Ps Vita Data
A lot of PS4 lovers are also having issues with PS Vita storage access. That is why we have also included this topic in the given guide as well.
For this method you need to link your Sony Entertainment Network account with your system. Your PS Vita as well as PC must be connected to same Access Point . Both your Vita and PC must be connected to the internet. Once you make sure all these pre-requisites, proceed as follows:
- Download Content Manager Assistant from here and install it.
- For first time you need to register your system with the computer.
- To do the registration, open the Content Manager Assistant and enable the Network Connection Settings.
- For Windows, right click on the CMA icon on notification are in taskbar. Now go to Settings -> Network Connection Settings. Here enable Connect to PS Vita System or PS TV System Using Network by ticking the checkbox.
- For Mac, do the similar process by clicking the CMA icon in the menu bar.
- After this, on Vita, select CMA Icon -> Copy Content.
- Here click on PC Icon and select Add Device.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions.
- A list of different computers will be displayed that you can connect to.
- Select your desired computer that you want to connect to.
- A number will display on your PC, enter this PIN on your console.
- And voila! You have successfully registered your Vita to your computer.
- Now you can easily transfer your data by clicking CMA Icon -> Copy Content -> YOUR SYSTEM on your Vita.
You May Like: How To Turn On Cheats Sims 4 Ps4
Recover Deleted Ps4 Games Data From Backup Drive
If you have a habit of constantly creating backups on a USB Drive, then you have more chances of data recovery. The backup of saved games data is created in Applications Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System using a USB or portable drive. For this recovery, follow this method:
- Insert the USB drive in your PC.
- Open the Data Recovery software.
- Select your USB Drive.
Recommended to Read: Play PS4 on a Laptop Screen with HDMI
Fix : Use Chkdsk To Fix Errors Or Shield Bad Sectors
You need to use your computer to run CHKDSK. Thus, you still need to remove the hard drive from the PS4 system and connect it to your computer.
Then, follow these steps to fix the issue:
1. Press the Windows and R keys at the same time to open the Run
2. Type cmd into the search box, and then press the Enter
3. After entering the cmd.exe interface, type in this command line: chkdsk *: /r /f. Here, * stands for the drive letter of the target HDD.
4. CHKDSK will begin to check the specified hard drive. If there are errors, it can fix them if there are bad sectors, it can shield them but recover the readable information.
5. When the process finishes, remove the hard drive from your computer and insert it to your PS4 system again.
6. Reboot the PS4 to see whether cannot start the PS4 ce-34335-8 issue disappears.
Also Check: When Will Scuf Have Ps5 Controllers
Blow The Dust Out Of Your Ps4
Finally, you have access to the PS4’s heat sink and fan. Now we can explain how to clean your PS4’s fan and remove dust that’s deep in the system.
Take your can of compressed air and, if it has one, insert the straw for more focused cleaning. Spray a few blasts of air away from your PS4 first, in case there’s any liquid in the tip.
Now, use your canned air to blow short bursts of air all around your PS4, getting rid of the dust. Make sure to check the corners for hidden dust , and take care to blow it out of the system instead of further in. You can also use your cotton swabs or cotton balls to help you remove any dust the air won’t reach.
Focus especially on the fan, heat sink, and outside edges of your PS4 when looking for built-up dust, as these are common locations for it. If you’re not familiar, the heat sink is the metal set of “bars” that the straw is pointing at in the above picture.
Note a few important warnings when using canned air:
Transfer Recordings From Ps4 To Pc Using Youtube
For this method to work, you need to have a simple YouTube account. Then follow this method:
- In PS4 menu, go to Library.
- From Side menu, go to Applications.
- Now go to Capture Gallery.
- Here select your desired clip/ recording of a game and wait for few moments.
- On next screen, you will see different sharing options.
- From these options, select .
- Adjust the Privacy, Title and Tags and then click on .
- Wait for some time till the video is uploaded to YouTube.
- Now go on PC to your own channel/ playlist and select the Video.
- You can download this using IDM or any other YouTube Video Downloader.
As an alternate, you may also copy these to a USB Storage Device.
Recommended Reading: How Many Games Can A 500gb Xbox One S Hold