Swapping From Video To Screen Share Mode
Did you know that you can swap from video to screen share mode while on a video call on Discord? Well, now you know! Clicking on the screen share icon on the Discord enables you to go to screen sharing mode from video call.
There are three modes of screen sharing, as mentioned earlier. Choose whatever you want to.
How To Stream Ps4 Gameplay With Twitch
The primary platform gamers stream to is Twitch, and its no surprise that many streamers have developed a plethora of ways to stream. However, you dont need an elaborate setup to stream to this popular platform. Theres a way to stream to Twitch without the use of capture cards or extra HDMI cables. Before you start, youll need the following:
- PS4 Remote Play
- OBS or similar software
When you have the right resources on hand, all you need is to set everything up. Dont worry; the process doesnt take very long. Heres what you need to do:
S To Get Discord On Ps4
Once you have all equipment ready and you have the latest version of Discord on desktop then go through the steps below to get Discord on PS4.
Now you have Discord service on PS4. The problem arises when you try to use one of the features on it and it wont work. For this, you will need to learn how to use Discord on PS4.
Also Check: Is Rainbow Six Siege Crossplay Pc Ps4
How To Stream Playstation 4 Games On Pc Without A Capture Card
It’s fairly easy to start streaming your PS4 gameplay to several platforms with Restream even if you don’t have a capture card. To do this you’ll need to capture Remote Play client on your computer, and stream it with any software, like OBS. It will allow you to add overlays to your stream, and also to stream to Restream to send your video to several platforms at once.
How To Stream Your Ps4 Gameplay Without A Capture Card
Start with downloading Remote Play client for Windows or MAC and install it:
2. Select a path fror installation and proceed:
3. Let the system check for the updates:
4. Connect your DUALSHOCK 4 controller over USB to your PC, then click Start:
5. Familiarize yourself with Sony data collection policies and continue:
6. Log in to your PSN account you have set up on your PlayStation 4:
7. If both PC and PlayStation 4 are connected to the Internet, you will have to wait for a minute for them to sync:
8. You will see your PlayStation screen in a window on your PC.
9. This window can be used as a source in any encoder, OBS for instance:
10. Name the source to make it clear what it is, and confirm it’s addition:
11. Select the proper window for the window capture source – it’s called RemotePlay.exe:
12. You now have your PlayStation 4 screen inside your encoder, and you can start streaming:
Note: If you have a wireless connection between ps4 and pc you may have bad video quality. For the best experience connect both devices with Ethernet cables.
You May Like: How To Grab Ips On Ps4
Run Discord As Administration
So running the Discord application as administration can be done by right-clicking on Discord and clicking on Discord run as admin. This will run your Discord app as administration but you have to repeat each and every time. To open Discord as administration without repeating the above steps Follow these few points.
- First, you need to open the taskbar you can search the taskbar in the search option, or else you can hit CTRL+ALT+DEL
- Now click on the processes tab
- Yow will find Discord in the list.
- Open the details of Discord on processes
- Now click file >>> New task Run as admin
- Select OK
How To Share Audio During Discord Screen Share
Discord has always been catering towards gamers whether on PC, Mobile, or Xbox. It has a lot of features such as being able to have one-to-one conversations, group conversations, video calls, audio calls, texts, and even live streams. You can also add your friends, join tons of public servers as well make use of various bots on Discord. As Discord allows sharing audio, here is a guide on how to share audio on Discord during the screen share.
Now that Discord is gaining in more users from other fields such as schools and even some offices making use of Discord for their communication, it is important to know how Discord works and its various features that are useful. Apart from using Discord for work, many people use it to interact with friends, listen to music, watch game streams. While screen sharing is super easy and takes place by default, the audio needs to be manually set up. Read on to know how to share audio through Discord.
Recommended Reading: Will Roblox Be On Ps4
How To Set Up Discord For Ps4
Below are some steps that you can follow to use discord on PS4. Lets take a look.
- Locate the optical cables present between your mixamp Pro TR and PS4 that are used for switching audio. Connect them.
NOTE: we can also use a pair of V-Moda crossfades cans or Astro TXD mixamp or anything similar to switch audio between console and PC.
- Next, go to PS4 settings > sound and screen > audio output settings. Change primary output port to digital output
- Use one end of your USB cable and plug it into the base station. Use the other end to connect and link your PC
NOTE: make sure your base station is in PC mode, or else the process wont work.
- Now, open discord on PC and edit voice settings to switch your input device to MixAmp.
- Use the 3.5mm audio jack with your speaker. Note that this is the recommended one to use.
- Now, return to your audio settings to change the output device to PC speakers.
Following these steps attentively, you can access discord voice chat capabilities on your PS4.
Note that you wont hear any audio from your PC as the primary audio connection is via your MixAmp Pro TR.
In case you want to access it from your PC, too, all you have to do is connect a 3.5 mm male-to-male audio cable extension between your PC and the AUX port of your MixAmp Pro.
How To Screen Share In Discord On A Smartphone
Both iPhone and Android users can stream their phone screens over Discord. However, you can’t share your screen while using certain apps, like Netflix.
1. Open Discord on your iPhone or Android and go to the server and voice channel you want to stream in.
2. Once in the voice channel, tap the icon that looks like a phone at the bottom of the screen. If the icon is grayed out, you don’t have permission to stream in the channel, and will have to ask a server moderator to change your role.
3. You’ll be asked to give Discord permission to record your screen. Press Start now or Start Broadcast to do so.
4. You can now swipe out of Discord and open a different app. Everything you do and all sounds that play from your apps will be shared over Discord.
5. To end the stream, just head back to Discord and tap Stop sharing.
To screen share in a private conversation, start a video call and then tap the icon that looks like a phone at the bottom of the screen.
Ross James contributed to a previous version of this article.
Don’t Miss: How To Dunk On 2k20 Ps4
Adding Friends To Your Discord Server
- To add friends on Discord, begin with clicking on the Discord icon and go to the homepage.
- To view your friend list in Discord, make a click on Friends.
- In the search bar, type in the username of your friend to add up on Discord.
- The above step will show you your friends name. Click on it so you can directly send a message.
- There is an icon to start the video call with your friends right above the message window.
What Is Ps4 Discord App
PS4 discord app is the discord app that has been made for the PS4 as we all know that discord developers havent developed it yet for PS4 as it can be installed on our PC and various other platforms,
but we cannot use it on PS4 consoles. We will read in this article that how we can install the PS4 discord app.;
Also Check: How To Do A Floater In 2k20 Ps4
Start Discord App Correctly
This is not that big issue for causing the issue which we are discussing but sometimes this also can cause an issue. So for stating the app correctly you need to do is start the Discord app with administration permission. To start the application with administration permission.
- You Need To GoTo the application Icon >>>> Then right-click on that icon >>>> you will find option run as administration
When You Cannot Connect To Share Play
To get the best experience from Share Play, both the host and the visitor must each have a high-speed Internet connection. Refer to this information if you experience Share Play connection or stability issues.
- Generally, a minimum upstream and downstream connection speed of 2 Mbps is recommended.You can view an estimate of your connection speed in > > .
- A wired Internet connection is recommended for the PS4 system.
- If you’re using a Wi-Fi connection, place the PS4 system closer to the access point or router and make sure there are no obstructions between them.
- Do not use Share Play while other devices on your network are using a large amount of bandwidth.
Connection speed varies depending on your network. For details, contact your Internet service provider.
Recommended Reading: How To Edit Faster In Fortnite Ps4
Use The Latest Version Of The Discord App
Having an updated version of the Discord app is also beneficial. It could be that the older versions might be having a few issues and bugs related to the audio which are then fixed later. So, having the latest versions of the apps and software is always better.
If the above methods did not work in your case, then you can check out our detailed guide to fix no audio during discord screen share.
Two Connect The Elgato Capture Card
Don’t Miss: How To Use Ps4 Controller On Dolphin
* Why Does Discord Screen Share Stops Working And Shows A Black Screen
We went through multiple user reports to grasp all the possible causes of the discord screen share not working. After having a look, we found out that the following reasons often result in the said issue:
- Dissimilar Permissions: As it turns out, one of the most common causes of the issue happens to be insufficient permissions. This occurs when the program you are trying to share with your partner, be it a game or anything else, and the Discord application have contrasting permissions. What this means is that either one of the programs is run using admin privileges while the other is not. This alteration often causes the screen share not working issue.
- Fullscreen Mode: Another cause of the issue is the fullscreen mode. If you are running the program in fullscreen mode, the screen share feature will not work. Therefore, you will have to make do with borderless or fullscreen windowed mode.
- Using Latest Technologies Option: In some cases, the issue can emerge due to your Discord Voice and Video settings. If you are making use of the Use our latest technologies for screen sharing option, then that could be the root of the problem as well.
With that said, you hopefully have a better understanding of the said problem. Now, let us get into the solutions that will help you in getting rid of the issue.
Fix Discord Screen Share Not Working
Several users often come across different problems while enabling the Discord screen share feature on their Desktop. Some encounter the Discord screen share feature is not working while others face the Discord black screen share. The good thing is, no matter whatever the issue is, you can always fix it!
To fix the Discord screen share not working or turning black, follow the steps as under;
- Begin with restarting your PC, a method that never gets old to fix minor bugs.
- Once you have restarted the PC, open the Discord app, where you will have to restart the screen share feature.
- At times, automatic switching of GPU might cause troubles. Therefore it would be best if you check for GPU.
- It would be better if you update the GPU to its newest version.
- The measures mentioned above should solve the problem, ideally. However, if your problem is still present, the last thing you can do is to uninstall and reinstall the Discord app.
You May Like: How To Delete A Profile On Ps4
Equipment To Get Discord For Ps4
Here are the things needed to get discord on ps4:
- The headset supports a USB connection and has an optical fibre cable. Ex- A40 TR headset.;
- For switching audio in between PlayStation and your PC, you need a Mixamp, or even a Mixamp Pro TR will do the trick.;
- 3.5mm Male to Male cables, 3.5 mm Aux Splitter 3.5mm to 3.5mm with volume are needed.;
- Lastly, you need to install the Discord app on your desktop or laptop. This step is optional.;
Note: Visit the official website of Discord to download the app for your device. There you will find several versions of the app for users of MAC OS or Linus.;
How To Connect And Use Discord On Ps4
Before you connect your PS4 to your PC Discord application, there are few manual hardware connections. First off, turn on your PS4 and connect one end of the optical cable to the PC and the other end to the MIxamp. Once this is done your headset now becomes a USB device to sonnet it using the USB port.;
Note: make sure that the Mixamp is set to console mode.;
With that out of the way now you are ready to pair your PS4 to the PCs discord application through software settings and here is how its done.;
Step 1: Open settings in your PS4 and select the Sound and Screen option.
Step 2: Inside the sound and screen option, select the audio output option.
Step 3: Open the digital output port tab and choose the optical option. Under Optical choose Dolby as your output.
Step 4: Now open the audio format option and choose the Dolby option.
Step 5: Open the settings menu of the discord application on your PC.
Step 6: Once you are in the Settings menu, navigate to the voice and video option to open it.
Step 7: under the voice and video tag select the input device option. Under which choose the headset that you are using.
Step 8: leave that output as default.;
Recommended Reading: How To Put Parental Control On Ps4
Factors On No Sound Issue
In my opinion, there are various factors that can cause this issue in Discord and the first convenient option which I felt is great is to restart your system and it solves your issue and after this try updating your audio driver and check your sound card which could be the culprit or else try reinstalling the discord which is going to solve your issue.
Discord Screen Share In Server
Not so long ago, Discord released a Screen Share feature that allowed users to host live streams on the servers. This feature was a lifesaver for many people, especially gamers.
You can use this feature for free provided you have a Discord account. Users can stream in 720p using a free account. You can also extend this quality quota by buying the Discord Nitro subscription.
We wont go deep into Discord and its features in this post. As we will be mentioning guides for sharing screens on the Discord smartphone app and the desktop application.
Recommended Reading: Will Ps4 Ever Have Backwards Compatibility
How To Fix Discord Screen Share No Audio Issue
We all know that Discord is a great platform and is highly popular among YouTubers and Gamers, sometimes there are problems faced by users and one of the problems is screen share and no audio, so now the question comes how to fix discord screen share no audio issue?
Forever problems and issues The Almighty has provided us with the solution too, we just need to find that solution to solve the issue. For this Issue, there is some simple step solution which by applying your screen share no audio issue will be resolved.
Just Follow this article Step By Step to resolve this issue.
Fix Audio Not Capturing In Discord Screen Share
Now, you might be having a good time screen sharing your project or maybe even your gameplay. However, there will be a time when one of your viewers tells you that they cant hear any audio output from your screen share. This is where you will have to figure out what is wrong and how to fix the no audio issue while screen sharing on Discord.
Read Also: How To Get Parental Controls Off Ps4