Solution : Check Ps4 Cables
If there is something wrong with your PS4 cables, PS4 stuck in safe mode will appear. So you need to make sure the cables are working well on PS4. To check PS4 cables, you need to:
1. Try to connect the USB/power/HDMI cables to other ports to see if they work.
2. Plug out the power cable for 10 or more minutes and then plug it in again.
For some users, if you hope to get PS4 out of safe mode without USB cable, you can move on.
Connect A Ps4 Usb Charging Cable
The first thing to try when your PS4 doesnt exit Safe Mode, whether you reboot or not, is to connect your PS4 controller to the game console using a charging cable. After the controller is securely attached, select the option to exit Safe Mode.
Sometimes, the USB cable fails to make a proper connection to the console, mostly due to inferior parts or wear and tear. The connection can appear successful when in reality, it is not. Try using a different PS4 controller cable to see if Safe Mode can exit successfully.
Perform A Factory Reset
Lastly, theres an option to completely reset your PS4. If its stuck in the Safe Mode boot loop, you can perform a factory reset. This article tells you exactly how to do that.
This option will delete everything, your games, progress, and profile from your console. Upon restarting the device, sign in using your PlayStation credentials. You should be able to re-download all of your content back to your PS4 from the store.
Read Also: Sony Account Management Primary Ps4
What Is The Ps4s Safe Mode
Before we get into how to get to the safe mode, heres a bit about what it actually does.
Once you boot into the safe mode, youll see seven options that can come in handy while troubleshooting a number of issues. Heres a rundown of what each of the options does.
- Restart:;Exits safe mode and starts the console up normally.
- Change Resolution:;This forces the console to boot in 480p the next time around. This can help diagnose video output issues.
- Update System Software:;Allows you to update the PS4 software using a USB drive, a disc or from the internet.
- Restore Default:;This will reset your PS4 back to the factory state it shipped in except it doesnt delete your data.;
- Rebuilt Database:;This option scans the internal storage drive and re-indexes its contents.;
- Initialise PS4:;This will wipe all data from your console and reset it back to the factory settings. This is the same as performing a factory reset on the console.;
- Initialise PS4:;Same as above, except this one, reinstall the entire system software from scratch.;
How To Boot Up A Ps4 In Safe Mode
Steve Larner Steve Larner carries over ten years of content management, editing, and writing experience in a wide variety of industries. As a tech enthusiast, Steve also enjoys exploring new products and devices and helping others solve their technological problems. Read more August 6, 2021
Even with the release of the newer console, the PS4 remains wildly popular. Everyday users login to play their favorite games, stream movies, and more. Regardless, things can still go wrong. It doesnt happen often, but sometimes, your PS4 crashes or becomes stuck, and when it does, youll need to boot your PS4 in Safe Mode.
Safe Mode is often used as a diagnostic tool to diagnose software problems or work through the problems without interference of third-party software.
Starting your PS4 via Safe Mode should be seen as a last resort. If you cannot turn on your console the usual way, Safe Mode may be the only solution. For those with a Mac or iPhone, the console is equivalent to holding down the power button and hoping for the best. Heres how to boot your PS4 in Safe Mode.
Also Check: How To Get Roblox On Ps4
Update Your Ps4s Software
To do this,;Press X to select elect option 3 on the menu, Update System Software. Then, press X to select Update Using Internet.;and;follow the instructions on the screen.
If;the tips above does not;works, select option 7, Initialize PS4 , and press X. Follow the instructions on the screen.
Put An End To The Safe Mode Loop
If your PlayStation 4 is incapable of starting up normally, it will boot into an alternative mode, safe mode, with significantly fewer features. The essential functions that safe mode offers are to help your PlayStation 4 find and repair system errors preventing your console from working correctly. Even if your console is starting normally, you can launch safe mode manually to help fix some of the issues.
If your console is launching in safe mode, there are a few easy ways to fix it. First, make sure you have scheduled cleanings and keep your up-to-date equipment to avoid as many console issues as you possibly can. This goes from anything like having the latest software updates to buying a new power cable to replace the one you’ve had for years.
If you recently spilled something on your console or dropped it, at any rate, it might be a hardware issue that’s beyond your expertise. At that point, it’s time to call the company you bought your PlayStation from, check your warranty, and see what you can do about a replacement or a repair. More PS4 games are set to release over the next year or so, with even big exclusives like Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7, and the next God of War coming to the PS4 as well as the PS5.
Do keep in mind, however, that if you’re out of warranty, buying a new PS4 is going to get more difficult and more expensive, as the supply of consoles dwindles due to production shifting to the PS5.
Recommended Reading: How To Remove Parental Controls On Ps4
How To Put Ps4 In Safe Mode Without Power Button
As a result, any downgrade attempts are done AT YOUR OWN SYSTEM’S PERIL! If you mess up, Sony won’t fix your PS4 for free .
- Is PlayStation 4 Safe? Are they safe to use? Do you have to enter details in? There’s on way someone can take a picture of me through the TV, just because i have a PlayStation 4? I’m only interested in playing the games, not the online part etc, whenever I had a PlayStation 3, I only used it for games. Are the consoles safe?
- Are PlayStation 4 Consoles Safe? Are they safe to use? Do you have to enter details in? There’s on way someone can take a picture of me through the TV, just because he have a PlayStation 4?
- Can story mode be played on PS4 with no enternet? I’m upgrading to PS4 but might lose Wi-Fi for a few months Can I still play assassins Creed, GTA, Skyrim, mk, cod and others offline? Beat all the stories while I wait to be online?
- Safe power consumption for one room? I have one room with multiple devices, and multiple power strips plugged into different outlets throughout the room. The composition goes like this: First power strip: 3d printer Second power strip: Desktop computer Monitor Third power strip: Playstation 4 Flatscreen TV Fourth power strip: Phone chargers Is it safe to have everything turned on at once? I most likely won’t have everything on at one time, but just in case.
How Ps4 Safe Mode Works
Once your PS4 has booted in Safe Mode, youll see a few options. Selecting Restart will make your PS4 boot normally while Change Resolution will force your PS4 to boot up in 480p next time around. If youd like to update your firmware via a USB drive, the internet, or a disc, select Update System Software.
Restore Default settings will put your PS4 back to its factory settings, but keep your data, while Rebuild Database will scan the drive and essentially re-index its contents. Initialize PS4 is by far the most drastic action, as this will wipe ALL of your data from the console and essentially roll it back to the day you took it out of the box.
Safe Mode is especially useful if your device has an issue during an update. Rebooting your PS4 in Safe Mode should allow you to proceed, but it doesnt always work that way.
You May Like: Is Half Life Alyx On Ps4
Ps: How To Get Into Safe Mode / Factory Reset
Posted November 15, 2013 by Jimmy S in PS4
The Sony PS4 has a safe mode that starts the system with only essential services. This safe mode feature is typically used when you are having problems with your device. Additionally, these directions can be used if you want to factory reset the device and delete all user data and settings.
Safe Mode on the PS4 is meant to be used when you cannot access the XMB or if you are having other serious issues. ;I consider it a last resort when troubleshooting; hopefully, you will never have to use it.
How To Put Ps4 In Safe Mode
1. Turn off your console by holding the power button for 3 seconds. After blinking a few times, your PS4 will power off.
2. Press and hold the power button, releasing your finger only after the second beep sound. This should take about 7 seconds.;
3. Your PS4 will start in Safe Mode. Make sure your controller is connected to the console, and press the PS button.;
You May Like: How To Dunk In 2k20
Are The Usb Hdmi And Power Cables Functioning Properly
It might be the case that a USB, power or HDMI cable is failing. Try using different USB/HDMI/power cables, plugged into different HDMI ports and wall sockets. It is also a good idea to test your cables using a different system such as a Blu-ray player. Testing each cable and port will help identify where the issue is occuring.;
In Case Of Doubts Or Problems
In the event that the solutions that I have proposed in this guide have not solved your problem with the PS4 safe mode, I invite you to connect to the official PlayStation support page.
From this page you can write the terms in the search bar safe mode and immediately see the most useful tips to solve your problem.
Finally, you can proceed to submit a repair or replacement request for your console from the PlayStation Repair and Replace page. Just follow the assistant and get an appointment to pick up your console.
In this regard, I remind you that you may be entitled to a free replacement or repair if you have a receipt or an invoice related to a purchase not earlier than 48 months.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Disc Out Of Ps4 Without Screwdriver
Check Your Hdmi Cables
If your PS4 is starting in safe mode and you can’t navigate the menu options, it might be a hardware issue. Before you do anything, try changing out your HDMI cables.
Before buying a brand new HDMI cable, try switching the ends of the cables.
Another PlayStation user suffered this terrible fate and found that changing his HDMI cables allowed him to navigate the menu, use the “Restart PS4” option, and get back to his regular boot mode. Why this option works is a mystery, but it’s worth a shot!
Getting Into Safe Mode And Why Its Necessary For Your Ps4
Any Windows user knows the frustration of going into Safe Mode. The PS4 also has a Safe Mode, but its a little different than what you might expect if youre coming at it from a Windows OS point of view.
This is an important tool that can help you solve a variety of issues related to your console, and getting into Safe Mode is the only way to accomplish several of the steps listed previously in this blog regarding software updates.
You May Like: How To Activate Primary Ps4
Update The System Software
If the PS4 does have the latest update files, It will refuse to start. All you just need to do is update the latest software files on the device. And once you enable the Safe Mode, you will be able to update the system directly via a USB drive;
Update the Software with Internet Connection
If you have a good strength of internet connection, then only we would suggest you connect the PS4 with it. You can also do that with the help of Wi-Fi or LAN cable.
- Link up the PS4 with an internet connection through Wi-Fi or LAN cable.
- After successfully connecting it, move to the Safe Mode menu.
- From there, tap on the Update System Software option.
Wait until the updating price gets over. Now, try to start thePS4. You will be able to do that. And if you dont have any internet contention, then do the following steps to update it.;
Update the Software without Internet Connection
To update the software, make sure you have 375 MB of free space in the USB Drive. For PS4 users who lack internet contention, the steps are as follows:
Once you complete implementing the above steps, leave the PS4 for a while until the updates get installed. After the installation process gets over, you will be able to turn on the console. Or even if applying all the methods did not help you to start the PS4, we would recommend you reset the whole device to fix the error.
Ps4 Keeps Booting In Safe Mode
ps4 keeps booting safe mode
I dont know why but for some reason I cant seem to think of my PlayStation console as a computer. That has to do with the fact it has no keyboard, trackpad, or mouse. Then the fact the PS4 connect primarily to my TV, I tend to think of it along the line of a DVD player. For the life of me, I just couldnt see it as a computer.
That was until this morning when I turned it on, and it kept booting in safe mode. No matter what I did, the damn thing kept booting in safe mode. So I started googling around the internet and came across the following DIY tips on how to exit the safe mode in PS4.
Recommended Reading: Is Rainbow Six Siege Crossplay Pc Ps4
Send Your Console For Repairs
The warranty on your PlayStation 4 might cover repairs or replacements for your console. Experts will be able to look at the issues and hopefully fix them without your data being compromised. Most experts offer an option to have all of your data transferred before the repairs start. Make sure you ask about it when you take it in!
Bonus Tip: Save Money On Playstation
Use a coupon on the PlayStation site is a common way to save money. If youre sick of searching for PlayStation coupons each time you buy online, give Coupert a try.
Coupert is a 100% green and legit Chrome extension that tells you when there are coupons available for the site youre on and applies the discount automatically.
The Coupert extension also gives you;cash back when you buy from one 7,000+ participating stores.;Each time you buy from one of those stores, you earn points , which you can later redeem for cash. The extension will pop up when you check out at a participating store, and all you have to do is click Activate to earn points on your purchase. Once you accumulate $10 worth of points, you can cash out to PayPal.
Don’t Miss: How To Invite Cross Platform Rainbow Six Siege
Download The Latest Ps4 Update To Usb
In some cases, a boot loop may occur if the update process failed or was incomplete. , and try installing it via USB. If it proves unsuccessful, give the reinstallation file option a try. This file installs the system software that may be corrupt, and then it applies the latest update. If you try the second option, note that it refreshes your PS4 system to factory defaults, and all data gets deleted.
How To Get Ps4 Out Of Safe Mode Without Controller
· Updated 20/05/2021
What happens when your PS4 is stuck in safe mode? You cant control your system and you have to get out of it quickly. The problem with this is that there are no working buttons on the controller, so how do you get out of safe mode without a controller? Luckily, there are some ways to escape from PS4 Safe Mode without using a controller! We will go over them below.
Lets first understand what is PS4 safe mode and why your system is stuck on it.
Also Check: Playstation Network Create Account
Booting Via Safe Mode On The Ps4
1. Power off the PS4 by holding down the power button for several seconds. ;You will hear a beep and see the power light turn red.
2. Power on the PS4 by holding the power button down and keeping it held down. ;You will hear an initial beep when you press the power button. Wait about 7 seconds until you hear a second beep.
3. Once you hear the second beep, release the power button and the Safe Mode screens should appear. ;You will need to connect your DualShock 4 controller via a USB cable to the PS4 since Bluetooth is not active when in Safe Mode.
You will have the following options in safe mode: