Some Troubleshooting Issues When Syncing Dualshock Controller To The Ps4
Like all other electrical devices, Playstation 4 also suffers from a few troubleshooting issues. Particularly to the Controller, here are a few things that might go wrong while connecting along with the simple solutions:
There is a common issue that users face, the Controller not turning on after pressing the PS button. There is a possibility that the Controller is undercharged make sure you charge it accurately.
Even after plugging it in, the yellow charge light doesnt glow, thats a sign of internal battery being damaged, or the USB cable is faulty. Try connecting some other USB cable, and see if it charges otherwise take it to your nearest Official Sony Customer Support Service.
The second problem arises when you cant seem to connect the Controller wirelessly even if it is fully charged. In this case, either there is a problem with your console itself or the Controllers Bluetooth connectivity. If you have any other controller, try connecting that. If the other controllers work just fine, then your faulty Controller is to blame. However, you can always plug in your Controller via a USB cable.
How To Pair Two Or More Dual Shock4 Controllers To Ps4
The real fun of PS4 begins with multiplayer gaming. And to accommodate all your friends within the screen, you can connect as many as four Dual Shock 4 controllers. Pairing any other controller than your first is going to be an even more straightforward task.
Finished connected your DualShock4 controller to PS4? Then have a quick glance at how to connect PS4 to Wifi and experience the live world of gaming with friends!
You dont require a USB cable to connect PS4 controller if you already have a synced controller. Instead, you can connect them all wirelessly. Here is how to connect PS4 controller wirelessly for an additional profile:
- Step 1: Toggle up with your synced controller in the main menu of your PS4.
- Step 2: Select Settings at the far right of the row and enter.
- Step 3: Navigate to Devices from the settings menu.
- Step 4: Select Bluetooth Devices from the screen to see the list of devices paired with your console.
- Step 5: Turn on the controller you want to sync with PS4. Press and hold the PS + Share buttons on your controller for 3-5 seconds.
- Step 6: After seeing your new controller appear in the Bluetooth Devices tab, select it with your synced controller and choose to pair.
Once youve successfully paired a controller with your PS4, youll notice the color on your controller change. PS4 allots four different colors to connected players and profiles. Player 1=Blue, Player 2= Red, Player 3= Green, and Player 4=Pink.
How To Resync A Ps4 Controller
Controller giving you problems by not syncing up to your PlayStation correctly? Luckily, DualShock 4 controllers are made so that players can resync their controllers with extreme ease, thanks to a tiny hole on the back of the controller. So if your controller isn’t connecting, this is the best way to try and fix it, barring the use of a USB cable all of the time because no one wants to be tethered to their console when they don’t need to be.
Read Also: Gta Shunt Boost
Common Reasons Your Ps4 Controller Is Not Working
Not sure why your DualShockÂ® 4 controller isn’t working? Here are some possible causes, according to Asurion Experts:
- The controller’s battery is dead.
- The controller was recently paired with another device, like a different PS4 or PC.
- The controller is too far from your PlayStation and is no longer connected via BluetoothÂ®.
- The Micro-USB cable that connects your controller to the console is faulty or disconnected.
- The controller turned off due to the PlayStation’s Power Save settings.
- One or more buttons on the controller are malfunctioning or broken.
If you’re dealing with one of these issues, here are the steps you should follow to solve it.
Install The Ds4 Driver
Click on Step 1: Install the DS4 Driver button to install the needed PS4 drivers on your Windows 8.1 OS and later computer.
Click on Step 2: If on Windows 7 or below, Install 360 Driver button only if you have a Windows 7 or older OS since this OS doesnt come with the 360 drivers needed to run the DS4 drivers correctly by default. Otherwise, skip it and proceed to the next step below.
Recommended Reading: How Many Games Can 1tb Hold Xbox One
Option : Connect Via Bluetooth
Because you need to be able to control the menu, connecting via Bluetooth is only possible for a second or third controller.
How To Sync Ps4 Controller To Pc Via Bluetooth
Here is how to sync PS4 controller to PC wirelessly:
- Step 1: Turn on your PS4 Dual Shock controller.
- Step 2: Press and hold the PS + Share buttons till you see the light flash on your controller.
- Step 3: Now open the Bluetooth Settings on your PC.
- Step 4: In the Bluetooth and Other Devices menu, youll now see your PS4 controller appearing in available devices.
- Step 5: Select your PS4 controller from the list and select Pair.
Don’t Miss: How To Use Steam Controller With Dolphin
Sync A Ps4 Controller With The Official Usb Cable
Whether youre using a wired PS4 controller or a wireless one, you can sync it with the official USB cable. Why do we need to use an official USB cable? Some USB cable have exactly the same connectors though, they still could be of different specs. So we highly recommend you use the official cable in case of some syncing issues.
Note: If you lost your USB cable with the console, you can buy an official one on Sony.
1) Press the power button on your PS4 console to turn it on.
2) Connect the micro connector of your USB cable to your PS4 controller. You can find the mini USB port on the back of your controller.
3) Plug another end of your USB cable into a USB port of your console.
4) Press the PS button on your controller.
5) Now your PS 4 controller should be syncing with your console.
If you want to sync your controller wireless, it could be. Just go with the next method.
How To Connect Ps4 Controller Without A Cable
Also Check: How To Use Ps4 Controller With Project64
How To Pair A Ps4 Controller To A Windows Pc
One of the best things about PC gaming is the freedom of choice and the variety of peripherals. So, if you are stuck and cant unlock all your Super Meat Boy achievements with a keyboard, you can always make use of your PS4 controller. Pairing a PS4 controller to your PC is not as simple as an Xbox controller, but its by no means impossible. First, you will need to install DS4Windows. This software will trick your computer into recognizing your DualShock 4 as an Xbox controller.
Here is what you need to do after downloading the latest build of DS4Windows:
- Right-click on the ZIP file and select Extract All or Extract Here.
- Open the DS4 folder and double click the DS4Windows.exe file. You will be asked where you want the settings and profiles to be saved. Select either Program Folder or Appdata depending on your preference. We recommend selecting Program Folder.
- Follow the on-screen steps and install the correct driver for your Windows version.
- Plug-in your DualShock 4 into your PC with a micro USB cable, and you are good to go.
If you want to use the controller wirelessly, your PC or laptop needs to have a Bluetooth receiver built-in. Otherwise, you will need to purchase a DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor. If you have one already, heres what you need to do:
Note: Steam games are supposed to work with a PS4 controller without the need to install additional software. However, thats not always the case. We, therefore, recommend installing DS4Windows regardless.
Connecting A Dualshock 4 To A Ps Console
1. First make sure your PS4 is turned off. Then plug the small connection end of your USB cable into the port on the PS4 controller. Plug the main USB connection into the first available controller slot on the console. Then turn on your PS4.
2. The PlayStation console should automatically detect the connected controller and assign it to the first available player slot.
3. Press the PS button located in the center of the controller and you will be presented with the official login screen.
4. Choose your player account you would like to assign a controller to or create an account if you do not yet have one.
5. If you already have controller setup on your PlayStation you can unpair them to make room for new. To do this turn off the controller you would like to unpair. Then using a second PS4 controller turn on your console and go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth devices. Here you will see a list of currently paired PS4 controllers simply select the one you would like to remove and choose Delete
Recommended Reading: Ps4 Gta 5 Mod Menu 2017
How To Reset A Playstation 4 Controller
In case you are experiencing some issues while pairing the Controller to the console, you can always reset it.
Resetting the DualShock is pretty simple. Here is how you can do it:
Fixing A Ps4 Controller That Won’t Connect Or Charge
If you’re reading this, you’ve probably experienced an issue from which many PS4 owners have suffered: one moment your DualShock 4 controller is working fine, the next moment it appears completely dead. No lights will turn on, USB charging doesn’t work, resetting the controller doesn’t work. It seems that it has completely died, and no matter how many troubleshooting guides you follow, nothing fixes it. Fortunately, there’s a solution.
I’m aware of this issue because it has affected me…three times. The first time was less than three months after I bought the console the controller that came with it completely died, and after a day of troubleshooting failed to fix it, I bought a new controller . Then three months later, that second controller spontaneously died.
Finally, a couple months after that you guessed it the third controller worked, then I pushed the PS button to turn it on and it didn’t work. Nothing happened. It appeared entirely dead. I tried using the reset button, tried different variations of resetting, plugging in, and turning on the PlayStation. But nothing worked. I had three expensive, seemingly dead controllers.
Here’s the thing, though: while attempting to connect to a pair of Bluetooth headphones, I noticed that a “PlayStation Controller” was listed in the BT drop-down menu on my Mac. That meant that while the controller appeared dead, there was some charge left and it was still broadcasting for a connection.
You May Like: How To Play Ps3 Games On Ps4 Without Ps Now
How To Sync Ps4 Controller Without Cable
So, as now you already get to know the process of How to sync PS4 controller with the help of a USB cable, lets head towards the process of syncing the PS4 controller wirelessly.
Look at the PS4 Dashboard.
Now go to Settings.
Then go to Devices.
And lastly, go to Bluetooth Devices.
Now on your PS controller, Press And Hold the Share Button and PS Button for around 5 Seconds.
Now, on your PS4 dashboard, your PS4 Controller will be showing under Bluetooth Devices.
Select it, and you are good to go.
And now you are all set to use your Play station and enjoy gaming.
Connect The Ps4 Controller To Your Pc Via Usb
Now you’ll be able to connect your PS4 DualShock 4 controller to your PC. You can do this in two ways either via a USB cable or via Bluetooth.
To connect the PS4 DualShock controller to your PC via a USB cable you just need a regular micro USB cable the same one that comes with many modern smartphones.
Once you’ve plugged the cable into both the DualShock controller and your PC, Windows should detect it, and you’ll be ready to play PC games using the PS4 controller.
Recommended Reading: How Much Leather For 15 Bookshelves
Guide: How To Connect A Ps4 Controller Without A Cable
Michael Harradence / December 8, 2021
How To Connect A PS4 Controller Without A Cable, How To Pair PS4 Controller Wirelessly, PS4 Controller, How To Connect PS4 Pad Without Cable If youre looking to pair your shiny new Sony DualShock 4 with your PS4 or add a new pad to your console, then you could simply use a USB cable. However, plenty of folk are curious about how to connect a PS4 controller without a cable.
Luckily, its a pretty easy process! Read our guide below.
How To Sync The Ps4 Controller Wirelessly
Read Also: Dolphin 5.0 Ps4 Controller
Alternative: How To Go Usb
Its also possible to skip over the Bluetooth wireless connection and play with your DualShock 4 as a wired controller, with a USB-enabled connection. Thats obviously not ideal when you could potentially play wirelessly, but its a potential workaround when connectivity and signal issues persist. You can set a controller to only communicate with the PS4 via USB when its plugged in by changing the controller settings in the Devices menu, as noted above. Under Devices, navigate to Controllers, and then set any controllers to only communicate via USB when theyre plugged in. That way, signal issues or Bluetooth problems shouldnt affect the controller, so long as youve got a wired connection.
Thinking about upgrading to the new PS5? Take a look at our guide to see how the PS4 and PS5 compare.
How To Connect Ps4 Controller To Pc
The choice between console and PC gaming is what causes a rift in the gaming community. On the one hand, you have incredibly accurate and sensitive reactions on your PCs mouse and keyboard. While on the other, you have the naturally fitting analogs with comfort on a Dual Shock 4 controller for PS4.
However loyal you are to the keyboard and mouse, nothing beats the experience of a DS4 controller in games like Uncharted IV and Final Fantasy VII. But if you want to enjoy the best of both worlds in gaming, youll be delighted to know you can connect a DS4 controller to your PC.
Are you switching to a PC for playing games because your PS4 is overheating? Read our article to find a quick fix for the problem and revive your old gaming experience on the PS4 console!
Connecting your PS4 Dual Shock controller to a PC is simple but requires installing software as a prerequisite. You can do this either viaSteam or DS4Windows . Once youve installed either of the two software on your PC, you can then connect PS4 controller to PC in one of the following ways.
Already have a Steam account but cant download or install new games? Read our article to learn how to fix the Steam Disk Write Error.
You May Like: Ps4 Year Release
Ps4 Controller Buttons Aren’t Working
Check the buttons to see if anything is sticky, loose, or cracked. If a button is broken, you’ve likely found your issue. If the button just needs to be cleaned, try using a cotton swab or microfiber cloth dipped in a liquid formula specifically made for electronics to gently wipe on and around the button. Never use harsh liquid cleaners or pour liquid directly on your controller.
How To Sync A Ps4 Controller To A Ps4
To sync a controller with the system, especially for the first time, you’ll need a USB cable any USB 2.0 Micro-B cable can connect the DualShock 4 to the console, and although there are only two USB ports on the system, you can sync up to four controllers per player account.
Before turning on your PS4, plug the small end of your USB cable into the port on top of the controller plug the other end into one of the USB ports on the front of the console.
Turn on your PS4 by pressing the console’s power button. It should automatically detect your connected controller and assign it to the first available player slot.
Press the PS button in the center of the controller and youll see the login screen where you can choose a player account or create one.
Lifewire / Robert Earl Wells III
From now on, pressing the PS button on the controller will automatically turn on the console so long as it has a charge.
Also Check: How Do I Sign Into The Playstation Network