Use The Ps4s Broadcast Feature
The PS4 and PS4 Pro have a broadcast feature built into the operating system. With it, you can automatically start streaming your gameplay to Twitch and YouTube, all with a few clicks of your X button. That said, there are some downsides when it comes to console streaming.
Streaming requires computing resources and, considering the PS4 is already operating on thin margins when it comes to rendering games, that could lead to a choppy stream. Furthermore, there are limited controls when it comes to the quality of your stream. If you want finer control over how you broadcast, we recommend method two.
Still, the broadcast feature is convenient, and a sure way to show the world your gameplay in an instant. Follow the steps below to get set up quickly.
Adjust Your Video Settings
All thats left to do is launch a game. Once you do, youll be able to open the share overlay by clicking the you guessed it Share button on your controller. With this overlay, you can take a screenshot, share your gameplay with a friend, and more. For the purposes of this guide, click on Broadcast gameplay.
Dont worry, you wont start streaming right away. Before sending you live, the PS4 will ask for your video stream settings, as well as the platform you want to stream to. There arent a ton of settings, but you can still adjust the video quality, give your stream a name, and choose if you want to broadcast your PlayStation Camera and microphone.
Finally, hit Start broadcasting;and youll be sent live. There are some advanced settings you can tinker with, but theyre not necessary for most people.
The Impact A Good Overlay Can Do For You
A good overlay is pretty crucial to upgrading the stream experience your viewers receive. Capable of showcasing your brand, a compilation of nice designs that will appeal to anyone watching, as well as give back to those viewers who are really dedicated through alerts are the reasons why an overlay is almost essential! Streaming with an overlay extends to more than the viewing experience as it also directly impacts how a browsing viewer notices you through an eye-catching design in the streaming platform. Something to note is that streaming your PS4 to your computer allows you to have more options for when you are considering going beyond just streaming.
You May Like: How To Turn On Cheats Sims 4 Ps4
How To Start A Broadcast On Ps4
While playing a game, press the SHARE button on your DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller >Broadcast Gameplay;and select a service.
Sign in to your streaming account and adjust the settings such as Microphone/PlayStation Camera inclusion, and the display of Spectators Comments.;
To adjust your Broadcast while streaming, press the OPTIONS button to reveal the Advanced Broadcast menu.
How To Stream Nintendo Switch On Youtube:
- Go to YouTube.com and Log in/ Sign up with your account
- Create a Channel, Go to Dashboard, and on the left panel select Live Streaming
- Fill the Basic Info, Stream Options, Monetization, and Cards, if you have any
- Add the Title and Description, Category, and the Privacy settings
- In the Encoder Setup, click Reveal to showcase your Stream name/key
- Go back to the OBS program
- Click File > Settings > Streaming and select YouTube / YouTube Gaming in the service tab
- Now select Primary YouTube Input Server
- Paste the Stream Key in the box and select OK
Also Check: How To Pair Ps4 Remote
Set Up Your Streaming Client
Speaking of streaming clients, youll need a separate piece of software to stream when youre using a capture card. Most capture cards come with some form of streaming or editing software bundled in. We recommend OBS, however. Its open-source, easy to use, highly flexible, and, above all else, free.
With it, you can set up multiple scenes, add transitions to them, and do picture-in-picture. Well leave the finer points of the software for you to discover on your own. For the purposes of this guide, well show you how to get your PS4 running. Before streaming, youll need to connect your accounts, which you can do following the steps below.
- Open OBS and click Settings.
- Select Stream.
- Choose your streaming service and connect your account.
OBS supports Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and just about every other streaming platform. You can connect your account by logging in through OBS, but you dont need to. All OBS requires is a stream key, which you can find in your account on Twitch, and the like.
Still in the settings, youll need to adjust some video controls. Under the Advanced tab, make sure you set your process priority to High;or Above normal.;That way, OBS will take more resources to send your stream. If youre having a choppy experience, closing some background apps can help, too.
How To Stream Nintendo Switch On Twitch:
- Go to twitch.tv and Sign up/log in to your account
- Click on your name on the top right corner and select Dashboard
- Switch to the Settings tab and press the button Show Key
- Go back to the OBS program
- Click File > Settings > Streaming and select Twitch in the service tab
- Now select Server which is closest to your home
- You can search on the Internet which Twitch server is closest to you
- Paste the Stream Key in the box and select OK
A preview will showcase on your Stream channel, where you can check how your stream looks. If you want to customize more settings, do it from here.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Backup Codes Ps4 Without Signing In
Things You Need To Get Started:
- Nintendo Switch: Well, of course, you need your console to get started with the streaming.
- Microphone: If you have plans to speak while stream, you need a Microphone.
- Computer: This is the brains of all the process, a PC or a Laptop will do the trick.
- Capture Card: This device allows you to stream console videos on the internet.
- Headset: For a seamless sound experience, its compulsory.
- Webcam: For a live reaction to your videos, you need this.
The main investment here is the Capture card, excluding the computer.
How To Stream On Ps4
Streaming is more popular than ever, with creators dashing to share their experiences in Fortnite, PUBG, Overwatch, and more. In this guide, well be showing the Sony fans among you how to stream on PlayStation 4 using a capture card and with the PS4s built-in streaming capabilities.
Although the PS4s streaming ability is impressive, its not suited for those who want a full stream with commentary, interactions in chat, and overlays. Still, well show you both methods for streaming on PS4 so you can broadcast your gameplay to Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and more.
Also Check: Playstation 4 Activation
Capture Card Vs Remote Play
Primarily, a capture card allows much higher gaming quality, with zero latency between the PS4 and the TV that youre playing on- which is critical for reaction speed based games such as online shooters. From a streaming perspective, it also enables a cleaner gaming experience, as the PS4 output is native and uncluttered.;
Using the Remote Play app can be almost impossible for high levels of reaction based gameplay, due to significant latency between the PS4 and the computer youre viewing and recording from. It can also suffer from graphics inconsistencies and glitches, like broken pixels and the occasional stutter/freeze. While it is a fantastic option for getting into streaming with a PS4, and a great way to start using twitch overlays sooner, for competitive gameplay its probably best to stick with native streaming from the PS4.
Stream A Game On Your Ps4
1. Start the game you want to stream.;
2. Press the Share button on your controller. Don’t hold the button down just tap it once.;
3. Select “Broadcast Gameplay.”
4. On the Broadcast Gameplay page, choose the streaming service you want to stream to either Twitch or YouTube.
5. Before you can start streaming, choose your video options. You can give the stream a title, for example, as well as choose your video quality. You can also scroll down to invite friends to the stream. If you have a PlayStation Camera installed, you can also include live video of yourself in the stream.
6. Select “Start Broadcasting.”
You’re now streaming video to the service you selected.;
Streaming Directly From The Ps4 Limits Your Potential
Streaming directly from your PS4 isnt an option you should consider thanks to its inability to provide an amazing viewing experience. When you attempt to stream directly from your PlayStation 4 you are only given a few options to choose through, when you are trying to create an immersive streaming experience this just isnt enough. You can get away with 720p 60fps but you really arent living up to your potential, and no overlays is going to seriously restrict your growth. What you can do instead is take the feed of your PS4 and transfer it to the computer so that can be streamed. Not only can you expect a better streaming experience playing-wise but it will also let you stream PS4 on twitch with overlay enabled.
Link Your Accounts To The Ps4
1. Using your controller, select “Settings.”
3. Select “Link with Other Services.”
4. Choose the service you want to use either Twitch or YouTube.
5. Follow the sign-in instructions. Both Twitch and YouTube make it easy to sign in with your existing account. However, you may need to use a computer or mobile device Twitch, for example, asks you to enter a code into a web browser to confirm your identity and connect your PS4.
Don’t Miss: Is Half Life Alyx On Ps4
Obs Guide: Using A Capture Card For Ps4
StreamerSquare would like to thank JD_White for their help putting this guide together! If you have any questions or problems, feel free to stop his stream or by our StreamerSquare discord and give him a ping @JD_White.
Today, were going to go through the basic steps of how to connect your PS4 to your streaming PC using an Elgato HD60 capture card and OBS/SLOBS software.
Step 1: Gather your supplies!
You will need the following list of things before you start:
- 2 HDMI Cables
- 1 Micro USB to USB Cable
- A monitor with HDMI connections
- Your streaming PC/Laptop
- Elgato Game Capture Card
Step 2: Connecting all the things
The capture card is the center of the whole operation by connecting to every piece of your setup. Start by plugging your PS4 into your capture cards HDMI port labeled In and your Display into your capture cards HDMI port labeled Out. Then, take the Mini-USB cord provided with the capture card and plug that into your PC.
Step 3: Download and install software
Next, head over to Elgatos support site, download and install the Game Capture software, or install the software that came with your capture card in the package.
You dont need to leave this software up and running after installing. Its just to let your PC and capture card talk to each other.
Step 4: Disable HDCP setting on your PS4
You can find this setting in the Settings menu on your home screen, then under the System menu.
Step 5: Getting OBS on board with your new capture card
Step 7 STREAM!
How To Stream Nintendo Switch On Facebook:
- Go to and Log in/ Sign up with your account
- Go to your Channel / Page > Publication tools > Videos and then select Live Streaming
- In the Live Stream Setup tab, copy Stream Key
- Go back to the OBS program
- Click File > Settings > Streaming and select in the service tab
- Now select Default Server
- Paste the Stream Key in the box and select OK
You May Like: Nba 2k20 Alley Oop Ps4
Make Your Stream The Best It Can Be
Whichever option you choose, take it seriously and leverage the power of free broadcasting software and an awesome free stream overlay to deliver the greatest experience to your viewers. If you cant decide which streaming software to use, check out our article on the best streaming software to use in 2020!;
What are you waiting for? Start streaming today!
How To Stream Your Ps4 Gameplay Without A Capture Card
Start with downloading Remote Play client for Windows or MAC and install it:
2. Select a path fror installation and proceed:
3. Let the system check for the updates:
4. Connect your DUALSHOCK 4 controller over USB to your PC, then click Start:
5. Familiarize yourself with Sony data collection policies and continue:
6. Log in to your PSN account you have set up on your PlayStation 4:
7. If both PC and PlayStation 4 are connected to the Internet, you will have to wait for a minute for them to sync:
8. You will see your PlayStation screen in a window on your PC.
9. This window can be used as a source in any encoder, OBS for instance:
10. Name the source to make it clear what it is, and confirm it’s addition:
11. Select the proper window for the window capture source – it’s called RemotePlay.exe:
12. You now have your PlayStation 4 screen inside your encoder, and you can start streaming:
Note: If you have a wireless connection between ps4 and pc you may have bad video quality. For the best experience connect both devices with Ethernet cables.
Don’t Miss: How To Dunk Nba 2k20 Ps4
How To Stream On Nintendo Switch With Capture Card:
Heres an overview of how to get started with Nintendo Switch streaming
Playstation 4 Wiki Guide
PS4 users may livestream gameplay to Twitch and Ustream video services. By pressing the Share button in-game and selecting Broadcast Gameplay, users can link their PS4 with a Twitch or Ustream account and then stream video almost instantly. You can also use Playstation Eye with this feature, which will give you the option to either be enable or disable this feature.
Menu options allow the broadcaster to activate or mute the PS4 mic to provide voice-over commentary, mute in-game audio, make comments visible, send links automatically to Twitter and Facebook, and add comments.
Recommended Reading: Why Is My Ps4 Controller Flashing White
Recording Your Ps4 Stream Through Obs
If you plan to eventually branch away from just live streams or want to have a backup of streams for reliability, connecting your PS4 to your PC is the best option. Broadcasting software like OBS/Streamlabs and others allow you to not just live stream but also record it making it a great multitool all around. The settings that you have set for your live stream can be immediately used when recording allowing for a seamless transition. By having recordings of your Playstation 4 on your computer you can then use it to upload your streams to a platform like Youtube so that people can rewatch it whenever. Otherwise, you can use the recording in another planned project if you want to take that area more seriously.
Setting Up Your Stream
Finally, you can close the settings. Now, its time to set up your stream. Youll need to add your capture card input as a source in OBS, which you can do by clicking the plus button under the ;area. There are a handful of settings you can tinker with when it comes to new sources, but leaving everything as default should be fine.
There are a variety of ways you can improve your overall streaming experience if you find yourself wanting more. One thing you can do is try using different sources and scenes to enhance your enjoyment. OBS allows users to scale and move sources around the streaming window however they please. With this freedom, you can easily implement cool features such as overlays, webcams, and comment tickers in your stream. Thats not all; you can also use the Scenes section to sprinkle overlays into the starting portions of your stream as well as throughout your transitions.
Recommended Reading: How To Clear Cache Ps4
How To Stream Playstation 4 Games On Pc Without A Capture Card
It’s fairly easy to start streaming your PS4 gameplay to several platforms with Restream even if you don’t have a capture card. To do this you’ll need to capture Remote Play client on your computer, and stream it with any software, like OBS. It will allow you to add overlays to your stream, and also to stream to Restream to send your video to several platforms at once.
What Are The Options For Making It Work
How you go about setting up your PS4 to link to your PC is pretty simple, theres basically only two options to consider. The first is free, easily set up and definitely the most painless way to go about it, and thats using Playstations Remote Play software. Essentially, you can install an official app onto your computer that receives the video and audio feed from the Playstation through ethernet or wifi. You can control the Playstation through a regular Dualshock 2 controller connected to your computer via USB or bluetooth.;
The other option is a capture card, which is a physical unit that essentially allows you to split the HDMI signal between external devices, and allows a computer to read the signal as a video feed input, like a webcam. While significantly more expensive than the free of the remote play option, there are some significant advantages.;
Read Also: Restore Licenses Ps4 Gameshare