Case : Sync Multiple Ps4 Controller Wirelessly
How to sync a PS4 controller? Once a controller has synced with the PS4 system, you can add more controllers wirelessly. Heres how to do.
Step 1: Find the Settings via the synced controller above the PS4 main menu icons.
Step 2: Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices. You will see all the devices that sync with your console at present.
Step 3: Hold the PS and the buttons on the PS4 controller at the same time for about 5 seconds.
Step 4: After the new controller appears in the Bluetooth device list, choose it together with other controllers. Then, the new controller is sync with your PS4.
How To Sync A Ps4 Controller To A Ps3
Follow the step-by-step guide for syncing your PS4 controller with PS3.
- First Pug in the PS4 controller using the USB cable.
- Now Go to Accessory Settings.
- And then Manage Bluetooth Devices.
- Now Scan for Available Bluetooth Devices.
- Now Unplug the PS4.
- And press the Share and PS buttons at the same time.
- Once you are able to find the device, plug in the PS4 back.
- Now select the Wireless Control.
Congratulations! You are all set to use the PS4 controller on your PS3. Happy gaming!
There is something that you should know that after syncing the PS4 controller with your PS3, it will work as a bit of a generic controller.
So, you will not be able to use all the features of your PS4. Some features like Sixaxis Motion and rumble will not work.
So as now you know how to sync PS4 controller in both ways, with wire, and without wire. Plus, you also get a bonus as I have shared how to sync PS4 controller with PS3. Make sure you are following the guide properly for hassle-free gaming enjoyment.
Making Your Ps4 Controller Discoverable
Pair your DualShock4 controller with your Bluetooth dongle by making your PS4 controller discoverable. To do this, press the and the PlayStation button for three seconds, or until the light bar at the top of the controller shows a double blinking pattern.
Note: if the PS4 system your controller is synced to is still plugged up, then your controller might try to connect to it if you press the PS button.
You May Like: How To Watch Directv On Playstation 4
How To Reset Your Ps4 Controller
1. Get a thin sharp implement A safety pin or a needle is ideal 2. Look at the back of the DS4 3. Find the small hole next to the left of the screw on the top right on the controller 4. Push your implement into the hole and hold it down for a few seconds 5. Repeat the steps on how to sync a PS4 controller
Still not working?
Theres a few things now that you could also try.
1. Your mini-USB synching lead it faulty. Do you have a new one you could try? 2. Unplug the PS4, connect controller to USB and power if back up.
How To Use A Ps4 Controller With Nintendo Switch Consoles
Wireless adapters only work while the Switch is connected to the Dock or with a USB-C adapter.
On your Switch, go into the System Settings.
Select Pro Controller Wired Communications to turn it on.
With your Switch docked and awake, push the Pairing button on your wireless adapter.
On the PS4 DualShock Controller, hold down the PS button and simultaneously. The indicator light will blink white to show it’s in pairing mode.
Once the white blinking on the PS4 DualShock controller turns solid blue, it should be paired. If it’s not, follow the steps again.
So, there you have it. Now you know how to use a PS4 controller with Nintendo Switch consoles. It’s time for some serious gaming. The Joy-Cons are certainly fun, but sometimes you might want a controller with a little more heft to it. If you don’t want to plunk down some cash on a Nintendo Pro Controller, this is a great workaround.
Don’t Miss: Project 64 Ps4 Controller
How To Emulate An Xbox Controller With A Ps4 Controller
RELATED:Why You Should Get an Xbox Controller for PC Gaming
Xbox 360 controllersand Xbox One controllers, now that Microsoft has finally released the necessary driversare usually best for PC gaming. Many PC games are designed specifically to work with Xbox controllers. Many games also require xinput input, which Xbox controllers provide, but other types of controllers dont.
If youre using a a PS4 controller with an emulator to play older games, you could easily configure the emulator to accept the controllers button presses. If youre using it with a PC game, you may need to open the PC games control-settings and configure the game to respond to the controllers inputs.
But for games that expect an Xbox controller, you may have to emulate xinput. This will convert the PS4 controllers input to the equivalent Xbox button presses, and games will just work with the DualShock 4 just like they would with an Xbox controller. Theyll just think youre just using an Xbox controller.
Sony hasnt released any official drivers for the PlayStation 4 controller on a PC, so theres no official way to do this. There are tools for emulating xinput with a PS4, but theyre unofficial, third-party tools developed by the community.
We recommend the free Input Mapper program. This tool will also helpfully show the battery level of your controller, which is something you wont normally be able to see in Windows.
Why Is My Ps4 Controller Not Connecting
A very common and convenient solution to this problem is using a different USB cable. Try to connect your PS4 controller with another USB cable. Or you also can try resetting your PS4 controller to solve this issue. Behind the l2 button on the back of the PS4 controller, you will find the reset button. Press the button, and the issue will be resolved.
In case, after trying these two methods, your controller is not connecting, you may need help from Sony on how to sync PS4 controller.
Don’t Miss: How To Split Screen On Fortnite Ps4
How To Connect Ps4 Controller To Pc
The choice between console and PC gaming is what causes a rift in the gaming community. On the one hand, you have incredibly accurate and sensitive reactions on your PCs mouse and keyboard. While on the other, you have the naturally fitting analogs with comfort on a Dual Shock 4 controller for PS4.
However loyal you are to the keyboard and mouse, nothing beats the experience of a DS4 controller in games like Uncharted IV and Final Fantasy.
However loyal you are to the keyboard and mouse, nothing beats the experience of a DS4 controller in games like Uncharted IV and Final Fantasy VII. But if you want to enjoy the best of both worlds in gaming, youll be delighted to know you can connect a DS4 controller to your PC.
Are you switching to a PC for playing games because your PS4 is overheating? Read our article to find a quick fix for the problem and revive your old gaming experience on the PS4 console!
Connecting your PS4 Dual Shock controller to a PC is simple but requires installing software as a prerequisite. You can do this either viaSteam or DS4Windows . Once youve installed either of the two software on your PC, you can then connect PS4 controller to PC in one of the following ways.
Already have a Steam account but cant download or install new games? Read our article to learn how to fix the Steam Disk Write Error.
How To Pair A Ps4 Dualshock 4 Controller With Your Iphone Or Ipad
It took a long time, but now the iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV finally support PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 controllers and some models of Xbox One controllers. Its super easy to set up these controllers, too, as youll see below.
For this story, well focus on pairing the Sony DualShock 4 with an iPhone or iPad. All you need is an iPhone or iPad running iOS 13 or iPadOS 13 or later and any model of wireless DualShock 4 controller for the PlayStation 4.
Heres how to get in the action.
Don’t Miss: How Many Bookshelves For Max Enchantment Ps4
How To Sync Ps4 Controller To Pc Via Bluetooth
Here is how to sync PS4 controller to PC wirelessly:
- Step 1: Turn on your PS4 Dual Shock controller.
- Step 2: Press and hold the PS + Share buttons till you see the light flash on your controller.
- Step 3: Now open the Bluetooth Settings on your PC.
- Step 4: In the Bluetooth and Other Devices menu, youll now see your PS4 controller appearing in available devices.
- Step 5: Select your PS4 controller from the list and select Pair.
Option : Connect Via Bluetooth
Because you need to be able to control the menu, connecting via Bluetooth is only possible for a second or third controller.
Read Also: How To Use Ps4 Controller On Dolphin
How To Sync A Ps4 Controller Wirelessly
1. On your PS4, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices 2. Hold down the PS button and SHARE button on your controller at the same time 3. Keep them held down for approximately 5 seconds 4. Select the controller on the Bluetooth screen on your PS4 to complete the pairing.
Still not working? Lets try resetting your PS4 controller
Additional Information About Syncing Ps4 Controller
If there are some issues with the pairing operation, you need to unpair and then re-pair it again. If the pairing issue has no relation with power source and cable, you need to reset PlayStation 4 and controller to re-pair the controller.
Step 1: Utilize another controller and turn on the console. Go to PS4 Settings > Blue > Bluetooth Devices. After selecting the target controller, click on X.
Step 2: Click on the Options button on the controller, and then choose Forget Device on the context menu. Then, repeat the Step 1 to Step 3 of Case 1 to re-pair controller.
Now, you may have answers to the question how to sync PS4 controller. You can pick one method according to your actual demand.
Don’t Miss: How To Connect Bluetooth Headset To Ps4
How To Pair Two Or More Dual Shock4 Controllers To Ps4
The real fun of PS4 begins with multiplayer gaming. And to accommodate all your friends within the screen, you can connect as many as four Dual Shock 4 controllers. Pairing any other controller than your first is going to be an even more straightforward task.
Finished connected your DualShock4 controller to PS4? Then have a quick glance at how to connect PS4 to Wifi and experience the live world of gaming with friends!
You dont require a USB cable to connect PS4 controller if you already have a synced controller. Instead, you can connect them all wirelessly. Here is how to connect PS4 controller wirelessly for an additional profile:
- Step 1: Toggle up with your synced controller in the main menu of your PS4.
- Step 2: Select Settings at the far right of the row and enter.
- Step 3: Navigate to Devices from the settings menu.
- Step 4: Select Bluetooth Devices from the screen to see the list of devices paired with your console.
- Step 5: Turn on the controller you want to sync with PS4. Press and hold the PS + Share buttons on your controller for 3-5 seconds.
- Step 6: After seeing your new controller appear in the Bluetooth Devices tab, select it with your synced controller and choose to pair.
Once youve successfully paired a controller with your PS4, youll notice the color on your controller change. PS4 allots four different colors to connected players and profiles. Player 1=Blue, Player 2= Red, Player 3= Green, and Player 4=Pink.
Connect Your New Ps4 Controller To Ps4 With Usb Cable
If youre using a wired PS4 controller, follow these:
1) Press the power button on your PS4 console to turn it on.
2) Plug the other end of your PS4 controller wire into the USB port of your console.
3) Press the PS button of your controller and hold it down for around 3 seconds.
4) Your wired PS4 controller should then be connected to the console.
If youre using wireless PS4 controllers, follow these:
1) Press the power button on your PS4 console to turn it on.
2) Connect the micro connector of your USB cable to your PS4 controller. You can find the mini USB port on the back of your controller.
3) Plug the other end of your USB cable into the console.
4) Press the PS button of your controller and hold it down for around 3 seconds.
5) Your wired PS4 controller should then be connected to the console. You can unplug the USB cable and enjoy your games wirelessly now.
6) If you want to add a second or more wireless controllers, just use the same USB cable follow these same steps, and set it to be the New User on your dashboard.
Read Also: Ps4 Controller N64 Emulator
Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller Audio Settings
If you have headphones plugged into the 3.5mm headphone jack on the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller and you hear no audio, or the audio from the headphones is very faint, make sure the headphone plug is pushed all the way in. Unplug and then firmly reinsert the headphones.
To route all audio output to headphones:
Go to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices.
Select Output to Headphones > All Audio.
Highlight the Volume Control option and press Right on the D-pad to make sure the controller’s volume is turned up.
If Output to Headphones is greyed out, that means the headphones are not detected by the controller.
How To Sync Ps4 Controller With Cable
It does not matter whether you are using a PS$ controller with or without wire. You can always use an official USB cable for syncing your PS4 controller to your PS4. Why am I using the word officially repeatedly with the USB cable?
It is because there are several USB cables that have the exact same connectors but comes with different specifications. So, it is highly recommended only to use the official cable for any syncing issue.
Now follow the below-mentioned steps for the syncing.
- To power on your PS4 console, press the power button.
- Now connect the side of the micro connector of the official USB cable to the PS4 controller. On the back of your controller, you will find the particular mini USB port.
- Now, plug the other connector end of the official USB cable into a specific USB port on your PS4 console.
- On your controller, press the button written PS.
- Your PS4 controller must sync with your PS console now.
In case you are willing to sync your PS4 controller wirelessly, you can follow another method that I have explained.
Don’t Miss: How To Connect Ps4 Controller Bluetooth Pc
How To Connect A Ps4 Controller To A Pc
You can connect the controller to your computer with the included USB-to-micro-USB cablethe same one you use with your PS4and use it as a wired controller. It will just work without any additional setup.
If you want to connect your controller wirelessly, Sony recommends you purchase the official DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adapter .
To wirelessly connect your PlayStation 4 controller with a PC without any additional hardware, youll need to put it in Bluetooth pairing mode. Many people report the controllers Bluetooth connection can be a bit flaky on PC, depending on your Bluetooth chipset and drivers, so you may want to use a wired connection or an official wireless adapter if you experience problems.
RELATED:How to Pair a Bluetooth Device to Your Computer, Tablet, or Phone
Heres how to pair your controller wirelessly over Bluetooth, if you prefer: First, turn off the controller if its already on. If its on and paired with a PlayStation 4, hold down the PlayStation button and then select the Log Out of PS4 or Enter Rest Mode option in the menu that appears on your TV. The controller will turn off.
Next, put the controller into pairing mode. Press the PlayStation button and the Share button on the controller at the same time, and hold them down. The light bar on the controller will start flashing. This indicates the controller is in Bluetooth pairing mode.
Connect The Controller Via Usb
Your first step should be to connect the controller using the microUSB cable that’s usually used to charge it.
Try these steps:
1. Turn on the PS4.
2. Ensure the cable is securely inserted in the back of the PS4, and then plug the other end into the controller.
3. Wait 30 to 60 minutes to allow the controller to charge.
4. Press the PS button on the controller. You’ll hear a beep and the controller should pair with the console.
5. If the controller and PS4 don’t pair, the cable might be faulty use a different microUSB cable and try again, waiting for the controller to charge before you attempt to pair the controller.
Also Check: How To Turn Off Parental Controls On Ps4 For Fortnite
Troubleshooting: Ps4 Wireless Connectivity Problems
If your controller wont turn on when you hit the PS button, plug it into the PS4 to make sure it has a charge. If the light bar doesn’t glow, it could be a problem with your USB cable, or the controller’s internal battery could be damaged. If you have an extra cable handy, try using that instead to eliminate the first possibility.
If the controller can’t connect to the console wirelessly even though it is charged, then the problem lies with either your console or your controller’s Bluetooth connectivity. If your other PS4 controllers are working wirelessly, the faulty controller is to blame. Nonetheless, you can continue playing with the controller connected to the console via a USB.
If you’re unable to pair a PS4 controller with your console, try resetting it.