Sign Into The Sony Mobile Site
Open your computers web browser
Enter sonymobile.com in the browser bar and press enter, or click on the link provided here.
In the text box labeled E-mail address, enter the address you use to log in to the PlayStation account that you want to change the age for.
When the next page loads, enter your password into the Password text box and click on the blue Sign In button.
How Do You Upgrade Your Kids Account On Ps4
When a child turns 18. There will be a notification to Upgrade your PlayStation Account as you become an Adult Family Member. In that case, follow these easy steps.
- First Go to Settings
- After that Account Information
- Then click on Upgrade Your Account.
- Verify all the details and click Continue and follow the given instructions. Your account will be updated.
Xbox One / Xbox Series S Or X
If you do have Xbox Live Gold, this might mean that there are restrictions keeping you from connecting. You can try changing this yourself:
If you don’t have Xbox Live Gold, though, additional research shows that this “account privileges” error message can occur on Xbox when there are restrictions set in place in the Xbox Dashboard. It is usually because players have a privacy and online setting that might be set to “Block” that should be set to “Allow.”
- Try changing the specific settings “Share content using Kinect” and “You can see and share content.” You need to set these to “Allow” and “Everybody” respectively. Go to your settings and then on the left go to “Privacy and Online Settings”. Click on “Customs.”
If this wasn’t the problem then the problem may be that you have multiple Live accounts logged in simultaneously. Try logging out of all Gamertags, and only sign in with the one you want to use: Xbox Button > Home Screen > Scroll Left
If any of those accounts are restricted in any way
- Try logging out of that account or change the account restrictions in Settings.
Don’t Miss: How To Connect Ps4 Controller To Dolphin
Setting Playstation 4 Parental Controls Instructions:
Finding the Parental Controls Options
From the Home screen, scroll up to get to the Function screen. Scroll right to Settings and select it by pressing the X button. Then select Parental Controls/Family Management to view two different types of parental controls. Here is an overview of each type of parental controls to help you choose whats best for your family.
Choosing PS4 System Restrictions
PS4 System Restrictions apply to all users on your PS4 system.
- 10 AO
Choosing Family Management
Play Time Controls
How Do I Get Onto Psn
- First, youll need your Responsible Adult to say its OK to sign up.
- With their help, you can create your account for PSN when you switch on your console .
- When you create your account, its important that everything you tell us is true, especially your birthday dont pretend to be older than you are.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Mods On Sims 4 Ps4
You Can Turn Off Internet Browsing Entirely Or Use Sony’s Subscription
You can also turn off the ability for your kid to browse the Web on their PS4. Go to the Applications and Devices section on the Family Management screen.
Dont Tell Anyone On Psn Too Much About Yourself
- Do not tell people your real name, where you live or where you go to school. Do not send anyone pictures of yourself or anyone else.
- Never go to meet anyone from PSN in real life without taking your Responsible Adult.
There are a lot more rules for using PSN. You should ask your Responsible Adult to read them to you when you join and explain anything you dont understand.
Recommended Reading: Is Rainbow Six Siege Crossplay Pc Ps4
How To Set Up Parental Controls On A Sony Ps4
As an entertainment center for the whole family, the Sony PlayStation 4 does not prevent your child from accessing or viewing inappropriate content. Therefore, it is a must to enable your consoles parental controls so that using the PS4 is safe for young household members even when youre not around. To configure the Parental Control feature of your Sony PlayStation 4 console, follow the steps below:
I. Access the Consoles Parental Controls Setting
STEP 1:On your PS4 Home screen, scroll up then select Settings.
STEP 2:Select Parental Controls, then select the Sub Account Management.
NOTE:If you select Restrict Use of PS4 Features, this will restrict content for all PS4 users.
II. Create a Sub Account
STEP 1:Under Sub Account Management, select Create New Sub Account.
STEP 2:On the next screen, select your childs date of birth and preferred language from the drop-down lists, then select Next.
STEP 3:Enter your childs email address and password, then re-enter it in the Confirm Password field, and then select Next.
STEP 4:Select your appropriate location, which should also match the location and postal code information you have set on your own profile, then select Next.
III. Select Content to Block or Allow
IV. Set Access Restrictions
NOTE:The following steps will help you determine what kind of content or media your child will have access to. If youre already confident with your current settings, you can just skip this part.
Recent Knowledge Base Posts
What Can I Do On Psn
If you are old enough to have an account, and your Responsible Adult gives you permission to sign up, your PSN account will let you:
- Play games on the internet with people.
- Chat and message with people.
- Buy and download or stream new games.
- Buy and download some movies and tv shows.
Your Responsible Adult may choose to limit some of these activities so talk to them about what you can and cannot do with your PSN account.
You May Like: How To Calibrate Ps4 Vr
How To Set Time Limits
Controlling what your kid plays is one thing, but limiting their play time, to make sure they get their homework and chores done is another. The PlayStation 4’s Version 5.5 software update enriches the system’s parental controls by adding playtime limits.
This option appears at the end of the process for setting up a new family member account. If you’ve already created a sub account , you’ll want to open that account in the Parental Controls/Family Management page to find Play Time Controls. If you’d rather do this all on a web browser, sign in at this page, where you select a user and click Edit next to Play Time Settings.
1. next to Play Time Restrictions.
2. Select Restrict.
3. next to “When Play Time Ends.”
4. Select Log Out of PS4. Unless you want to give them time to save their game, then keep Notify Only enabled. It’s a matter of how much you trust your kid.
5. Select the box next to Every Day.
6. Adjust the total play time allowed, and the hours when your child can play games.
7. Check the box next to By Days Of The Week to set specific limits for each day of the week. This way, your kid can play more on non-school nights than they play on school nights.
8. To view your child’s activity online, sign in at this page. From the Family Management page, you can add new family members and change settings.
How To Check Your Playstation Network Account Age
Before you proceed to change your PS4 account age, make sure that you confirm if your age is indeed incorrect. Unfortunately, Sony no longer provides the age on the account for security reasons. While this is not a problem for most, especially those who put in the correct information in the first place, it can be quite a headache if you are locked out of your Sony account or any Sony services like a PlayStation Network account as you can be locked out of your account forever if you cant prove your identity using your birth date.
As your PSN account does not show your age or birth date in your account management page, the only to check your PlayStation Network account age is by going to account.sonymobile.com. This is the same site where you can change your birthdate as well. Well show you the steps below.
In order to avoid future inconvenience, we highly recommend that you enter the correct age or birthdate when creating your account.
Don’t Miss: How To Split Screen On Fortnite Ps4
This Allows You To Set Up A Monthly Spending Limit In The Playstation Store
How Do I Change My Age On My Psn Account
Why change your age on the PS4 and PS5?
Also Check: How To Split Screen Fortnite On Ps4
Input The Desired Birthday
Now, Sony will ask you to confirm your birth date. It is vital that you input the date you want for the life of your account here. Once you click the Next button, theres no going back. Even refreshing the browser or logging in again will not take you back to this page.
Scroll down to where it says Date of birth, and use the drop-down menus to enter the date of birth that you want to use from now on.
Again, we cant stress this enough, this is the one and only way currently available for you to ever change the age connected to your PlayStation account. If you get it wrong this time, youre basically out of luck unless Sony finally decides to make everyones life a little bit easier.
How To Limit Mature Content On The Playstation 4 Using The App
Recommended Reading: How To Use A Ps4 Controller On Project 64
What Else Do I Need To Know
- PSN is like the rest of the world. Not everyone is always nice, but we work hard to make sure everyone behaves well.
- Some people can be mean or do things you dont like. If that happens, you can stop the person from contacting you by blocking them. You can also tell us, so we can take action if they broke our rules.
- You and your Responsible Adult can find out how to block or report another PSN user in our Help and Support section here.
- Talk to your Responsible Adult about what you do on PSN and who you play with. They can help you make sensible decisions and stay safe.
- If anyone on PSN makes you feel unhappy, tell your Responsible Adult or a teacher or another adult you trust.
- Do not be afraid to tell us if something happens that you dont like. If you tell us, the person wont find out it was you that told us, and we can stop them doing the same thing to someone else.
- Do not tell anyone your password not even if they tell you they will give you games or money. They can use your password to steal your account.
- People who work for PSN will never ask for your password.
Amount Of Time Playing Ps4 Games
Research has recommended not more than 2 hours of play time on a PS4, PS5 or similar consoles per day. That challenge rests in your power to police as a parent. Negotiations can be tough!. Sometimes you may even have to hide their game controllers, or change the WiFi code . Good luck with all of this.
For more information on setting controls across a range of devices, apps and platforms visit Internet Matters
You May Like: How To Create A Playstation Network Account Ps4
Changing Your Age Using Sony Mobile
Before you do this, keep in mind that this is a one-time only deal. Once youve linked your PlayStation account to a Sony Mobile account and entered a date of birth there, the date of birth that you enter will be the one that youll be stuck with from now on. So, dont make any mistakes, and dont make the change unless youre absolutely sure that this is the age that you want to have associated with your PlayStation account from now on.
Heres what you need to do to do:
What Are The Ramifications For Changing My Birthday
Of course, it does go against Sonys terms and conditions to lie about your birthday. The restrictions are there to protect minors and Sony itself. Lying about your birthday is one of those do it at your own risk actions because the company could revoke your account access.u003cbru003eu003cbru003eAnother drawback to lying about your birthday is account access. If ever theres an issue and you cant login, your birthday will be used as a security question. If youve chose some random month, day, and year, you wouldnt be able to answer the question and regain access.
Don’t Miss: How To Remove Parental Controls On Ps4
How To Change Your Age On Ps4 And Ps5
We all make mistakes when setting up our PlayStation Network accounts on PS4 and PS5. Sometimes, that means using a cringe-worthy PSN ID and not being able to change it for years, and other times that means using a fake birthdate that accidentally ends up locking you out of content. Fear not. Although PlayStation doesn’t officially allow you to change your age, there is a backdoor method. But it only works once.
Ps4 Sub Account Restrictions Are A Serious Issue That Needs To Be Addressed Already
Alex Machado / February 27, 2014
If youre like me, you made the fatal error of registering a Sub Account when you were younger, an account cursed with content restrictions specifically created for users under the age of 18 that is always associated with a Master Account empowered with Parental Control. Worse yet, you may have kept the account as your main when you first purchased a PlayStation 3 and continually functioned from it as you grew older. Sure, I could be blamed for doing this in my youthful ignorance, not foreseeing the inevitable consequences to come, but is it right to be punished in the long run for following the Community Code of Conduct and staying true to my age? The fact is I was 16 and jobless, I had no method of payment other than physical cash on my person, and my father too was a moderate gamer who created a Master Account under his name. Like most avid gamers, I wanted my own cool username with my own cool avatar, and later on, my own cool set of trophies to gawk at and relish over.
Scurry for answers at the page break.
Currently there are a handful of account promotion petitions circling the Web that you can find and sign, some of which are on the PlayStation Blog, , and other numerous outlets. In all honesty, Sony should have addressed the problem years ago, and now its carrying over to the next generation, leaving a population of the PlayStation user base between a rock and a hard place.
Recommended Reading: How To Mod Your Gta 5 Account Ps4