How Do I Setup My Xfinity Wifi Modem
If You Have Xfinity Voice or Live in a WiFi Ready Apartment
Re: Xfinitywifi No Longer Showing As Connection
I have read that Comcast is shutting down the 2.4GHz xfinitywifi hotspots. They are only supporting 5GHz now.
I have read that Comcast is shutting down the 2.4GHz xfinitywifi hotspots. They are only supporting 5GHz now.
It sounds to me like Comcast is having issues they don’t know how to deal with that have neutered many Rokus. It seems mostly to affect their hotspots, but there’s one guy in that thread who says his home router is affected as well.
Roku Community Streaming ExpertI am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Gaming & Media Devices
Students living on campus are able to connect their game consoles and media streaming devices to the network by using Stockton’s self managed device registration system,NetReg.
Below, you will find instructions for locating the MAC address for various devices that can be registered on the network.
Read Also: Project 64 Xbox Controller
How To Fix Xfinity Wifi Not Working In Windows 10
Here, you will be guided with easy & recommended solution to fix Xfinity WiFi not working in Windows 10. Also, you can read about actually what this issue is, why Xfinity WiFi hotspot is not showing up in Windows 10, why you cant connect to Xfinity WiFi on your PC/laptop, and then you can go with our instructions to resolve the issue.
What Is Xfinity Wifi Not Working Issue In Windows 10
It is common problem categorized as network problem occurs possibly due to Xfinity device limit, hidden network, poor network connection, wrong WiFi password, location services are disabled, conflicting WiFi network, automatic WiFi connection is disabled and problematic Network Adapter drivers.
If you are not aware, Xfinity company is subsidiary of Comcast Corporation that provides service including cable television, internet, telephone and wireless services. Comcast operates a network of public WiFi-hotspots for Xfinity internet subscribers known as Xfinity WiFi. Xfinity WiFi consists of mixture of hotspots in public locations.
In simple words, Xfinity delivers fast, convenient WiFi that is free to Xfinity Mobile customers. However, you are also allowed to use Xfinity WiFi in your PC/laptop based on Windows 10 OS. To do so, you need to move with your laptop to Xfinity WiFi-hotspot or place Xfinity WiFi router near your PC/laptop if possible. Now, turn on WiFi option on your computer and on WiFi router, and follow some necessary steps to connect to the WiFi that is almost similar steps related to other WiFi network connection.
However, if you are receiving poor network connection from Xfinity WiFi in Windows 10, then you can check if the distance between your Xfinity WiFi and computer is 1m to 10m or range that WiFi network support. If not, then you should try place your WiFi router near your computer to fix network slowdown problem.
You May Like: Playstation Family Share Games
What Is Your Wifi Name And Password
The first step is to know your Xfinity Wi-Fi name and password. If you dont know these details, theres always something you can do. Check the Voice Remote and say Show me my Wi-Fi the details will be revealed on the X1 TV Box. Alternatively, you can choose to visit the Xfinity Wi-Fi site, mobile app, or even the xFi app on the X1 TV Box. Open your account or the Xfinity My Account App and get the details of your Wi-Fi name and password.
My Xbox One Still Wont Connect What Should I Do
- If youre still having trouble connecting, first make sure that you are on Manual Wi-Fi settings instead of Casual.
- Your default gateway is actually the device through which the devices and traffic is redirected to the network you are using.
- Wait for some time. Things dont always work out at first, so taking some time off and restarting again later could help. Do this before taking any drastic measures.
- There is a possibility that this method of connection may not work for you due to your phone not having a Wi-Fi hotspot connection option. This method of connection is usually a second option that comes after an error occurred using the regular method.
Xfinity Wi-Fi Xbox edge app hotspot
If problems continue to persist, contact your local network provider and ask for help or directly visit range extender service.
I hope this article worked out for you, if not there may be something wrong with your local network provider. Check in with them and they should provide you with customer support.
Don’t Miss: How Does Lag Switch Work
Solutions If Connecting To A Home Router
When people are getting this NW-34345-9 error message but are connecting to their own router rather than a hotspot, then it most often occurs because their WiFi connection is simply too weak to get a good signal. This is a common problem with the PS4, which is known for its connection problems.
Here are some quick tips if you are having this problem on a wireless home network connection:
- Reset your router and PS4.
- Make sure your router is updated to the latest firmware.
- Move your PS4 and router closer together.
- Restore the Default Settings on your PS4, by entering Safe Mode as per instructed in the section above, but selecting the Default Settings option instead. Resets network settings to default but does not delete any data.
- Leaving your PS4 in Rest Mode for a long time can cause these errors. Turn it fully off and unplug for a few minutes before restarting.
- If you are getting NAT errors, or are on NAT 3 when you try to test your connection, then try using DMZ settings to place your console on Open NAT and fully open it up to the internet for the best connection.
A lot of the PS4 NW Error Codes we cover on this site boil down to this fundamental issue of wireless connections being unreliable and dropping out over distance. This is why it is better to be on a wired connection rather than WiFi if at all possible, since they always deliver a more solid and reliable connection than wireless, especially the further you get from the router.
Join Our Brand New Ps5 Community
Join our exciting new PS5 community! Sign-up takes 5 seconds
Entry posted byRSS Bot·December 2, 2020
So before on my PS4 I was able to connect to the Xfinity WiFi hotspot by connecting to the network and then going to settings then user guide. It would send me to the Xfinity web page and I would be able to log in. But now on my PS5 that doesnt happen. It will not redirect me to Xfinity to log in, it will just say that the connection timed out after like 20 seconds of waiting. Does anyone have a solution to this? Could it be because PS5 does not have the WWW browser anymore?
Don’t Miss: Ps4 Controller Dolphin Emulator
Secure Xfinity Wifi Device Support
The following devices support connections to secure Xfinity WiFi Hotspots:
- iOS devices running version 10.0 or later
- Android devices running version 4.4 or later
- MacBooks running OS X 10.7 or later
- Microsoft Windows 10 or later
**Note**: Blackberry, Chromebooks, Linux PCs and other devices such as Kindles are not supported at this time.
Are Mobile Hotspots Worth It
Mobile hotspots are great in terms of security. Generally they are much more secure than public WiFi connection. These days, many travelers opt for personal mobile hotspot devices, occasionally at slower speeds, but less vulnerable to the outside thread. Turning encryption on will keep the leaches at bay.
Recommended Reading: How To Do Split Screen On Fortnite Ps4 2021
Ps4 Wont Connect To Optimum Wifi
Make sure your router is working. If it is ok then follow the above method to solve ps4 wont connect to optimum wifi error.
Why is My Ps4 not connecting to wifi after update?
Maybe the update file is corrupt try to go back to the previous system update or wait a few days as Sony will bring a new update to fix the error. Thats maybe the reason your Ps4 is not connecting to WIFI.
Check Your Ps4’s Internet Connection To The Router
Your PS4 connecting may not always be an issue with your console. It may be your wired or wireless connection creating your gameplay disruptions including your device settings.
Here are a few tips on how to test whether it’s your console or your internet connection.
Swap your Ethernet cord: If you are connecting via Ethernet, try swapping out the cable to see if it’s the issue. Another option is to try plugging your cable into a different Ethernet port on the router in the case that the current port has blown.
Move your PS4 console closer to your wireless router: You may be experiencing intermittent signal loss due to the distance or even walls between your console and router. You should first try to move them closer if they aren’t already, and if that doesn’t work, try rebooting both your modem and router.
Read Also: Gameplay Recording Paused Ps4
Get Your Console Back Online
There’s nothing more frustrating than a PlayStation 4 that can’t get online when you want to play a game, update your system, download a new title, or watch a movie. There are multiple reasons why this is happening, and some are more complex than others. We have possible causes and solutions below.
Troubleshooting Secure Xfinity Wifi Connectivity
- If the SSID or network name XFINITY is not in the list of available WiFi networks on the device, you are probably not at an Xfinity WiFi Hotspot that supports secure connections to Xfinity WiFi.
- If you are using the Xfinity WiFi Hotspots app and are unable to connect to Secure Xfinity WiFi, ensure that you have the security profile installed on your device. For iOS/Mac users try selecting the option Sign in as a different user in the app settings menu to re-configure your device for Secure Xfinity WiFi access.
- If you change the password for the account, you will have to sign in again to the Xfinity WiFi Hotspots app, or you will have to re-install the security profile at wifi.xfinity.com to connect again to secure Xfinity WiFi.
Read Also: How To Dunk On 2k20 Ps4
How To Fix It When Your Ps4 Won’t Connect To Wi
Follow the recommendations below to get your PS4 console connected to the internet again.
Check the status of the PlayStation Network. If PSN is offline, it’s not going to matter whether the console can connect to Wi-Fi. So, check its status as an initial step. Gamers often misdiagnose PSN outages as a problem with their network connectivity, which can cause unnecessary confusion.
Restart the modem and router. It’s best to restart both the modem and wireless router. Then, see if the console can connect to the Wi-Fi network before assuming that the PS4 is the problem. Reboot the modem and router manually, wait about five minutes, then check to see if the PS4 can establish a connection.
If you’re unsure how to power these devices on and off, refer to the devices’ manuals or to your service provider’s customer support.
Restart the PlayStation 4. Then, reboot the PS4 and see if it connects successfully afterward.
Fully power down the console and turn it back on, as opposed to entering Rest Mode and then waking up the console’s operating system.
Move your PS4 closer to the wireless router. It’s not a potential cause that’s often considered when a device can’t connect to Wi-Fi. The physical distance between a wireless router and the PS4 is a potential reason why you can’t get online. It’s also important to make sure the Wi-Fi signal isn’t impeded by device-related interference or obstructions such as reinforced doors or excessively thick walls.
Why Is My Ps4 The Only Device That Has Trouble Connecting To The Wifi Network
Whether at home, at the office or when traveling, everybody enjoys a gaming session. All consoles now can connect via WiFi to the Internet, in order to play online with other users all over the world.
The trouble is that sometimes PS4 won’t connect to WiFi networks. Or, even if it’s connected, the connection will be very slow or limited from a gaming perspective, with strict NAT types.
Read below to see how to fix the issue of PS4 not connecting to WiFi and enjoy online gaming on your own terms.
Don’t Miss: How To Use A Ps4 Controller On Project 64
To Allow The System To Test The Connection It Will Auto Fail Because You
Someone said: Hey thanks your one smart mf that worked after I was tryin to figure it out all day..
Someone said: What is the "O" button
Someone said: My browser won`t take me there to sign in
jlf1128 said: I tried to follow this instructions last night and am so confused...Can you be more specific? I swear to God I`m not an idiot. This just didn`t make sense to me. Haha.
Afrede said: What is the "o" botton??????. Where is the "O" bottom?!?!?!? I am having troubles connecting too
Someone said: Omg you sir rock!!!
kelliann7225 said: So this works for me up until I go to wifilogin.comcast.net. It asks me to choose my internet provider and gives me 5 options. When I click comcast it opens a new page that never loads... it just stays white with that little clock icon spinning in the upper right corner of the screen. Any suggestions oor answers anyone?
Perez013 said: Mine says "We`re Sorry, There Has Been A Network Error" when I sign in with email and password. Does anyone know why?
app_scoped_user_id/10153400256542502/ said: I have a problem connecting to Wii as well using Xfiniti hotspot. please let the Wii users know how to login to internet using Xfiniti Hotspot please. thanks. %uD83D%uDE0A
Access Through Managed Wifi Premium
- Xfinity WiFi now provides free WiFi for both customers and non-customers in Wawa convenience stores as part of Managed WiFi Premium. Managed WiFi Premium is a turnkey public WiFi solution targeted at Fortune 1000 companies that have more than 100 locations and more than 2,500 visitors per month per store with the majority of stores in the Comcast footprint.
- Wawa is a chain of convenience store/gas stations located along the East Coast of the United States. It operates in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, and Florida.
Also Check: How To Pair A Ps4 Controller To Iphone
Why My Ps4 Wont Connect To Internet
There can be many reasons why your Ps4 wont connect to the internet. Some of the common reason might be due to poor network communication between your wifi devices and your ps4 console or your poor Wi-fi signal. While sometimes you may have the best connection and still wonder why wont my ps4 connect to the internet in that cause it may be due to a faulty console or connection problem with your ps4 that wont let you connect to the internet at all. Either way, your device will be out of network facilities and you will have to enjoy only the offline features of the ps4. Some of the common issues and errors you may get while facing the connection issues are:
- Ps4 wont connect to the internet
- Ps4 wont connect to wifi
- ps4 wont connect to psn but will connect to internet
If Ps4 Won’t Connect To Wifi Use Connectify Hotspot On Your Laptop As A Wifi Booster
Connectify Hotspot is a software app for Windows that allows you to . This comes in handy when you are trying to increase the strength of your WiFi network or avoid silly hotel WiFi charges that gouge you for every single device. It also works great with the PlayStation, to save time and simplify the way you connect your PS4 to public WiFi networks.
You can use your Connectify Hotspot as a middleman for the PS4 console. This brings along some benefits for then your PS4 won’t connect to WiFi:
- the WiFi signal will be strong, meaning that the Internet speed will be maximized and your PS4 will be able to always connect to the WiFi network.
- you won’t get any strict NAT type issues thanks to Connectify’s gaming mode.
- you will save time setting up the PS4 on other WiFi networks – at hotels, at your friends’ house, etc.
Recommended Reading: How To Turn On Cheats Sims 4 Ps4