How To Connect Your Ps4 Controller
1. Turn on your console.
2. Plug the USB end of the cable for the controller into the console’s USB port, and then connect the other end to the controller. The ports are located on the front of the console and the top-center of the controller.
3. Press the PSbutton, located in the center of the controller. You’ll see a light appear on the back of the controller when it’s properly connected.
4. Once connected, you can unplug the cable and use your controller wirelessly – assuming it’s charged.
Charge Your Ps4 Controller Without Using The Charger Using This Trick
If you are a PS4 player and play games on PS4 frequently, you might have faced several PS4 controller related problems. One of the main problems of the PS4 controller is it does not charge when you connect it with the PS4charger. Many PS4 users have faced this problem and are looking for a solution to this.
If the controller is not charged, you cannot play your favorite game on PS4. So it is mandatory to charge the controller time to time. But what to do if it does not charge? Is there any way out, or any solution of this problem?
Of course there is a solution! This is a very common problem of PS4. People are so frustrated that they even search for how to charge a PS4 controller without a charger. But is this really possible?
In this article, I shall give you the solutions of all the PlayStation 4 controller wont charge issues!
So, lets begin!
Ps4 Controller Wont Charge How To Fix
As I said before, PS4 controller not charging is a very common issue among the PS4 users. Sometimes they cant even understand that whether it is a PS4 charger issue, or it is an issue of the controller itself. So if you face this problem too, what should you do?
In that case, you need to know how to fix a PS4 controller that wont charge. There are few procedures which you can try to start the charging.
Don’t Miss: How To Calibrate Ps4 Vr Controller
Connect Ps4 Controller Without Cord
If you want a wire-free gaming experience in your PS4, you can connect the controllers with the console without using the wires, or cords. This is very simple and easy to connect the controllers with the console without the cords. You only need to sync the controllers with the console.
Here I am going to give you the manual guide of connecting the PS4 controller to the console so that you can use it without using the cords. But remember, you need the wires at the time of connecting the controllers. Once it is connected, you can remove the cords.
- Turn PS4 console on.
- Connect the controller using the micro connector of the USB cable.
- Connect the other end to the console.
- Press the PS button of the controller and hold it for about 3 seconds.
- Attach the PS4 controller with its console.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
Ps4 Controller Charger Dock Station
- MULTI POWER SUPPLY DEVICES: Power through the USB port from either the PS4/ PS4 Slim/ PS4 Pro console, PC or wall power source .
- LED INDICATORSLED lights clearly indicate in front of screen when charging is complete green light States The PS4 controller has been charged completed, Red light States when charging.
- INTELLIGENT PROTECTIONBuilt-in protection chip, perfect over-charge, over-discharge, over-temperature, over-voltage, over-Current, over circuit protection functions, more safe and reliable.
- OIVO- Originality Ingenuity Value overall Package Includes: 1×PS4 controller charging station, 1× USB cable, 1× User manual.
Don’t Miss: How To Reset Password On Ps2 Parental Control
Ps4 Controller Charger Charging Cable 2 Pack 10ft Nylon Braided Micro Usb 20 High Speed Data Sync Cord For Playstation 4
- SIMULTANEOUSLY CHARGE & PLAY Theres nothing worse than your controller dying in the middle of hunting a Thunderjaw.
- FAST CHARGE & SYNC No power loss with this premium cable for full speed charge even with extra-long length.
- STRENGTHENED CONSTRUCTION One of the first ever charging cable built with bulletproof aramid fiber, triple-braided Tangle-free nylon exterior, and laser-welded aluminum connectors make this cable distinguished from the common USB cables, can withstand at least 10,000 cycles of 90 degree bend test.
- CONVENIENTLY LONG Extra long 10FT/3M length micro USB cable allows you to sit back and play at a comfortable distance, way more convenient to use while sit on the couch or lay on the bed also our compact connector heads slot in easily and steadily, wont get loose or fall out of your devices.
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY Specifically designed for PlayStation and Xbox controllers, powers you up to take charge of your game.
Fix : Check The Charging Cable Or The Usb Cable
You should consider this solution as the first solution you should opt for when you are facing a charging problem. Most of the time in these types of cases the PS4 controller charger cord is the main culprit.
To check whether there is a problem with your USB cable follow the following steps.
Charge your controller with another USB cable. As the controller has a type B charging port, therefore, most of the USB charging cables will be compatible with your controller.
Check simultaneously with both the controllers
If anything is not working and you have successfully identified that the problem is with the USB cable then just buy an official PS4 USB cable for controllers from the official website of PlayStation.
Also Check: Do I Need Ps Plus For Fortnite
Top 10 Best Ps4 Controller Charger Cable Reviews With Products List
Are you looking for Ps4 Controller Charger Cable Reviews? Our experts found 55660 number of feedback online for “Ps4 Controller Charger Cable” and shortlisted them. This suggestions is created for those looking for their ideal Ps4 Controller Charger Cable. On selected products for the Best Ps4 Controller Charger Cable you will see ratings. The rating matrix we have generated is based on user ratings found online. Take a look –
Charging Your Controller From Your Ps4 Console
In order to answer this question in detail we need to talk about the power levels involved. With you PS4 console charging method, you can expect a charging time of approximately 2 hours being required before you reach a state of full charge.
Your Ps4 console employs the USB 3 cable providing a steady charge rated at 5v 900ma, which comes to approximately .9 amps of charge. Now, your DualShock 4 controller only requires about .8 amps, which is 5v and 800ma. This is the ideal rate of charge and what is recommended for maintaining the longest battery life that you can from your controller.
Now that you know the required charge, you can certainly use a phone charger to accomplish the same thing, but we are going to need to follow a few ground rules. As long as you select the RIGHT charger you can certainly charge your controllers efficiently without worry, but you need to be picky about what you use.
The power rates need to be the same so youll have to select your charger carefully. Lets get into what this really means so that youll know exactly what ratings youll need to look for in an external charger and why your choice here is very important.
You May Like: Can Ps4 Play Videos From Usb
Ps4 Charging Cable Reviews With Scores
|10ft PS4 Controller Charging Cable for Playstation 4 Dual Shock 4||9.6|
|2||PS4 Controller Charger Charging Cable 2 Pack 10FT Nylon Braided Micro USB 2.0 High Speed Data Sync Cord for Playstation 4||9.4|
|10FT Long PS4 Charger Cord for Xbox One Controller||9.4|
|2 Pack 10ft PS4 Controller Charging Cable||9.2|
|6amLifestyle PS4 Controller Charging Cable||8.8|
|PS4 Controller Charger Cable 3-Pack 6FT for Xbox One Controller||8.4|
|7||PS4 Controller Charger Charging Cable 10ft 2 Pack Nylon Braided Extra Long Micro USB 2.0 High Speed Data Sync Cord Compatible for Playstaion 4||8.2|
|8||2 Pack 20FT PS4 Controller Charger Charging Cable Micro USB High Speed Fast Data Sync Cord for Playstation 4||8.2|
|PS4 Controller Charger Dock Station||8.2|
- Play and charge from up to 10ft away!
- Color: Black
How To Charge A Ps4 Controller
The PS4 console and its advanced DS4 controller go hand-in-hand. None is valuable without the other. It would be best to have both the PS4 and its controller make the most of your gaming. However, the controllers require charging so that declining battery levels do not interrupt your gameplay.
If you wish for smooth and unhindered playtime with your PS4, you need to keep a watch on your PS4 controller charging not to swap the controllers during the game. This article primarily focuses on charging a PS4 controller, how much time it takes, and how to recharge it if you have lost the cable, and much more.
So, lets get started!
You May Like: How To Get Cc On Sims 4 Ps4
Amlifestyle Ps4 Controller Charging Cable
- Made for PS4 Gaming: 10ft Micro USB Charger Cable specially made for PS4/PS4 Slim/ PS4 Pro Controller.
- Universal Compatibility: Specially Designed for DualShock 4 , Xbox One X/ Xbox One S/ Xbox One Elite/ Xbox One controllers and more devices with Micro USB port.
- Simultaneously Charge & Play: Theres nothing worse than your controller dying in the middle of hunting a Thunderjaw.
- 10ft/ 2 Pack: Extra Long you can sit and play at a comfortable distance.
- Perfect Connection: The compact connector heads easily and steadily slot in your PS4 controllers, so they wont get loose during playing.
Pack 10ft Ps4 Controller Charging Cable
- MADE FOR GAMING: Unique design to use for PS4/ PS4 Slim/ PS4 Pro controllers, Xbox One/ One S/ One Elite/ One X controllers, and more devices with micro USB interface.
- SIMULTANEOUSLY PLAY & CHARGE: Theres nothing worse than your controller dying in the middle of hunting a Thunderjaw.
- PERFECT CONNECTION: Unlike similar but lower quality USB cables, our stainless pins connector heads slot in easily and steadily, and wont get loose or fall out of your devices.
- MAGNETIC RING DESIGN: Provide optimal signal clarity and shielding to minimize interference.
- QUALITY GUARANTEE: Full money back if you are not satisfied with quality, No questions asked policy which makes this purchase a no-brainer.
Recommended Reading: How To Use Wireshark To Get Ip Ps4
Is The Ps5 Charging Station Worth It
Best answer: The DualSense charging station is a smart, inexpensive purchase that works well to keep your extra controllers powered up, especially with the PS5 having issues in rest mode. Its not necessary but if you want to hide unseemly wires and display your controllers, the charging station is a good purchase.
Ds4 Controllers Charging Via Charging Stations
If you have lost the controllers USB cable and think its worrisome because you will not be able to recharge your PS4 controller, you might be mistaken. Without having the USB cable, you can charge your PS4 controller using tiny, advanced stationary devices called charging stations.
Moreover, these devices do not have compatibility issues.
Why Does It Take This Long For A Ps4 Controller To Charge
The controller could be charged if the console is on. The console could also charge the controller if it is in the rest mode. If someone tries to charge the controller when the console is in rest mode, then the orange light would start blinking in the light bar.
The charge in the controller would last for around 8 hours if the players are playing continuously. The gaming style of the person is another factor to affects how long the charge in the controller would last.
The PS4 controller charge may run out very often if the person uses it continuously for hours. The controller is a very important part of the PS4 and the console has no value without it.
If someone doesnt have a Micro-USB cable, then the person can take the help of the DualShock 4 charging station. The DualShock 4 charging station is a very convenient option as it would be able to charge two controllers at the same time.
The Micro-USB cable is less expensive than the DualShock 4 charging station. The time to charge the controller would depend on how the person is charging the controller. The charging time in DualShock 4 charging station is not the same as the Micro-USB cable.
If the person has no budget for the DualShock 4 charging station, then there are many other options available for the charging process.
How To Charge Ps4 Controller
The DualShock 4 is a nifty piece of technology from Sony, boasting a built-in touchpad and a share button that allows you to capture or stream your gameplay right from the console. Thanks to wonderful technology, you dont even need to be tethered to your system anymore. Sit back on your couch and appreciate the freedom of having a wireless PS4 controller. That does mean, however, youll need to charge your PS4 controller.
Charging your PS4 controller is straightforward. The simplest way to do so is with a USB cable . Plug one end into your controller, and the other end into the USB port on the PS4, and it will begin to charge the DualShock 4.
Note that the PS4 must either be on or in rest mode in order for it to charge the controller. If charging in rest mode, the light bar will blink in an orange color. After charging has completed, the light bar on your PS4 controller will turn off. It takes approximately two hours to charge the controller, if it initially had no remaining charge.
Thats all you need to know to charge your PS4 controller. For more guides and info, be sure to search for Twinfinite.
Read Also: Does The Ps4 Slim Support Hdr
Fix #: Charge Your Wireless Ps4 Controller
If you are connecting your PS4 controller via Bluetooth, the first thing that you must do is to ensure that its powered on. Some players may not realize that the controller has already died after hours of use.
If the controller is on but is low on battery, it may be too weak to maintain a solid Bluetooth connection. Try topping it up for several minutes and see if that will fix the issue.
How To Tell If Ps4 Controller Is Charging
What color is PS4 controller when charging?, What colour is the ps4 controller when charging? When the controller is charging the light bar slowly blinks / pulses amber. The light bar slowly fades between white and amber continuously whilst charging. The light bar turns off when the controller is fully charged.
In additional, Does the PS4 controller light up when charging?, Yes. PlayStation controllers light up yellow when plugged in to charge. Yes. PlayStation controllers light up yellow when plugged in to charge.
Finally, How do you know when PS4 controller is charged without PS4?, Look at the Color of the Light Bar on the Controller
When the controller is in rest mode, the light bar should blink orange slowly. Once it has finished charging, this light bar will turn off. This is the easiest way to know if it is charging because you can just look at the light bar.
Recommended Reading: Connect Ps4 To Pc Via Bluetooth
Fixing Issue: Ps4 Controller Is Charging But Not Connecting
After knowing why the PS4 controller might be charging properly but not connecting, lets suggest a few fixes for that situation.
But before that, we need to know the main suspect of this whole issueIs it the PS4 controller or the PS4 USB/Bluetooth connection.
To figure that out, you need to simply connect your DualShock-4 controller to another PS4 and test it there. If thats not possible, connect it to a PC and check whether its recognized there or not.
Additionally, its very helpful in the process of troubleshooting this issue to test another DualShock-4 controller on your PS4 and see whether it works well or not.
Doing these two steps can help save lots of time investigating the issue in the pursuit of finding where the problem really is.
If thats not possible in your case, implement the methods below until you fix your issue and get the PS4 controller connecting again normally.
Comparison Chart Of Top 10 Ps4 Controller Charger Cable
|1||PS4 Controller Charger Charging Cable 10ft 2 Pack Nylon Braided Extra Long Micro USB 2.0 High Speed Data Sync Cord Compatible for Playstaion 4||9.8|
|Micro USB Cable, 15Ft Extra Long PS4 Controller Charger Cable||9.8|
|3||PS4 Controller Charger Charging Cable 2 Pack 10FT Nylon Braided Micro USB 2.0 High Speed Data Sync Cord for Playstation 4||9.8|
|PS4 Controller Charger Dock Station||9.2|
|6amLifestyle PS4 Controller Charging Cable||8.8|
|7||TALK WORKS Charger Cable for PS4 Controller 10 ft – Long Heavy Duty Braided Micro USB Cord Charging Compatible with Sony PlayStation 4 – Black||8.6|
|3-Pack 6FT PS4 Controller Charger Cable for Xbox One Controller||8.2|
Also Check: How To Link Microsoft Account To Ps4
Ft Long Ps4 Charger Cord For Xbox One Controller
- CHARGER CORD FOR XBOX ONE CONTROLLER / PS4: Whether you are laying on the bed or sitting on the couch, our 10 feet long ps4 charging cable power cord will give you the proximity to game comfortably without the annoying need to be near your console.
- SIMULTANEOUSLY CHARGE AND PLAY: Are you constantly in the middle of a game and running out of charge? Simply use the micor usb cable designed for xbox one controller cord to connect to your controller, and get back gaming.
- HASSLE FREE CONNECTION: SIOCEN ps4 controller charger wire for Xbox one connects effortlessly and securely into your controllers so they wont feel loose during play.
- FAST CHARGING: Compatible Xbox one cable is intended to charge your PlayStation 4 devices as quickly as possible so that you can maximize your gaming time.
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY Charger cable specifically designed for Xbox one controllers and PlayStation 4 controllers, powers you up to take charge of your game.
- What you get: 1 pack 10 feet micro usb charger cord