How To Gameshare Between Two Playstation 4 Consoles With Sony’s ‘share Play’ Feature
You can gameshare on your PS4 to let a friend on a different PS4 console play a game in your game library, even if they don’t own it.
Gamesharing, known as “Share Play” for PlayStation consoles, is a convenient way to play a game with another person even if only one of you owns the game.
To enable gameshare on your PS4, you need to sign into the other person’s console, and change your account settings to set that console as your primary PS4.
Want to share your games with friends or family members on a different PlayStation 4, perhaps so you can play the same game together? Sony allows that – with some minor limitations.
Usually called gamesharing , you can let other people download and play games you’ve purchased, even if they don’t own it. Think of it like lending a disc – only there’s no need to actually exchange physical media.
In order to play a game together, both you and your friend need a PlayStation Plus subscription, but neither of you need a subscription to play the game separately.
In addition, while you can share your games with any number of other people on different PS4 consoles, only two people can play a game at one time.
Can You Share Downloaded Games On Ps4
As previously stated, you can share digital games on PS4 with another person. At the same time, you can still play those titles on your own console, which should now have your account deactivated as the primary. With your account set as the primary on your friends console, they can play all the games you have in your library. However, they will still need to download those games in order to play them.
How To Share Xbox Live Gold With A Friend
It’s not just games you can share with friends on the Xbox One you can also share an Xbox Live Gold membership. The process detailed above will also let you share a single Xbox Live Gold membership with a friend. It’s worth noting that while you can share one person’s Xbox Live Gold membership, any Xbox One games acquired via Games With Gold will no longer be playable if the account that acquired them is no longer Gold level. We’ve got the best prices on Xbox Live Gold memberships just below, with deals for the UK and the US.
Recommended Reading: When Will Scuf Have Ps5 Controllers
Joining Share Play As A Visitor
Select > from the party screen.
- A )
|Both host and visitor can control the same screen.
|The visitor cannot control the hostâs screen during intervals when the game does not allow it, or when the visitor is not a PlayStation®Plus member.
- As a Visitor, you can display your own home screen and control your PS4 system by pressing the PS button during Share Play. To return to the hostâs screen, select from the content area.
- Visitors cannot save screenshots or video clips from the hostâs screen.
Ps4 Game Share Explained & How To Do It
Game sharing is explained in the name as the feature allows you to share your library of games with a close friend or family member, via having their PS4 as your primary console.
Its actually quite easy to do but remember you must do this with someone you trust, you are giving very sensitive information out to another person so dont do this with any random person online only close friends or family.
This allows you to get games for half price as you and your friend can spend half on a fully priced game, as you can both share it together? Cool right!
How To Game Share On PS4
Read Also: How To Get Nat Type 2 On Ps4
What If I Have More Than One Ps4 Or Ps5
Unfortunately, if you have more than one PS4 or PS5, you’ll need another account with PS Plus for each extra console you have. That’s because benefits can only be shared from the primary account to other accounts on the same console, and there can only be one primary account per console.
This also means that the second console will need its own copy of the games the user wants to play. The only way around this is to sign into the second console with the account that has the PS Plus subscription and owns the games, and you must stay signed in on that account for the duration of your session.
How To Gameshare On Ps: Share Your Ps4 Games With Friends And Family
Want to know how to gameshare on PS4? Then you’ve come to the right place. While lending physical PS4 games to your friends and family is pretty straightforward, it’s somewhat more difficult to share your digital PS4 library with others.
Luckily there are a couple of ways you can gameshare on PS4, allowing you to either share your entire PS4 game library with a friend or family member, or to share a specific game with someone else under your watchful eye. Sharing is caring, after all.
Interested in sharing your PS4 games with others? Then read on for our simple steps on how to gameshare on PS4.
- PS5 games: all the games rumored and confirmed for the PlayStation 5
- PS4 Pro vs PS5: will it be worth the upgrade?
- PlayStation Plus 2020: all the free PS Plus games you can get this month
You May Like: How To Set Parental Controls On Ps4
Things To Be Aware Of When Game Sharing On Xbox One
While sharing your games library with a friend is brilliant, there are some downsides and potential risks. We’ve got the main points to consider:
- Only share with a trusted friend – this one might seem obvious, but as you’re essentially handing your account to another person, make sure that person isn’t likely to abuse the account.
- Microsoft could block game sharing – while Microsoft has allowed game sharing for a long time, it’s possible that it could be blocked in the future. Try to split game purchasing evenly so if access is ever blocked both parties will have an equal share of games on their profile.
- Game sharing is digital only – If you like owning physical copies of games, this isn’t going to work well with game sharing. Physical games that come on disc will only work on the console the disc is inserted into.
- Limited to two people – Game sharing on Xbox One is limited to two people: you and your friend. You can’t share your account with more than one person. Your account’s home Xbox can be changed five times each year, so if you change who you’re sharing with you have some breathing room to change your mind.
That’s all the info you need to know about game sharing on Xbox One and Xbox One X. Follow these steps and you and a friend will suddenly find themselves with much larger libraries of games.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. See our terms & conditions.
How Many People Can You Gameshare With On A Ps4
The number of people you can game share with on a PS4 is limited to one at a time regardless of the method you use. The actual logistics, and specifics, differ depending on whether you’re using the Share Play feature or switching your primary console.
When using the Share Play feature, you can share with one person in your party at a time. If you want to share with a different person, you need to end your current session, make a new party, and share with the new person.
When using the method of switching your primary console, you are limited to sharing with one console at a time. However, anyone who logs into that console can use your games on that console. So if the console you set as your primary PS4 has multiple users, they’ll all get access to your library of games.
If you share your games by giving out your login information, you run the risk of punitive actions from Sony. For example, you can play online with a friend, using a game you bought, if they’re playing on your primary PS4 and you’re logged into a different PS4. If other people beyond you and that one friend attempt to play using your login information, Sony will take action against your accounts.
Recommended Reading: How To Play Movies On Ps4 From Usb
Whats The Difference Between Ps4 Gamesharing And Ps4 Share Play
It is imperative that you know that PS4 gamesharing is not the same as the PS4 Share Play feature. The main difference is the functionality. With PS4 gamesharing, you are letting your friend access your gaming library and play the titles you have by allowing them to use your account.
On the other hand, PS4 Share Play allows you to invite a friend to watch you play. You can also use the Share Play feature to play games together. You can use it to invite a friend to join you in a local co-op or multiplayer game. It is worth noting that you and your friends locations do not matter when it comes to PS4 Share Play. You can use the feature from anywhere in the world.
Here is how to use the PS4 Share Play feature:
5. Select the friend you wish to play with .6. Once your friend accepts, you will now have 60 minutes to have a share play session. That means your friend can view your screen for an entire hour.
Although you can share your screen for free, playing a game together with your friend using the Share Play feature does require a PlayStation Plus membership. Additionally, the game you play should be available in both your countries. Apart from that, you can only invite one player to join you with the PS4 Share Play feature.
How To Gameshare On The Ps4
One option you can try that’s been around for some time — gameshare — works the same as lending someone a physical disk. That means you can essentially digitally lend someone your game, but you can’t play at the same time. Both users need a PlayStation Plus subscription. Here’s how:
1. Log into your PlayStation account on a friend’s PS4 console.
2. Choose Settings.
3. Choose Account Management.
4. Select Activate as Your Primary PS4 and confirm the choice. You might need to deactivate your own PS4 console, but don’t worry, you can reactivate it.
Now player two will see all of player one’s games in their library and they’ll be available for download on your PS4 hard drive.
Virtually share your PS4 controller with a friend.
Don’t Miss: Ps Plus Account Sharing
What Is Friend’s Pass
Friend’s Pass lets you play It Takes Two with a friend even if they dont own the full game! First, have them search for It Takes Two and download the Friends Pass from the platform specific digital store . Then, invite them to play with you from the main menu. If none of you own the full game, you can still try out the First Chapter of It Takes Two in both local and online co-op with the Friends Pass.
What Is Family Sharing On Playstation Plus
Simply put, Family Sharing allows you to share many of the PlayStation Plus benefits with other members of your family. So long as one account on the PS4 has PS Plus and is set as the primary account for that console, anyone who signs into that console with another PlayStation Network account will be able to share many of those benefits and play any digital games associated with it.
Family Sharing also enables you to set up powerful parental control tools if you want to manage your children’s usage. If you haven’t done that yet, here’s how to set up parental controls on PS4.
Family Sharing makes it less expensive and easier to use the PS4’s online features with multiple accounts no matter your need.
You May Like: Lag Switching Ps4
How Do I Transfer Games From One Psn Account To Another
Transferring data between the internal drives
How To Share Play On The Ps4
Here’s how to use the Share Play feature with a friend:
1. On the Invite Players screen, add the friend you want to start a party with by searching for them, or select them from your friends list. Follow the instructions and choose Send Invitation.
2. Load the game you want to play.
3. Press the on your DualShock 4 controller.
4. Choose on your TV screen.
5. Select the friend you want to share your game with from your list. After they accept your invitation, your game systems will link and the 60-minute session will start. After the session expires, you can immediately restart another session and pick up where you left off.
The person you’re Share Playing with will be able to see your screen as well as talk to you if you’re both playing with microphones. After you’re in a session together, you can also let your friend try out the game. Here’s how:
1. Press the button on your controller.
2. Choose Go to Party for Share Play on the TV.
3. Select Give Controller to Visitor.
4. From there you can choose either Allow Visitor to Play as You or Play a Game Together . The host will need to be a PlayStation Plus member to do this, but the visitor doesn’t. Playing co-op requires both gamers to be PlayStation Plus members, but only the host needs a copy of the game in both cases.
To go back to basic screen sharing, press the share button on your controller again, select Go to Party for Share Play and choose Take back Controller. This is also the path you’ll take to Stop Share Play.
Read Also: How To Link Ps4 To Ea Account
Ps4 Game Sharing What Is It
PS4 Game sharing is the official Sony feature that lets you share digital games with friends, and draws a parallel to how easy you could share physical games with friends. As Digital games are becoming the norm, system exists on the PS4 to let you share your digital games and is officially supported by Sony.
How To Set Up Ps5 Game Sharing
The good news is that PS5 game sharing is still possible, though the option is a little hidden and the wording has changed somewhat. Now, instead of setting a particular console as your primary PS5, you enable Console Sharing and Offline Play instead. To get started, go though Settings > Users and Accounts > Other and select Console Sharing and Offline Play.
This next screen then lets you activate PS5 game sharing for the console you are currently using, by enabling Console Sharing and Offline Play, though if this was the first PS5 you signed in on then it should already be turned on as standard. Whichever system you enable Console Sharing and Offline Play on, that will be able to run your games without being connected to the internet, though on any other PS5 you’ll need to be signed in online to access your library.
You May Like: What Year Did Ps4 Come Out
Battlefield 2042 Fans Request Refund For A Multitude Of Reasons
Some Battlefield 2042 are already requesting refunds due to technical issues and an overall lackluster launch.
A Reddit user summarized some of the most common reasons for these refunds. Among these, the lack of Squad voice chat and announcer was a highlight.
Furthermore, many gamers complained about how dreadful the audio design is in Battlefield 2042.
Some gamers are still trying to gain access to the game, even though pre-orders were in place.
I pre ordered and still have no access even tho it says it comes with early access. I’d like a refund now.
What You Can Do With Share Play
- Give Controller to Visitor The host’s game screen appears on the visitor’s screen, and the visitor plays as the host. The host must be a PlayStation®Plus member.
- Give Controller to Visitor The host’s game screen appears on the visitor’s screen, and both the host and visitor play together while viewing the same screen. The host and the visitor must be PlayStation®Plus members.
- You can use Share Play for up to 1 hour at a time. Share play automatically ends an hour after the visitor joins.
- You can view the remaining time for Share Play from the party screen. For details about the party screen, see “What’s on the party screen“.
- Only the host can earn trophies during Share Play.
- During Share Play, when the host views a screen other than the game screen, a standby image appears on the visitor’s system.
- For the host and visitor to play a game together, the host’s device needs to be set up in advance. If you are the host, from your PS4 system go to > > > and then select .
- Depending on the player’s account and the game played, Share Play may not be available, or some scenes may not appear to the visitor.
- When the host has HDR enabled, the colors in the video seen by the visitor might be different from the colors seen by the host.
You May Like: How To Turn Off Voice In Minecraft Ps4