Connect A Ps4 Controller To An Iphone/ipad
Its as simple to pair a PS4 controller on an Android device as with an iPhone or iPad. However, one requirement must be fulfilled by your iOS system. For your computer to connect to the PS4 controller, your iPhone and iPad must run the latest iOS 13.
If you dont have the latest version of iOS. You have to do the following:
Step 1: First, you have to go to the Settings on your device.
Step 2: Then, once you are in the settings panel, you have to click on General there.
Step 3: In General, you have to click on Software Update and update your device to the latest version.
When you update your device with the latest version of iOS, you have to now pair your device with the PS4 controller. For this, you have to follow the steps below:
Step 1: First, you have to press the PS button and the Share button and hold it for a while. When you do so, the controller will start to blink.
Step 2: Then, you have to go to the Settings on your device. There, you have to enable Bluetooth.
Step 3: Finally, you have to tap on the controller for connecting it to the device.
The light on the back of the controller stops blinking as soon as you are linked. Now you can play games and browse your PS4 controller with your iOS mobile.
Can I Use My Iphone As A Game Controller
Yes! There are a few different ways to use your iPhone as a game controller. You can buy an external controller that connects to your iPhone, or you can download a app that turns your iPhone into a controller. There are also some games that come with their own controllers that you can use with your iPhone.
Two: Connect To Your Ps4
To use second screen features, tap the Connect to PS4 icon in the app and tap Second Screen. Assuming your smartphone and PlayStation 4 are on the same network, your phone should automatically find your PS4. Tap it to connect. If you dont see the PS4, ensure both devices are on the same network.
After you do, youll be told to go to the Settings > PlayStation App Connection Settings > Add Device menu on your PS4. Youll see a code displayed here. Type the code into the app to register your smartphone with your PS4. The Settings > PlayStation App Connection Settings screen on your PS4 gives you a list of connected devices and allows you to remove them in the future, if you like.
When youre done, youll see that your PS4 is now connected when you tap Connect to PS4 > Second Screen. This screen also gives you a power button, allowing you to quickly put your PS4 into rest mode.
You May Like: How To Record Previous Gameplay On Ps4
Connecting A Ps4 Controller To An Android Smartphone
- Look for the Pair New Device setting on the phone. The location of this setting may vary by brand and model.
- Press and hold the controllers Share and PS buttons at the same time until the light on the back double-blinks.
- The controller should appear as a pairing option, select it, and then look for a stable light on the controller to confirm the connection.
Use A Ps4 With A Smartphone
Sony officially launched a PlayStation app which enables you to use your smartphone or tablet to control your PS4 remotely. You can use them as a keyboard, as a controller, or even as a remote controller.
The smartphone controller feature is still not available in many games, but it may come in handy in certain situations.
Read Also: How To Hack Ps4 Games
Connect Ps4 To Phone And Unlock More Features
As a popular saying goes, there is more than meets the eye, PS4 includes some pretty useful features that most of you can enjoy with just your smartphone. From saving precious time by typing on the virtual keyboard to playing games entirely on your smartphone, youll be amazed at what your PS4 connected smartphone can do once you start using it regularly. Now that you know what your PlayStation App can do, Are you ready to take full advantage of it and enhance your PS4 experience, and let us know what you think of these nifty features by speaking out in the comments section below.
Connecting Ps4 To Your Smartphone
Before continuing to connect your smartphone to PS4, make sure your console is updated to the latest firmware and both devices are connected to PS4. same WiFi network. After downloading the Official PlayStation App from: Apple App Store or To complete the process, simply follow the steps below:
- First, you must go SettingsOn your PS4 home screen, represented by a briefcase icon.
- Now scroll down and PlayStation App Connection Settings.
- When done, click on Add deviceTo connect your smartphone.
- Now, a new 8 digit code It will be displayed on the screen where you need to enter the PlayStation App to connect your smartphone. thisThe 8 digit code will only be valid for 5 minutes..
- Open the PlayStation App on your smartphone and tap on it. Connect to PS4. You will see a message at the top of this menu PS4 Systems Found. Now, tap on second screen. You will see your PS4 console displayed in the app. Press this to register your console to the smartphone.
- Now enter the 8 digit code shown on your PS4 and then Register. Wait a few seconds until your PS4 connects to your smartphone. Once connected, you will see three options in the menu to disconnect, use your smartphone as a second screen, and control your consoles power mode.
You May Like: How To Remove Ps4 Cover
Connecting A Bluetooth Keyboard To The Ps4
You can also adjust some additional settings for the keyboard. Head back over to the settings menu and go to device. Here, you will see the option for external keyboards. You can set the type of keyboard as well as the keyboard repeat delay and rate. You can also remove any paired device by going back to the Bluetooth Device menu.
Remap The Game Controls To Work With The Ps4 Controller
Ifyouve already started playing games using the PS4 controller onyour Android device, youd notice that some of the game controloptions arent really optimized for your external controller. Thisis because many of the games havent got the external controllersupport, yet.
However, you can change that with an app. Enter , a key remapper app that lets you change which key does what on your device. Using this app, you can customize your game controls in such a way that they fit with the controls of your PS4 controller.
Simplydownload and install the app on your device, add your game to thelist, and start customizing the controls.
Also Check: How To Play Music On Ps4 While Gaming
How To Use Your Ps4 Without A Controller
Sonys DualShock 4 controller for the PS4 is generally very intuitive and comfortable to use, but depending on what youre using your PS4 for, you may prefer to use another device to control your system.
Some players may prefer to play certain games with a mouse and keyboard, and using your phone as a remote is a convenient way to browse the Internet, sort through the PlayStation Store, and watch content on streaming services.
Fortunately, its pretty easy to control your PS4 without a controller. Heres how you can connect a keyboard and mouse or a cell phone to your PS4.
Apologies To Ps And A Solution For Those Still Having Connection Issues
Seems Ive found the issue to why the remote play wasnt working away from home when Im at work, for those having issues , make sure your router is in AP mode also google the ports that need to be forwarded for Ps remote play and set up port forwarding on your home admin Wifi , give your PS4 a static IP that is available to prevent it from changing when you restart your PS4 before setting up port forwarding , disable PS vita network settings . And the part no one told me about not even google is that at the second location find the ip address your phone is using , go into the Wifi admin once in the settings enable DMZ mode and put in the private IP address you found for your mobile phone )In the PS4 remote play app reduce the graphics settings and try to connect to your PlayStation that is in REST MODE at home from work , this will take 2-4 failed connections if your PS4 is not on Ethernet n is below 60% Wifi signal strength, but it should work afterwards running as smoothly as if the PlayStation was right in front of you at work .
Read Also: What Games Are On Ps5
Icespring Phone Clip Holder Clamp Mount Stand Bracket For Playstation 4 Slim Pro Ps4 Wireless Controller
- 2 in 1 holder: With an OTG cable you can enjoy your game with PS4 controller and it can be a smart mount itself.
- PS3 Phone Holder is flexible enough to easily snap onto your PS4 controller, but strong enough to provide a solid mounting platform for your phone
- Adjustable angle range from 0 to 270 degree. You can easily adjust the PS4 Phone Clamp to the most comfortable position to you
- PS4 Game holder controller for your Android mobile phone. Real gaming experience solution
- This PS4 Phone Mount fits phones with maximum width 3.4 . This PS4 Phone Clip Comes with data cable. Simply clip, plug and play, Compatible for Android phone, such as Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC, Sony Xperia etc
How To Connect Ps4 Controller To An Iphone Or Ipad
Confirm that your Apple device is updated to iOS 13/ iPadOS 13 or higher, or else the DualShock 4 won’t connect properly. Once it’s up to date, open up your Settings app and tap the Bluetooth menu option.
Grab your DualShock and press and hold the PS button and the Share button simultaneously.
Don’t let go of those buttons until the light on the back of the controller starts double-blinking then pausing at regular intervals. This should only take about five seconds. If you let go early, the controller will blink slowly without pausing, but your iPhone or iPad will not detect it.
Once the controller starts flashing, check the iOS/ iPadOS Bluetooth Settings menu under ‘Other Devices’. ‘DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller’ should immediately appear once the controller enters pairing mode.
Tap the DUALSHOCK option, and the controller should connect and appear in ‘My Devices’ in just a few seconds. Once it’s synced, the controller light will turn a solid pinkish red.
If the controller is blinking properly but failed to pair, you probably waited too long and the DualShock exited pairing mode. Press and hold the buttons again, then quickly tap the selection again under ‘Other Devices’. It should work this time.
Read Also: Should I Buy An Xbox Or Playstation
To Set Up Ps4 Remote Play On The Xperia Device
You can connect the DUALSHOCK4 controller with the Xperia device or use the on-screen controller to play games. The on-screen controller is not intended for full game play. Instead it provides simple and easy operation as a secondary input method. We recommend to use the DUALSHOCK4 controller.
Note! To ensure a complete PS4 gaming experience, use the DUALSHOCK4 controller which is the only control device that fully supports PS4 Remote Play on Xperia devices.
Why Wont My Ps4 Controller Connect
There are several reasons why your PS4 controller might not be connecting. The most common reason is that the controllers batteries are low. If this is the case, simply recharge the controller and try again. Another possibility is that the controller is not properly paired with the console. To fix this, turn off your console and controller, then press and hold the PS button on your controller for about five seconds. Turn your PS4 back on and try again. Finally, make sure that the controller is not faulty by trying it with another PS4 console or checking for firmware updates.
Recommended Reading: When Can I Buy Playstation 5
Blue Lake Performance Redesign Phone Clip Holder Clamp Mount Stand Bracket For Playstation 4 Slim Pro Ps4 Wireless Controller
- PS4 Game holder controller for your Android mobile phone and iphone. Real gaming experience solution.
- This PS4 Phone Mount fits smart phones with maximum width 3.4 .
- The Micro USB OTG cable connects your phone to the PS4. This ensures the best possible experience for you, may not be the must have item if your phone is type C or iphone charging port.)Iphone can connect by Bluetooth.
- The PS4 system software was recently updated. To benefit from the app, you need to download the new version systerm
- This phone mount compatible with all the versions sony PS4 controllers dual shock 4.not support third-party game controller . It is perfect performance.
Great But Its Missing One Thing Or Two
The thing that its missing is the buttons since the buttons are super big because i have a iPhone 6s Plus the buttons are big that I accidentally tap on the other buttons while Im playing need for speed payback I accidentally put the button to tune the car or when I play fortnite (Im lazy and dont want to download the game on my phone because its a waste of battery and time and memory space on my phone so I play on the games of my PlayStation on my phone witch is fun and add a option in the the setting where you can customize the buttons where you can put them somewhere else on the screen and make them smaller and one more thing that it needs is that you can use the daulshock and play on the phone without the one thing that one thing happening and the two the two things that Im asking please because someones tv or monitor might break so they can play on their phone or tablet with or without the daulshock that are the two things that Im asking right now and other people might appreciate it a lot and I mean a lot and by the way mention the in the news and more people or going to use it
You May Like: What Is Better Ps4 Or Xbox 1
To Perform Manual Pairing
Mobile Game Controller Upgrade 24g & Bluetooth Wireless Gamepad Gaming Joystick For Ios Android Phone/ Pc Windows/ Ps4/ Ps3/ Smart Tv
- Precise Control: Adopts Bluetooth 5.0, faster and stable, 26ft remote control rang, No lagging or drift, the dual analog sticks and trigger buttons with high sensitivity and turbo acceleration function provide a better gaming experience. Adopted the latest Key Mapping You can map triggers, buttons for different movements to meet your gaming habits.
- What You Get: 1x Wireless controller, 1x 2.4G Wireless receiver, 1x Charging cable, 1x User manual. If you have any questions, plz feel free to contact us!
- Widely Compatible: This mobile controller can be connected and played directly, greatly compatible for iOS MFi games/ Android smartphones & PS4/Slim/Pro Console & PC & PS3 & Switch & Smart TV & TV box. With this wireless controller, you can enjoy games in multiple platforms.
- Efficiently Charging: Built-in rechargeable battery, 2 hours charging supports 12 hours continuous playing and 30 days stand-by time, foldable bracket for hold smart phones from 1.9 to 3.5 inches wide, it is full of realism, so you can completely immerse yourself in the gaming world.
- Including 2.4G USB Dongle: Comes with 2.4G wireless receiver so that convenient for playing PS4 & PS3 & PC games, The anti-slip texture grip and ergonomic structure, more comfortable to hold, make you play games for a long time without feeling tired.
Also Check: Why Is My Ps4 Not Reading Discs
Connecting A Smartphone With The Playstation App