What Is Playstation4 Safe Mode And How To Disable It
Every PS4 comes with a Safe Mode, that enables your PS4 to commence with the most primary functions. The PlayStation4 Safe Mode is built to assist us to resolve our problems regarding the HDD database rebuilding, PS4 resolution alterations or also resetting the entire system to its former factory settings.
How To Exit Ps4 Safe Mode
How to get out of safe mode de PS4. Has the console rebooted and automatically entered the safe mode ? Did your PS4 go into safe mode after to update the system software and now you don’t know how to fix it? Don’t panic!
If your console seems to have “stopped” and you don’t know How to exit PS4 safe mode, I can try to help you.
In fact, there is a procedure that can help you get out of safe mode and verify that your console is not sent for assistance. .
Is Safe Mode Really Necessary
Safe Mode allows booting up a PlayStation console with its most basic functions. Because of its limited functionality, it wont carry over firmware errors like database corruption, connection errors, or the Blue Light of Death.
That said, some of these options will result in losing the data. If possible, please back up your data to Cloud Storage or on a USB drive.
Safe Mode options are similar on the PS4 and the PS5. However, therere slight differences we want to explain further.
Also Check: How To Turn Off Voiceover On Minecraft Ps4
My Controller Wont Connect Using Safe Mode Whats The Deal
Many users have expressed issues with Safe Mode and the controllers. Of course, you need to plug your controller into one of the USB ports on the console after booting in Safe Mode, as stated above. Essentially, this pairing process happens because the USB connection sends information from the controller to the console, telling it to work.
Assuming your controller charges , its likely that the cable youre using is the cause. For example, if you still have the USB cable that came with your console, use that one. But, if youre using a third-party one, try a different one. You may have to try several cables, but you need a data transfer cable and not just a charging cable.
It can be a little challenging to tell which cable is a data transfer cable, but comparing two side-by-side, the sheathing on a transfer cable is generally thicker than that of a standard charging cable.
Your Last Resort Option: Initialize The Ps4
Beware: This option will permanently delete all data and settings from your system.
On your computer on a USB drive, create a folder named PS4.
Inside that folder create another folder named UPDATE.
This option will not only delete all user data, but it will also remove and replace the PS4 firmware. This will put your PlayStation back in the “fresh out of the box” state you received it in, so make sure you only do this as a completely last resort, and if you’re out of options entirely. If your PS4 is having an issue, there’s a good chance this will fix it. If it doesn’t, the problem is more serious, and then you’ll be able to fix it all by yourself. At that point, you need to send your console in for repairs or a replacement.
Also Check: How To Setup A Controller On Project 64
Update Your Ps4’s Software
Try updating your PS4’s system software from the Safe Mode menu.
Press “X” to select elect option 3 on the menu, “Update System Software.” Then, press “X” to select “Update Using Internet.” From there, follow the instructions on the screen.
If nothing else works, select option 7, “Initialize PS4 ,” and press “X.” Follow the instructions on the screen.
Disable Playstation4 Safe Mode
In this article, we will guide you on how to disable or to get out a safe mode of PS4 in simple steps by using menu options.
Step 1: First of all, your controller should be appropriately connected to your PS4 USB port.
Step 2: In the menu option, you will see the first option labelled as Restart PS4.
Step 3: Restart and wait for your PS4 to reboot.
After following these steps, if your PS4 again boots back into Safe Mode. Then youll need to test other options below in this article.
If you want to connect your PS4 console to Windows PC then read our detailed guide here.
Also Check: Is Roblox On Ps4
Why Ps4 Safe Mode Not Working
When you activate the safe mode in PS4, only some basic systems processes starts functioning. Those processes are very important for its operation.
PS4 Safe Mode Not Working situations arise because of the systems error redundancy. Due to which PS4 stuck into the loop or starts continuously booting in the safe mode.
Unfortunately, if your PS4 console is also in the non-bootable state or cant get back to the normal mode then you need to take the risk.
I think its better to take a risk in comparison to completely abandon the use of the PS4 console.
How Do I Get Out Of Safe Mode
To exit Safe Mode, open System Configuration Utility by opening the Run command. The keyboard shortcut is: Windows key + R) and enter msconfig, then OK. Tap or click the Home tab, clear the Safe Boot checkbox, click Apply, and then click OK. When you restart your computer, Windows 10 will exit Safe Mode.
You May Like: What Is Safe Mode On Ps4
You May Like: The Sims 4 Ps4 Mod
How To Put Ps4 Into The Safe Mode
Although the term “Safe Mode” may be unfamiliar to you, it is simple to activate it on your PS4 machine. Simply follow these straightforward instructions,
Please turn off your PS4 system by pressing the Power button on the front panel of your console.
Press and hold the Power button after your PS4 system has been turned off. Release the button when you hear the second beep: When you push it, you will hear the first beep, followed by the second beep after around 7 seconds. The message “Connect DUALSHOCK 4 using the USB cord and then press the PS button” should appear on your screen.
Please attach your DualShock 4 to the console via a USB connection, as instructed.
On your controller, press the PS button.
The Safe Mode menu screen should appear after that.
Ps4 Safe Mode Options
The PS4 Safe Mode menu shares the following options:
- Restart System: It ends safe mode and restarts the PlayStation 4 normally. It wont fix anything, but its an alternative way to boot the console after finding other issues. It also allows you to exit Safe Mode.
- Change Resolution: It changes the display to 480p after a console restart. It can troubleshoot issues with blank screens.
- Update System Software: It allows you to update the PS4 by downloading the latest system software. Otherwise, you can use a USB storage device for the update .
- Restore Default Setting: It restores the PS4 console to factory settings. It wont delete storage data like apps, games, game files, video clips, or screenshots.
- Rebuilt Database: It scans the drive and creates a new database with the entire system content. It also fixes corruption errors like game icons missing.
- Initialize PS4: It deletes user data and restores your PS4 to its original state.
- Initialize PS4 : it deletes all data and removes the firmware. Then, it reinstalls the firmware either by downloading or via USB .
- Set HDCP Mode : HDCP 2.2 displays 4K images, while HDCP 1.40 Only limits the resolution to 1080p. Your TV may fail to display 4K if it doesnt support HDCP 2.2. It can also fail if the HDMI cable, A/V amplifiers, or home cinema systems that part of the setup doesnt support 4K either.
Heres an extra tutorial video by Sony PlayStation:
Read Also: Sims 4 Ps4 Mods 2020
Is It Better To Turn Off Ps5 Or Rest Mode
So theres no need to leave your console on Rest Mode overnight to charge your controller. However, many users have been reporting various issues that could be attributed to Rest Mode. You cant keep an eye on your console while youre sleeping, so its best to avoid leaving your PS5 console on Rest Mode overnight.
Bonus Tip: Recover Ps4 Data
If your PS4 files get lost by mistake, you can use MiniTool Power Data Recovery, a free file recovery tool, to get them back.
This software is specially designed to recover data from all kinds of data storage drives, including PS4 hard drives. This post shows you how to use this software to recover your important files: How To Recover Data From PS4 Hard Drive In Different Ways?
Also Check: How To Share Ps Plus With Family
Ps5 Safe Mode Options
The PS5 Safe Mode options are quite similar, although the menu looks smaller and easier to use:
- Restart PS5: It ends Safe Mode and boots the console normally.
- Change Video Output: You can change the resolution manually or change the HDCP mode. These options are ideal when dealing with blank screens.
- Update System Software: It allows you to update the PlayStation 5 via download or a USB storage drive .
- Restore Default Settings: It restores the PS5 to factory settings. It wont delete your data, though.
- Clear Cache and Rebuild Database: If youre experiencing performance drops and slow loading times, its the option to choose. It scans the drive for errors and creates a new database with all of the content on your system.
- Reset PS5: Deletes all user data and restores the console to its original state.
- Rest PS5 : Deletes user data, removes the system software, and installs a fresh OS copy. The copy can come via download or a USB drive.
How To Put Ps4 In Safe Mode
1. Turn off your console by holding the power button for 3 seconds. After blinking a few times, your PS4 will power off.
2. Press and hold the power button, releasing your finger only after the second beep sound. This should take about 7 seconds.
3. Your PS4 will start in Safe Mode. Make sure your controller is connected to the console, and press the PS button.
You May Like: Ps4 Microsoft Account
Why Is My Ps4 Stuck In Safe Mode
Normally, users wont hit upon this issue. But when your cord on PlayStation 4 is loose or the console is outdated, PS4 safe mode loop may come up. Or if some users just have no clue how to put PS4 out of safe mode, it is also natural that you cant take a PlayStation 4 out of safe mode.
Solution 8 Set Hdcp Mode
HDCP is too small for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection. This mode encrypts the data of the HDMI video stream which comes from the HD video device.
If you are unable to see the 4k images then chances are high that you have connected the PS4 with the 4K TV which doesnt support HDCP 2.2.
To see the pictures you can make use of this option to set the HDCP 1.40.
All such issue arises because the 4k image can only support to display of HDCP 2.2 but this will set the video resolution limit to 1080p.
Read Also: Gta 5 Usb Mod Menus
Solution 11 Check The Connected Cables
Another method on how to get PS4 out of Safe Mode is by checking all the cable connections.
The problem is taking an exit from the PS4 Safe Mode sometimes also occur due to improper power supply, damaged USB device, or HDMI cable.
So you need to make a check across all these things to find out the culprit of the PS4 Safe Mode loop.
Apart from this, you can also connect the USB/power/HDMI cables to some other socket or ports.
If any of the cables is appearing broken then immediately replace them.
How To Put Your Ps4 In Safe Mode
If you want to get PS4 in safe mode, you can follow the steps below until the PS4 safe mode menu shows up.
1. If your PS4 is on, press the Power button on PS4 to turn it off if not, skip it and move to step 2.
2. Press and hold the Power button until you hear the second beep from PS4.
Normally, when you hold the Power button all the time, you can hear the first beep immediately, and then after several seconds, the second beep will be made. Once you hear the second beep, release the power button.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect the PS4 controller to PS4.
4. Then hit the PS button on the console.
5. You can see the PS4 Safe Mode menu.
It means that you put PS4 in safe mode. Provided that you hope to get PS4 out of safe mode, refer to the first part How to get PS4 out of safe mode. It will be helpful.
All in all, focusing on getting PS4 out of safe mode, this post has also covered what PS4 safe mode means and how you can get your PlayStation in safe mode to fix PS4 issues. In this way, there will be no more PS4 stuck in safe mode error. And you will also have a deeper understanding of PS4 and PS4 safe mode.
Also Check: Are Scuf Controllers Cheating
Be Convinced There Are No Power Issues
Check to make sure all of the cables, including your USB and HDMI connections, are working properly. You can try unplugging your PS4s power cord and plug it back in. Also, apply this same method to your HDMI cord and switch.
Check and if one of the cables or connections is broken or failing, replace it. If you have confirmed the efficiency of the cables and connections and you still experience same issue, then try power cycling your PS4.
How Do You Get Your Playstation 4 Out Of Safe Mode
Just go on with these simple steps:
Read Also: Sign Into Playstation
How To Start Playstation 4 In Safe Mode
Safe mode was a feature that was introduced with the launch of the PS3. When you start your PS4 in Safe Mode, the console boots up with the most basic function active. This feature helps you to solve issues by rebuilding the console storage database, changing your resolution, in other words, Hard resetting your console to factory settings. This feature is perfect for resolving issues in your PS4.
If youre having problems with launching a game, bugs in the UI, games freezing. Booting your PS4 in Safe Mode can fix the problem. Booting your PS4 in safe mode can result in loss of data, so make sure you have saved your game data. You can also back up your data on a USB drive.
What Does Safe Mode Do
When your PS4 boots up in Safe Mode, you’ll be taken to a screen with eight options:
- Restart System is the easiest way to get out of Safe Mode. This option forces your PS4 to restart normally.
- Change Resolution switches the display resolution to 480p once the console restarts, which may help you resolve screen issues.
- Update System Software lets you update your console’s software through a direct download, a USB drive, or a disc.
- Restore Default Settings resets your console to its factory settings, without deleting games, app, or other data.
- Rebuild Database adds all your content to a new database on the system, which can resolve system feature issues, like if an app icon doesn’t disappear after you’ve deleted the app.
- Initialize PS4 resets your console to its original settings and deletes all user data and settings.
- Initialize PS4 removes your console’s firmware and deletes all user data and settings.
- Set HDCP Mode applies to images that don’t appear on 4K TVs that aren’t compatible with HDCP 2.2. This setting lets you choose HDCP 1.40 to view images that otherwise won’t appear on your TV.
Read Also: When The Ps4 Came Out
Completely Unplug Playstation 4
In case the first method does not work out for you and your console keeps on starting in Safe Mode, then you should try checking your cables i.e. power cables along with the HDMI connections. For a more thorough approach, we would recommend completely unplugging your PS4 and then plugging everything back in after a while. To do this, follow the instructions given down below: