Experiment With The Submenu
Possibly my favorite part of the PS5’s UI is the submenu you can bring up in-game. Basically, if you push the big PlayStation button in the middle of the controller, this submenu pops up. Very nifty.
Older consoles have had some variation of this feature for a while now, but I’m a huge fan of the PS5’s version. It’s unobtrusive, subtle and allows for customization.
You can access settings, mess around with sound levels and add additional devices like headphones. You can even link your Spotify account and choose music from the submenu. VR options are also available from here, which will be a big help for those trying to fix VR issues on the fly.
You can easily switch between recently played games in this submenu as well, negating the need to go to the homepage to start a new game.
But my favorite part: It’s possible to customize your submenu. You can even add the PS5’s accessibility options to the sub, which I’d imagine could be incredibly helpful for gamers with disabilities.
How Do I Increase My Chances Of Getting A Ps5
Major retailers like Walmart, GameStop, Amazon, Target and Best Buy don’t usually give much notice ahead of a restock. Sometimes they’ll have a restock in the morning, other times in the afternoon and, in some cases, even in the middle of the night. Here are some tips to help you get the jump on the competition.
First tip: Don’t wait until you see an alert for a PS5 inventory drop. Check the links at major retailers for stock updates daily or even multiple times a day. If you do happen upon some PS5 availability, go all-in with as many browsers and devices as possible. On a desktop, for example, open the retailer’s page in Chrome, Firefox and Edge. Then do the same on your phone and tablet. The more devices and browsers, the better. It’s like with lottery tickets: The more you have, the better your chances of winning.
Second tip: Create accounts at the different retailers and make sure you’re already logged in if you’re going to try to get a PS5. Make sure all your shipping, bill and payment info is updated on whatever device you can buy from, whether it’s a laptop, desktop or phone. This makes checking out a lot faster, which is crucial as retailers’ sites get quickly bogged down, leading to people losing their chance of securing a PS5.
How Do You Install The Stand For The Horizontal Ps5
1. Rotate the base of the PlayStation 5s stand so that the raised section and the hooks are not aligned.
2. Lay down the PS5 on its front, so that the rear of the console is pointing upward. Look at the systems rear port array. Beneath the leftmost USB port, etched into the lower white plastic fin there, youll see a repeating pattern of the PlayStation face buttons: square, circle, triangle, X.
3. Line up the stand with these icons, slotting the hooks into the squares on either end of the pattern, and push the hooks into place. Make sure to push in the hooks as far as theyll go to create as secure an attachment as possible.
4. Make sure the console is balanced properly on the raised part of the stand, and set the console on a flat surface.
Don’t Miss: Will God Of War 5 Be On Ps4
Ps5 Vs Xbox Series X: Buy Now Or Wait
Ever since the two consoles launched it’s not been easy to find a healthy Xbox Series X restock or PS5 restock. And while the situation is perhaps not as dire as it was 18 months ago, you may still need to weigh up which console to dedicate your time to in hunting down.
Both machines have their merits, but for our money we’d chose the PS5. That’s simply down to there being more cross-generation games for the Xbox Series X and how a lot of the current best Xbox Series X games are also available on Windows 10 and 11 PCs. So if you have a powerful gaming PC, you can afford to skip the Series X, whereas a PS5 will give you access to exclusives like Deathloop, Gran Turismo 7 and Returnal.
Is Ps5 More Powerful Than Xbox Series X Or Vice
The PS5 CPU is a custom third-generation Ryzen chip . As for the PS5 GPU, it’s a heavily customized variant of AMD’s Radeon Navi, which can simulate 3D audio and support ray-tracing. More specifically, it offers 10.28 teraFLOPs and 36 CUs at 2.23GHz. That’s paired with 16GB GDDR6 RAM. In terms of storage, the PS5 packs a custom 825GB SSD running at 5.5GB per second.
In terms of extra storage, while Sony revealed that we would be able to plug in additional SSD support via PCIe 4.0 to expand space for games, it hasnt activated that feature just yet. Given the price of this speed of SSD, its not going to be a cheap endeavor when it is actively turned on but if youre running low on space, you can use regular USB drives to store your games. As announced in a Sony blog post, you just wont be able to run them from the drive and have to transfer to the PS5 before playing.
Now onto the Xbox Series X specs. Like Sony, Microsoft worked with AMD to co-engineer a custom system-on-chip platform . It also has an eight-core Zen 2 system, but the Xbox Series X version clocks in at 3.8GHz. Meanwhile, the GPU can handle 12 teraFLOPs with 52 CUs at 1.825GHz. This allows Xbox Series X to support hardware-accelerated real-time ray-tracing, leading to gorgeous visuals. Finally, the console has 16GB GDDR6 RAM with a hefty 1TB SSD running at 2.4GB per second. If you want more, it can be supported with the official Xbox Series X Storage Expansion Card that offers an extra 1TB of space.
Also Check: How To Live Stream On Ps4
Ps5 Vs Xbox Series X: Performance
First off, the PS5 relishes being a new generation console with the fully redesigned DualSense controller. With built in haptics and adaptive triggers, it really pushes away from the previous generation, making you feel like a part of the game. Whether youre feeling every spring in Astros Playroom or terrified by the steady thrum of Returnal through your hands, theres a true sense of immersion here. Add in the impressive Sony first-party titles, each making the most of this shiny new tech and it feels like only a tease of what to come. And if that feels like a gimmick to some, the PS5s visuals certainly arent. Shining especially in first-party games but beautiful across the board, the impressive graphics are also clearly only just the beginning but a very noticeable upgrade from the previous generation. Oh, and if youve always had to wear headphones because of the noise of your PS4, youll be very pleased to know that the PS5 is near silent.
Who Should Buy The Digital Edition Ps5
If our breakdown of design, price and more still has your head spinning about which PS5 system you should purchase, weve rounded up an illuminating list of who would best benefit from the PS5 Digital Edition console.
1. Your internet doesn’t suck. With the PS5 Digital Edition, you’ll be entirely dependent on your internet connection. Can it handle 100GB-plus downloads? Is it fast enough? If your internet is notorious for having connectivity issues, you may want to upgrade to a speedier network or purchase the optical-media PS5 console.
2. You don’t care about owning physical copies. While some traditionalists may not be ready to let go of the physical-copy gaming world, others look forward to a digital-only future. Many laptops have ditched optical drives and gaming consoles are headed toward the same path. If having a digital-only library doesn’t faze you, the Digital Edition is the perfect console for you.
3. You’re a stickler for symmetrical designs. Some people are finicky with designs. Some PlayStation loyalists don’t care what the console looks like, but others will fuss if the design doesn’t align with their tastes. Many have voiced an aversion to the disc-equipped console’s bulging optical drive. As a result, they’ll be opting for the Digital Edition for its sleeker, symmetrical design.
4. You want to save some money. The Digital Edition PS5 is $100 cheaper than its disc-equipped counterpart with a $399 price tag.
Also Check: How To Make Your Controller Vibrate Ps4
Remind Me What’s Happening On The Inside
Today was all about the design and the new games coming to the console in 2020 and beyond, but it’s worth reminding everyone what the console has under the hood.
Namely, that includes an AMD Zen 2-based CPU with 8 cores at 3.5GHz and a 10.28 TFLOP custom RDNA 2 GPU that has 36 CUs at 2.23GHz. It uses a custom 825GB SSD and 16GB GDDR6 memory with a streamlined system architecture that, according to the lead console architect Mark Cerny, eliminates bottle necks.
Finally, it will have a 4K UHD Blu-ray drive… or at least the regular PS5 will. The PS5 Digital Edition will have to stream movies or buy them from the store – which isn’t the end of the world either way.
Both consoles are expected out at the same time, Holiday 2020 a.k.a. November or December of this year, and you can count on us being there to cover them.
- What can the PS5 play? Here are all the PS5 games announced so far
Ps5 Vs Xbox Series X: Size
We know lifes not all about size but when it comes to PS5 vs Xbox Series X, it totally is, and while neither console is particularly diminutive, the PS5 is an absolute monster. Sonys new-gen behemoth sits at a TV stand-busting 39cm in height, 26cm deep, and 10.4cm wide. The saving grace here is that the PS5 is as happy lying down as it is looking like part of a modern skyline on its stand so you shouldnt need to buy new furniture.
And dont think that buying the PS5 Digital Edition will help much. The only difference is a cm in the width of the console. There is a bit of a weight difference between the two flavors. The regular PS5 weighs in at 4.5kg, while the disc drive-free version is a significantly lighter 3.9kg. And if you were worrying about the PS5 not matching your decor, it’s now possible to buy official PlayStation Console Covers in five different colours. You can switch up the white to Midnight Black, Cosmic Red, Starlight Blue, Galactic Purple, and the eye-watering Nova Pink for £44.99/ $54.99. And don’t worry, you can always get a DualSense controller to match.
Don’t Miss: How To Use Wired Ps4 Controller On Pc
Select Your Power Settings
The PS5 gives you the ability to better control how much power your PS5 is pulling, mostly when you put it into rest mode. As with the privacy settings, you’ll be able to choose between profiles during setup, with presets that can be broken down further if you feel like diving deeper. Those presets determine how long it takes for your PS5 to power down when idle and also whether or not the console will automatically download updates — useful if you want to avoid the dreaded system update when you want to play something online.
How Can I Improve My Ps5 Graphics
- Go to additional settings on the TV and click HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color settings
- Use a HDMI 2.1 cable and force it to turn on otherwise you need to reboot the TV and get a blank screen
- Enable SIMPLINK to improve the communication between the PS5 & TV
- For a OLED TV the black level control should be set to auto
- If you have a 2020/2021 TV turn on HGIG Mode & Dynamic Tone Mapping (when enabled the TV disables its dyanmic tone mapping & lets the console & game display HDR imagesas intended
- Set TV to game mode
All these settings should be turned on for the best picture quality possible, now I will discuss the best PS5 settings to make your PS5 graphics look beautiful.
You May Like: Can Ps5 Play Ps2 Games
Ps5 Vs Xbox Series X: Psvr 2
While Xbox is leading the way on a simple subscription service, Microsoft has fully dismissed VR for the platform. Sony though has confirmed PSVR 2 for the PS5 with a number of significant upgrades from the original. The square edges of the first PlayStation virtual reality headset are gone, leaving slick minimalist lines and those lights used for tracking have disappeared too. Theres no need for an external sensor as, just like the Meta Quest 2, the PSVR2 uses onboard camera tracking in the headset for positioning. And, in news that will be of great relief to those with a sea of PSVR boxes and wires, theres only one wired USB connection.
Thanks to two 2000 x 2040 OLED displays, the headset supports full 4K resolution imagery up to 120fps. This means four times the resolution of the original headset and the field of view has been cranked up another 13 degrees to 110 degrees for an even more immersive VR experience. The original PSVR potentially isnt as crisp as it could be but still feels impressive, meaning that this upgrade is going to feel like a real literal gamechanger. Plus given that everyones eyes are different, a new lens dial has been added to the PSVR2 for ultimate clarity which will make a real difference. Theres even a new airflow solution to prevent lens steaming that Beat Saber players especially will appreciate.
- Upcoming PSVR 2 games – all the titles revealed so far
Who Should Buy The Ps5 Disc Console
The advantage of the disc-equipped PS5 is that youre not stuck with one way of downloading your games you can choose between snagging a physical copy or downloading it digitally. Here are the folks whod get the most out of a standard PS5:
1. You don’t want total internet reliance. If you don’t want to rely on your spotty Internet connection to download games, consider getting the disc-equipped PS5.
2. You own a swath of popular PS4 discs. The PS5 has limited backwards compatibility it will support “almost all” of the top 100 most-played PS4 games. So if you want to sink your teeth into some nostalgic gaming on your new console, get the disc-equipped PS5.
3. You have a DVD and Blu-ray collection. Every now and then, you may want to wipe the dust off your DVD collection and watch a movie or two. You won’t be able to do that with the Digital Edition, so if you prefer a console that can support gaming, DVDs and Blu-ray, the standard PS5 will be the best choice for you.
4. You love getting collector’s edition game packages. Some gamers love getting their hands on collector’s edition packages, which can feature audio soundtracks and behind-the-scenes DVD footage — media goodies you won’t be able to use on PS5’s Digital Edition model.
Also Check: When Is The Next Pre Order For Ps5
What Does The Ps5 Look Like Is The Ps5 Design Confirmed
If you missed the PS5 reveal, here’s what the PS5 looks like.
However, the console itself stole the limelight at the PS5 reveal event in June, with some fans praising it, some criticising it, and many creating memes out of the console.
As how the console looks aesthetically pleasing is such a vital part of a console development, it was important that Sony got the design of the PS5 right. Did they? Let’s find out.
Why Does My Ps5 Graphics Look So Bad
The PS5 is designed to automatically communicate with your TV to provide the best graphics possible however if your TV is older than 2019 the optimization settings will not work well. Several settings like HDR, 4:4:4 Color sample, HDMI 2.1 & Variable refresh rate have to be set up correctly for the graphics to look good.
If you have a TV from 2019 or newer the PS5s automatic settings should work well, but dont worry in this guide I will explain exactly how to set up your TV correctly to work with your PS5.
You do need an HDMI 2.1 cable to get the best graphics for your PS5, the cable that came with your PS5 is a 2.1 HDMI cable
Is your PS5s remote play quality worse than your expectations? I recommend you read my guide here on how to play PS5 remote play better than ever.
Also Check: How To Play Ps4 Offline
Sony Has Released A New Ps5 Model: Here’s What’s Changed
We’ve got a new PS5 model in stores and online, but what is the difference between the new model and the original PS5?
Sony has released a new PS5 redesign less than a year into its lifespan, with no major announcement of the change. On the surface, this new PS5 looks virtually identical to the old PS5. But, of course, they aren’t exactly the same.
So, what’s different? Is this new PS5 model better? And, does it matter if you get the original PS5 model or the new PS5? Let’s find out.