Game Locked After Game Sharing
I am not going to use this guide to teach people how to game share. If you are doing this, the locked icon is a very common problem. You can attempt to fix it using the solution above but the problem is down to you sharing the game in the first place. The other person who owns the primary account has control and is restricting your access to this title. Either they have connected to the internet and kicked you off or there is an issue with the account. Sharing is not something you should be doing with friends.
How To Fix Locked Ps4 Games
Depending on the setup you have, you may find that you are often dealing with PS4 games with the locked icon on them. When you try to load the game up, it will give you an error about not having the licenses that allow you to play it. Who do you fix this problem?
This can sometimes be a temporary issue. If you have a slow connection to the internet at home or PSN is running a bit slow, it might take a few seconds for it to go away after you boot up. This guide will help you remove the padlock so that you can get back to playing a game.
How To Gift Games On Your Ps4 Using A Playstation Store Cash Card
1. Purchase a PlayStation Store Cash Card in the amount of your choice. These gift cards can be purchased at various retail locations and on the PlayStation website.
2. Physically give your friend the gift card or simply the card’s digital code.
3. Your friend can redeem the gift card in the PlayStation Store using their PS4 console. From the PS4’s Home screen, navigate to the “Settings” tab on the upper right part of the screen and press the X button.
4. Navigate to “Account Management” and press X. Then, select “Account Information” and press X.
5. Select “Wallet” and press X, then select “Add Funds” and press X.
6. Select “Redeem Codes and Gift Cards” and press X, then use the controller to enter the code listed on the gift card itself. When you are finished, select “Continue” and press X.
Your friend should now be able to access the funds you gifted to them via the PlayStation Store Cash Card.
Don’t Miss: How To Reload In The Last Of Us Ps4
Gift With Purchase : Playstation 4
Sony has always been giving its gamers the best with its PlayStation. And PS4 is one of PlayStations attractively designed consoles with a sharp, slightly angled profile accented. It has a light bar that acts as a console status indicator. Whether youre upgrading from PS3 or want to gift it to someone, find your PlayStation 4 at Target. It uses a 16-core, 64-bit AMD Jaguar CPU and 8GB of GDDR5 RAM, and its GPU is an AMD Radeon-based engine. Like PS3 it uses a Blu-ray drive. The controller, DualShock 4, is a major upgrade from its predecessor. It a little heavier, a little bigger and comfortable enough to use for a longer time. The controller also introduces refined gyroscopic and accelerometer-based motion control. It has a great audio system to make the gaming experience more immersive and smooth. And the best part? It supports over 400 games. PS4 also other variants: PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro. Browse through our store for your favorite PS4 along with accessories to level up your gaming. Ready player? 3. 2. 1. Go!
Set As Your Primary Ps4
You can set the PS4 as your primary console, which will make sure you can play games offline if there are PSN problems or other issues. This also allows other users on the PS4 to access all the content associated with this PS4. This is a smart step if the family will be sharing the PS4 with multiple accounts. Buy a game once and everyone can play it on their own accounts. This also lets you share the PS+ subscription.
Go to Settings -> Account Management -> Activate as Your Primary PS4 -> Activate.
This takes a few seconds, and you can only set one Primary PS4 per account, but it is a smart thing to do when setting up the PS4.
Don’t Miss: How To Hack Gta 5 Online Ps4 Money
So Can You Gift Your Friends A Copy Of A Game Through The Playstation Store
Short answer: No, but theres a workaround
See, back in April of 2019, Sony stopped letting retailers sell digital game download codes for full games. That meant you had to buy digital games direct from the PlayStation Store, which doesnt let you buy codes to gift to your friends. Purchases on the Store are immediately attached to your account. You can still buy DLC, virtual currency, add-ons, and season passes from retailers in digital form though, so gifting those is easy.
To get around this weird shift by Sony, the only way currently to gift a digital game to your friends is to buy a PlayStation Store Gift Card for the amount of the game, and send them the codes for the gift card.
What do you think? Surprised that Sony doesnt allow you to gift PS4 games? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our or .
How To Change Your Psn Region On Ps4 And Ps5
This method gives you access to the PlayStation Store in whichever country you select during the signup process. You can access new games before theyre officially released in your location, or apps/games that are only available in a certain country.
I downloaded Hulu with my new US PSN account. Then I connected my VPN to a US server and watched all my favorite Hulu shows on my PS4!
You May Like: What Headphones Work With Ps4 Chat
Log Into The Playstation Network
The process of getting started with PlayStation 4 games can be much quicker if the console is already associated with the users PlayStation Network account. Assuming the person receiving the console doesnt have one yet, you can create one using the PlayStation 4 itself. We suggest asking the person receiving the console what their preferred username would be, as changing it is a bit of a hassle.
Turn on the PlayStation 4, and at the login screen, select the create a user option, and then choose to sign up for PlayStation Network. From here, enter the players email, username, and a temporary password and accept the terms of service. Youll need the person receiving the PlayStation 4 to accept the account verification email they receive, and then the account will be good to go.
If the person receiving the PlayStation 4 already has a PSN account, the process is simpler. Youll still be prompted to sign into the PlayStation Network after performing the system software update, but you can simply enter their user information to log into their account. Make sure they dont use that password for anything else and have them reset it on their console once theyve been gifted it.
How To Create A Psn Account
5. Create an online ID and input your first and last name.6. Select your settings for Sharing, Friends, and Messages.
7. After reading the Terms of Service, click on Accept.8. You will receive a verification link in your inbox. Open your email and click on the link to finalize the account creation.
Recommended Reading: When Will Rust Come To Ps4
Holiday 2020 Gift Guide Great Ps4 Games To Buy
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
- What is it A mixture of visual novel and tactical battles set against the backdrop of a time-travelling apocalypse, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is a gorgeous and massively deep adventure that demands the attention of all.
- Who would like it Fans of mecha anime, visual novels and games by the developer, Vanillaware.
- How much does it cost $59.99 or less.
- Where to buy Best Buy, Target
Annapurna Interactive Deluxe PS4 Limited Edition
- What is it A stunning and extremely limited edition collection of eight of the best indie titles of this generation, including Donut County, Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition, Outer Wilds, Sayonara Wild Hearts, Wattam and What Remains of Edith Finch and the first physical PlayStation 4 release of Telling Lies and Gorogoa. In addition to those games, the Annapurna Interactive Deluxe PS4 Limited Edition features an ultra premium, custom-designed folio package along with an exclusive foreword from Annapurna Interactive Founder Nathan Gary and exclusive statements from each games creative visionaries.
- Who would like it Fans of indie games, something different and highly collectible stuff.
- How much does it cost $199.99
- Where to buy iam8bit
Assassins Creed Valhalla
Control: Ultimate Edition
Crash Bandicoot 4: Its About Time
Creature in the Well: Physical Edition
Final Fantasy VII: Remake
Ghost of Tsushima
Journey to the Savage Planet
Mafia: Definitive Edition
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
Join Playstation Plus Membership At A Discounted Price
For PS4 users, we all know how much fun could be added with PlayStation Plus, which gets you two free monthly games, online multiplayer, exclusive discounts .
You will spend $50 , you are going to get much more in return. Although the annual subscription offers a 30% discount, its not easy to pull the trigger.
Read Also: How To Delete Fortnite On Ps4
The Best Game For A Gamer
Choosing a gift for a gamer is really not that complicated at all. With the right game, you can put a smile on any gamers face and they will be happy with their latest addition and excited to play it. But how do you know what type of games they like to play? And do they even want a new game? If you dont know the answer to that question, its a good idea to give a PSN Gift Cardas a present. This way they can choose for themselves which game they prefer!
How To Enable 2fa Via Web Browser
Recommended Reading: When Will Cyberpunk 2077 Release On Ps5
Playstation Dualshock 4 Controller
- What is it An extra official PlayStation DualShock 4 controller to either replace a missing/broken pad, or, to provide an additional controller for friends and family to play games together in front of a single PlayStation 4 console.
- Who would like it Folk who are looking to replace a controller, or add a new one for local multiplayer.
- How much does it cost $59.99 or less
Are There Any Alternatives To Gift Ps4 Games
Some people might not be comfortable in gifting a gift card or a physical copy of the game. So, we are providing you with a list of things that you can opt for other than ps4 digital games.
This is a list of ps4 accessories that you can gift to your friends so that they can have a good experience of playing the games they already have. Moreover, gifting play station accessories can be a good option rather than gifting the ps4 digital games.
There are two reasons we recommend you these alternatives. First is that they are easily available on different websites and second is these help enhance the experience. Heres a list of all the alternatives we recommend with all the details of those products.
Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller
Description: This controller is available on Amazon and you can easily use it because it was easily programmable. It has different lights that glow according to the actions that you perform while driving. You can hear the clear sound directly coming from the controller.
Sony Official Licensed Stereo Headset
Description: It is available on Amazon and has 40 mm speakers with a powerful base. The cushions of this headset are very comfortable as well as sound quality is remarkable.
Porro Fino PS4 Wireless Controller for Playstation 4
Also Check: Which Came First Xbox Or Playstation
Whats The Difference Between Ps4 Gamesharing And Ps4 Share Play
It is imperative that you know that PS4 gamesharing is not the same as the PS4 Share Play feature. The main difference is the functionality. With PS4 gamesharing, you are letting your friend access your gaming library and play the titles you have by allowing them to use your account.
On the other hand, PS4 Share Play allows you to invite a friend to watch you play. You can also use the Share Play feature to play games together. You can use it to invite a friend to join you in a local co-op or multiplayer game. It is worth noting that you and your friends locations do not matter when it comes to PS4 Share Play. You can use the feature from anywhere in the world.
Here is how to use the PS4 Share Play feature:
5. Select the friend you wish to play with .6. Once your friend accepts, you will now have 60 minutes to have a share play session. That means your friend can view your screen for an entire hour.
Although you can share your screen for free, playing a game together with your friend using the Share Play feature does require a PlayStation Plus membership. Additionally, the game you play should be available in both your countries. Apart from that, you can only invite one player to join you with the PS4 Share Play feature.
How To Set Up Ps4 Gamesharing
Choosing to activate this option will allow your friend to gain full access to your PlayStation game library. That means they can use their own console to play your games. If you want to set your own console as your primary PS4 again, you can repeat the steps above on your console this time.
Recommended Reading: How To Connect Ps4 To Xfinity Wifi Hotspot
Can You Gift Games On Ps4
Short answer: No.
Long answer: Yes, sort of.
For some strange reason Sony has yet to enable the ability to gift a game via PSN. The most plausible motive is that its an attempt to reduce hacking/stolen credit card use, etc. Remember how PSN got hacked back in 2011? If accounts cant gift games, then Sony wont have to spend resources on managing hacking and phishing attempts which would likely be caused by having this feature.
However, Steam and Xbox Live have this feature and its great. Fancy treating one of your friends to a surprise game? Simply go to checkout and select that youre gifting it. Done.
We really do think that if PSN had a gifting option, more games would be bought digitally. It seems like a win-win, and we have no idea as to why they are against it, especially with how amazing their monthly sales are.
There are a few alternative ways to get around this feature block though:
- Purchase a game code online from
- Send your friend or relative the money so that they can buy it themselves.
The alternatives listed will vary with how personal they are, even though the end result is the same. Receiving some money to buy a game you want just seems impersonal, compared to received a $50 PSN gift card.
The disadvantage to these methods though, is that they seldom price-match the PSN store discounts that sometimes run. If youre buying a PSN gift card though then that wont really matter.